Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post

Speaking of moving up- what does UCO plan to do? Or are the D2 Oklahoma teams actually going to be forced into one conference? I would think that would be unlikely.
    I'm from Oklahoma and I called my state legislature. They said it was just a study and nothing would come from it. It was just one guy from a district in Tulsa looking into what it would look like. Oklahoma schools going into one conference is not going to happen from everything I have heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Not so much their actual football team but their campus and facilities as a whole.
      Have you been on their campus? Athletic facilities are Jr high and city recreation caliber. They do have some newer buildings but that is to be expected since they built from scratch starting in the late 70s. Odessa and Midland Jr Colleges have much better facilities..

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        Nope. This was solely a decision based on us. There's still other discussions going on, but whether or not they come to fruition wasn't part of it.
        Now, just need Tech to schedule up the Lions so both of my alma maters will be on the same football field in competition. Maybe I can cut both jerseys in half and sow them together so that I still have a jersey for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

That is downright silly to call UTPB an upper tier LSC school. They beat three cream puffs and then get their butts whooped last weekend. What I saw last weekend was the same old bunch of fat linemen and mediocre skill players they have been putting on the field for years. If they played WT 50 times, WT would win 49.
          Not sure about your assessments.

LOOK AT OL:

https://utpbfalcons.com/sports/football/roster

SMDH.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Not sure about your assessments.

LOOK AT OL:

https://utpbfalcons.com/sports/football/roster

SMDH.
            I have seen their OL line in action. Fat and slow

Comment

I have seen their OL line in action. Fat and slow
              Which ones are "Fat and slow"?

https://youtu.be/aq9EGUzPRAs

You just have a hard on for Odessa-Permian. I get it!

Like it or not, UTPB is a much improved football program and will only get MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better, and be a force in the LSC. It's surprising to see a program in their 6th year compete with programs that possess many more resources and have been around for EVER. Not to mention beating a program that has been around for 111 years!!!!

Not many new programs progress this fast in such a short period of time. Amazing programs like West Florida and CSUP were very successful very quickly.

Comment

Which ones are "Fat and slow"?

https://youtu.be/aq9EGUzPRAs

You just have a hard on for Odessa-Permian. I get it!

Like it or not, UTPB is a much improved football program and will only get MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better, and be a force in the LSC. It's surprising to see a program in their 6th year compete with programs that possess many more resources and have been around for EVER. Not to mention beating a program that has been around for 111 years!!!!

Not many new programs progress this fast in such a short period of time. Amazing programs like West Florida and CSUP were very successful very quickly.
                I have seen them live and stand by my assessment.

I do not give a rats azz about Odessa Permian.

The UTPB team I saw last week is no better than what I have seen he last few years.

I do want UTPB to get better and be more competitive. With Tarleton and ACU gone, ASU needs a good day trip rivalry game.

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

I don't really know. The new(ish) president is very budget consious. I doubt UCO would move up but I don't really know. If I had to bet my next check on where UCO would be in five or ten years I would say MIAA. (This is assuming college sports as we know it is around in any form.) If any non D-I team from Oklahoma move up it would be Oklahoma City University, they are NAIA now, but were the standard bearer for the state in basketball for years and made several NCAA Tournaments.

The state legislature or governor really couldn't care less about where any college has their sports. They are more concerned about the OSSAA than anything. OU and OSU aren't tied at the hip. Why would any of the state schools be?
                  Time to hedge my bet?

https://bronchosports.com/news/2021/...n-stadium.aspx
                  Go Bronchos!

Comment

Have you been on their campus? Athletic facilities are Jr high and city recreation caliber. They do have some newer buildings but that is to be expected since they built from scratch starting in the late 70s. Odessa and Midland Jr Colleges have much better facilities..
                    So, you consider this Jr High and city rec caliber??

https://utpbfalcons.com/sports/2014/...014142524.aspx

Comment

I have seen them live and stand by my assessment.

I do not give a rats azz about Odessa Permian.

The UTPB team I saw last week is no better than what I have seen he last few years.

I do want UTPB to get better and be more competitive. With Tarleton and ACU gone, ASU needs a good day trip rivalry game.
                      Agree with this only.

Comment

https://spark.adobe.com/page/haHmjOqPJQo5y/

you forgot this. The aged JR High/ Rec Center like facilities are down in Kingsville

UT Peanut Butter is on the right track

Comment

Not going to get into a pissing contest over semantics of the definition of "upper tier" over competition vs. facilities. I have been to their campus a few times recently as I have attended graduations and sporting events involving friends of mine college kids. Have had the tour and was impressed with their sports facilities.

Is their facility the best in the LSC? Nope. Upper 3 or 4 with Commerce leaving? Yes. Hell their facilities are better than multiple Southland conference schools. I was going to post links but looks like ASUPops and LSCFan beat me to it.

At some point I think they will need an on campus stadium like WT did if they have dreams of ever moving up.

If they finish top 4 in the LSC standings I would consider that upper tier. Beating WT even though they aren't 2013 caliber but not 2017 dreadful either counts for a lot.

Comment

Not a UTPB facility. it is ECISD

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

https://spark.adobe.com/page/haHmjOqPJQo5y/

you forgot this. The aged JR High/ Rec Center like facilities are down in Kingsville

UT Peanut Butter is on the right track
                              All that is Jr High or city rec according to AngeloFan.....and he's the smartest guy in the room! 70707070707

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Not going to get into a pissing contest over semantics of the definition of "upper tier" over competition vs. facilities. I have been to their campus a few times recently as I have attended graduations and sporting events involving friends of mine college kids. Have had the tour and was impressed with their sports facilities.

Is their facility the best in the LSC? Nope. Upper 3 or 4 with Commerce leaving? Yes. Hell their facilities are better than multiple Southland conference schools. I was going to post links but looks like ASUPops and LSCFan beat me to it.

At some point I think they will need an on campus stadium like WT did if they have dreams of ever moving up.

If they finish top 4 in the LSC standings I would consider that upper tier. Beating WT even though they aren't 2013 caliber but not 2017 dreadful either counts for a lot.
                                Agree 100%!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X