Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I have no idea. But from all indications its full steam ahead to climb back to the FBS ranks.
    They might as well pluck the remaining Conference USA teams while they're at it. Because there's no way CUSA survives this latest purge...
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

They might as well pluck the remaining Conference USA teams while they're at it. Because there's no way CUSA survives this latest purge...
      It is interesting that the previous exits were from the Sun Belt to CUSA.
      Are their any talk of where former SBC members FIU, MTSU, and WKU will go?
      I wonder where La Tech is going to go? They fought tooth and nail to keep ULL and ULM out of CUSA for years. Will they be magnanimous? It isn't like there is a real hierarchy when it comes to G5 schools/conferences anymore. I don't think of LTU in higher regard than ULM.
      I find it ironic that their WarHawks/Cajun Chickens have come home to roost.
      Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

It is interesting that the previous exits were from the Sun Belt to CUSA.
        Are their any talk of where former SBC members FIU, MTSU, and WKU will go?
        I wonder where La Tech is going to go? They fought tooth and nail to keep ULL and ULM out of CUSA for years. Will they be magnanimous? It isn't like there is a real hierarchy when it comes to G5 schools/conferences anymore. I don't think of LTU in higher regard than ULM.
        I find it ironic that their WarHawks/Cajun Chickens have come home to roost.
        These two are in talks with the MAC. Once these two sign off C-USA is at the point of no return. No way would I sign on knowing at any minute these two are gone. Death knell so to speak.

Comment

McNeese and UIW made membership presentations in early October to WAC presidents meeting in Denver.

My thinking is could the Southland fall apart before TAMUC even starts transitioning?

https://www.americanpress.com/2021/1...ew-conference/

Read this article earlier this week.

Comment

McNeese and UIW made membership presentations in early October to WAC presidents meeting in Denver.

My thinking is could the Southland fall apart before TAMUC even starts transitioning?

WAC will be voting to add either McNeese or UIW this week or both. If so, desperation has to be setting in on Southland.

Comment

Very interesting article. I had no idea that much movement was going on.

Comment

WAC will be voting to add either McNeese or UIW this week or both. If so, desperation has to be setting in on Southland.
                Looks like another chance for certain LSC schools to take their shot?

Comment

These two are in talks with the MAC. Once these two sign off C-USA is at the point of no return. No way would I sign on knowing at any minute these two are gone. Death knell so to speak.

Comment

Not sure if already posted but Sam Houston and NMSU with Liberty to C-USA is being said a done deal.

Comment

If that is true Sam decided to ignore their head FB coach preference on the matter.

Comment

Looks like SAM did not pay attention to their Coach. Madness.

SFA ACU Tarleton Lamar Commerce McNeese UIW could add a couple more Louisiana schools and start a conference called the Other Southland Conference..... Dixie State could come and they would not even have to change their name. D2 football and FCS football schools are looking at an uncertain future or they may share the same future.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
                          Not sure if already posted but Sam Houston and NMSU with Liberty to C-USA is being said a done deal.
                          Jacksonville State will be going too

Comment

Originally posted by texas observer View Post
                            Looks like SAM did not pay attention to their Coach. Madness.

SFA ACU Tarleton Lamar Commerce McNeese UIW could add a couple more Louisiana schools and start a conference called the Other Southland Conference..... Dixie State could come and they would not even have to change their name. D2 football and FCS football schools are looking at an uncertain future or they may share the same future.
                            There is a lot of internal strife going on within the Athletic Dept and their constituents at SHSU. It seems a minority is pushing it and from all indications have gotten an invitation. They have no idea how they are going to pay for FBS. Plus the students just voted down an attempt to raise the athletic fee. For its size SHSU has poor attendance for athletic events. This ought to be a roller coaster ride to being a door mat at the FBS level because you are woefully underfunded.

Comment

Folks in Lake Charles are saying that they got an invitation to join the WAC on Tuesday.

https://www.americanpress.com/2021/1...h-conferences/

Where does this leave TAMU Commerce? Especially if UIW departs as well. Crappy leadership of Southland Commissioner is glaring.

Comment

Folks in Lake Charles are saying that they got an invitation to join the WAC on Tuesday.

https://www.americanpress.com/2021/1...h-conferences/

Where does this leave TAMU Commerce? Especially if UIW departs as well. Crappy leadership of Southland Commissioner is glaring.
                                Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 11-04-2021, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X