Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
    I thought SHSU just left the southland for the wac. Now they are leaving the wac for c-usa?

This is as good as keeping up with the kardashians.

Comment

The WAC is now an FCS football conference. Why would La Tech or UTEP want to drop from FBS to FCS? Did you perhaps mean the Sun Belt and not the WAC?
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

The WAC is now an FCS football conference. Why would La Tech or UTEP want to drop from FBS to FCS? Did you perhaps mean the Sun Belt and not the WAC?

Comment

I read an article last night about McNeese being interested in CUSA. Don't remember what newspaper site it was.

Comment

Comment

I think that was probably the long term intent of the Southland until the WAC offered dreams of FBS football and WT/ASU wanted to stay in the kiddie pool.

Comment

Why travel to AZ, CA, or LA for conference games against no-names?
                RECRUTING. Getting exposure beyond just Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

RECRUTING. Getting exposure beyond just Texas.
                  Yeah, I can see just a ton of football talent coming to Texas to play some FCS ball from LA, CA, and AZ.

Comment

Yeah, I can see just a ton of football talent coming to Texas to play some FCS ball from LA, CA, and AZ.
                    Actually there are some believe it or not

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Actually there are some believe it or not

Comment

What options exist outside of the spare PAC teams in Cali and Arizona, and a declining LSU program for a blue-chipper from those states who want to play Power Five football? The FBS schools in Texas and Oklahoma have no problems recruiting talent from those states.

Comment

Which is a moot point from a football standpoint since GCU doesn't sponsor football.

Comment

It would look like a gerrymandered mess, even more so than now. Also, I would be shocked if the WAC decides to go back to FBS. Do you really think that's going to end well for those teams when a potential FBS-based WAC gets crushed by the MWC?

Comment

Oh......OK Karen! 7070707

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

It would look like a gerrymandered mess, even more so than now. Also, I would be shocked if the WAC decides to go back to FBS. Do you really think that's going to end well for those teams when a potential FBS-based WAC gets crushed by the MWC?
                                I have no idea. But from all indications its full steam ahead to climb back to the FBS ranks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X