Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Not Southland but WAC news- the UTRGV vote on football passed!

Comment

• SWAC is definitely weaker than the Southland. There were rumors for a bit that the Southland was reaching out to Prairie View A&M for an invite.

Comment

• I 1000% agree with this. I for one am excited about SFA, Lamar, ACU, CAK, and SHSU being out of the way being an Islanders fan. The southland is definitely weaker but as you said its wide open in most sports. Islanders will right way be heavy favorites in tennis and volleyball and could now be closer to winning a few games on each side to steal an NCAA basketball bid. Lot easier without ACU and SFA there especially if your team is a 3 seed and below.

Comment

• Comment

• Yuck. Chicago State is the Simon Frazier of D1. I think they went several years in the WAC with zero conference wins. Thats definitely a desperation move by the southland.

Comment

• So that is the SLC being OFFENSIVE instead of defensive the McNeese AD was alluding to. LionFan knew along the schools would be Chicago State quality. You have to eat crow pie Purple Mav Man. The SLC is officially a dumpster fire.

And then there is this a NAIA formerly D1 School starting Football and UNO a SLC member can't. Lot of excitement up in Shreveport these days.

https://crescentcitysports.com/cente...e-bow-for-uno/

Maestri Field at Privateer Park is a capable facility by Southland Conference standards. Which are?

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

So that is the SLC being OFFENSIVE instead of defensive the McNeese AD was alluding to. LionFan knew along the schools would be Chicago State quality. You have to eat crow pie Purple Mav Man. The SLC is officially a dumpster fire.

And then there is this a NAIA formerly D1 School starting Football and UNO a SLC member can't. Lot of excitement up in Shreveport these days.

Maestri Field at Privateer Park is a capable facility by Southland Conference standards. Which are?
                  I thought that years ago one of the requirements for UNO was to add football. I know that Covid put a cork in a lot of things but they weren't trying to do that even before that hit. Centenary was the smallest school in D1 when they dropped to D3- I was surprised to hear that the Gentlemen were starting football.

Comment

• UIW to the WAC being reported.

Comment

• Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
                      UIW to the WAC being reported.
                      https://www.ktre.com/2021/11/12/inca...ence-join-wac/

Wow. WTH is going to happen to the Southland???

TAMUC move the Southland starting to look like a bad decision.

I am hearing there is still one invite that has not answered yet.
                      Last edited by ASUPops; 11-12-2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

https://www.ktre.com/2021/11/12/inca...ence-join-wac/

Wow. WTH is going to happen to the Southland???

TAMUC move (football wise) starting to look like a bad decision.
                        You think??? Apparently the Texas schools were or have been fed up with the broke Louisiana schools for some time. The WAC offered them a way out.

This is getting sketchier by the minute. The only REAL QUESTION left is can the SLC hold together long enough for TAMUC to clear transition?

The SLC is realistically one C-USA phone call away to McNeese from imploding.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I thought that years ago one of the requirements for UNO was to add football. I know that Covid put a cork in a lot of things but they weren't trying to do that even before that hit. Centenary was the smallest school in D1 when they dropped to D3- I was surprised to hear that the Gentlemen were starting football.
                          If I remember correctly, that was also a requirement when Cameron joined the Lone Star Conference, but we all see how that worked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
                            UIW to the WAC being reported.
                            Sure makes the FBS seem anything but elite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Sure makes the FBS seem anything but elite.
                              FBS or FCS?

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

So that is the SLC being OFFENSIVE instead of defensive the McNeese AD was alluding to. LionFan knew along the schools would be Chicago State quality. You have to eat crow pie Purple Mav Man. The SLC is officially a dumpster fire.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X