Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Is this still True? TAMUCC played as a Provisional D1 from 1999-2004, Gained full D1 status as an independent in 2004, and then joined the Southland in 2006.
    they did not transition from another level. They started a new program
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

they did not transition from another level. They started a new program
      Understood but obviously Commerce is more advanced and set up with a recent football playoff tradition which TAMUCC has never had. It would suck rocks for a year or two finding opponents but I see no reason why they couldn't play a schedule of half FCS, half D2 as an FCS independent if the worst happens and the Southland folds.

Comment

Understood but obviously Commerce is more advanced and set up with a recent football playoff tradition which TAMUCC has never had. It would suck rocks for a year or two finding opponents but I see no reason why they couldn't play a schedule of half FCS, half D2 as an FCS independent if the worst happens and the Southland folds.
        Maybe I misunderstood your post.
        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Is this still True? TAMUCC played as a Provisional D1 from 1999-2004, Gained full D1 status as an independent in 2004, and then joined the Southland in 2006.
          The rules have changed since then. Schools cannot move to D1 without a conference invitation.

TAMUCC was also one of the last few to join D1 directly without being an NCAA member already; I think Utah Valley and Houston Baptist are the only ones who did it after.

Comment

Twitter is saying McNeese has turned down the WAC and will stay in Southland

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                Shades of OU and UT in Big 12.

Not the same at all. Ou and tu held all the power because they held all the money.

The only leverage mcneese has is that the slc is short on teams. Add teams and the problem is solved, mcneese can leave whenever once that's done.. This buys time.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Not the same at all. Ou and tu held all the power because they held all the money.

The only leverage mcneese has is that the slc is short on teams. Add teams and the problem is solved, mcneese can leave whenever once that's done.. This buys time.
                  The best thing that could come of all this is that the conference holds together long enough for the TAMUC to clear transition and move over with the rest of the Texas schools to the WAC. The only way they should consider staying is if suddenly some LSC schools move up or other D1 schools join. The latter is not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Adding all the teams bursting at the seams to join the SLC is a good strategy to stop growth.

Which teams, realistically, get added?

Comment

• McNeese got a sweetheart deal from the Southland. Gets to host all kinds of conference tourneys, plus will not have to pay an exit fee if they leave for FBS. Desperation!

McNeese sticks with Southland in move that will bring millions in for SW La. tourism - American Press | American Press

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Adding all the teams bursting at the seams to join the SLC is a good strategy to stop growth.

Saw the AD of McNeese on local TV here in SE Texas. He sounded like a cheap used car salesman of days gone by trying to sell the SLC. It was really pathetic. Of course, the pot was sweetened as he explained all the new found revenues headed to Lake Charles by way of McNeese strong arming the SLC. I just can't imagine why everyone wouldn't want to join a lame mule conference like the SLC. But, stranger things have happened and I have learned in life NEVER SAY NEVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Saw the AD of McNeese on local TV here in SE Texas. He sounded like a cheap used car salesman of days gone by trying to sell the SLC. It was really pathetic. Of course, the pot was sweetened as he explained all the new found revenues headed to Lake Charles by way of McNeese strong arming the SLC. I just can't imagine why everyone wouldn't want to join a lame mule conference like the SLC. But, stranger things have happened and I have learned in life NEVER SAY NEVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

There are other conferences nearby in similar situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionFan View Post

There are other conferences nearby in similar situation.

Comment

• You're probably right. I'll pass the word on to just forget it

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X