Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT to Cut Cheer Program

It Seems that WT will be cutting its Cheer program.

https://www.change.org/p/west-texas-...-save-wt-cheer

Pure idiocy. Is there such a thing as Texas football without cheerleaders.

Comment

I don't see any numbers of what they would be "saving" by dropping it. Dance and cheer are two different things.

Comment

Im wondering if this isn't some sort of "woke" BS move. The football team formerly called the Redskins just did the same - removed cheerleaders and replaced them with a "co-ed dance team." Commerce has BOTH a cheerleading squad and a dance team.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
          Im wondering if this isn't some sort of "woke" BS move. The football team formerly called the Redskins just did the same - removed cheerleaders and replaced them with a "co-ed dance team." Commerce has BOTH a cheerleading squad and a dance team.
          It probably is. Let's make sure we bow to the wishes of 0.0001% of the population.

Comment

MSU Mankato has both. I think that the women pay for their own uniforms. Most of the cost is for an advisor. It brings parents and friends to the games. Long range- it probably helps with alumni donations. You feel more a part of a school if you are involved with activities. St Hons has way over a hundred players on the football team. Most of them never get into a game. Yet they go on to run their own businesses and can say, yes, I was on that title team! Then they write out a check.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

It probably is. Let's make sure we bow to the wishes of 0.0001% of the population.

Comment

Yeah I would love to know the truth of the move. I have two friends where their daughters cheered for WT in the last few years and their siblings had visited the campus looking to tryout for a cheerleading scholarship. One has already posted on her Facebook page that she is changing her visits to Midwestern and Tarleton since they offer cheer scholarships.

If this is a money move kind of puts a dent into D1 discussions?

Comment

We have both at ATU also. I think we are the only GAC school that the cheerleaders and dance team never missed a basketball tournament game in Bartlesville.

Comment

When Gene Mayfield was coaching WT, the cheerleaders would hold up 5 signs when a bad play happened (that was often). C H I T plus an unhappy face. It was often the highlight of the weekly beatings we took in D1 after Joe Kerbel was fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                      Yeah I would love to know the truth of the move. I have two friends where their daughters cheered for WT in the last few years and their siblings had visited the campus looking to tryout for a cheerleading scholarship. One has already posted on her Facebook page that she is changing her visits to Midwestern and Tarleton since they offer cheer scholarships.

A few years ago there was a nut-job who was an Abilene Christian graduate student; I think he went by XXXACUGradStudentGaloreXXX, that would regularly post about his efforts to remove the cheerleaders at ACU because the young cuties with their long firm legs and tight bouncing body parts, of which he claimed that these young women were be objectified. WTF?

He eventually got kicked out of ACU---he was a complete whacko.
                      Last edited by HOGSVRR; 03-12-2021, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Damn buncha soft liberal leftie commies down in Texas, ain't nobody up here in CO gunna take my freedum to watch cheerleaders.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

A few years ago there was a nut-job who was an Abilene Christian graduate student; I think he went by XXXACUGradStudentGaloreXXX, that would regularly post about his efforts to remove the cheerleaders at ACU because the young cuties with their long firm legs and tight bouncing body parts, of which he claimed that these young women were be objectified. WTF?

So where did your son finally get his graduates from? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

We have had our crazies on this board the last decade. ACUgradstudent, humboldt fan, AMW33 or whatever that chicks name was from Corpus, Taylor Harris dad, etc.

Almost forgot Lionfan. ;)

Hope you are doing well VRR. Are you still in the Houston area? I moved to Lake Conroe last summer.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X