Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year of the pig

Well, we shall see how this all plays, but the Chinese Zodiac says this is The Year of the Pig.....!

Hope so. Softball team is off to Denver, in the final eight of D2 softball national championships. I saw them play in Houston early on, and noted then they had the possibility of not only being good, but could be a great team..., but, common sense said keep the trap shut, one never knows...! But they have evolved not only with great pitching, but excellent bats, great base running, and the ability to climb out of a hole time after time. Coaches Nicholson and Lewis are doing an excellent job. and, about 80% or so of the team are frosh, sophs, with a sprinkling of juniors thrown in, so going to be very competitive next couple of years...

As to NCAA Track and Field, looks, on paper, like an absolute shootout between the Hogs, the Rams and the Lions, with Lincoln right there with them. Buffs a factor, but not the depth IMO, we shall see. But, again, I recall couple of year back when Hogs were in running and our 26 1/2 foot long-jumper fouled on six straight attempts, and so there went another championship! (Do I recall that properly...?).

Anyway, hope the Year of the Pig extends on to FB and BB!

lantana

Re: Year of the pig

Originally posted by lantana View Post
    Well, we shall see how this all plays, but the Chinese Zodiac says this is The Year of the Pig.....!

Hope so. Softball team is off to Denver, in the final eight of D2 softball national championships. I saw them play in Houston early on, and noted then they had the possibility of not only being good, but could be a great team..., but, common sense said keep the trap shut, one never knows...! But they have evolved not only with great pitching, but excellent bats, great base running, and the ability to climb out of a hole time after time. Coaches Nicholson and Lewis are doing an excellent job. and, about 80% or so of the team are frosh, sophs, with a sprinkling of juniors thrown in, so going to be very competitive next couple of years...

As to NCAA Track and Field, looks, on paper, like an absolute shootout between the Hogs, the Rams and the Lions, with Lincoln right there with them. Buffs a factor, but not the depth IMO, we shall see. But, again, I recall couple of year back when Hogs were in running and our 26 1/2 foot long-jumper fouled on six straight attempts, and so there went another championship! (Do I recall that properly...?).

lantana
    Sorry to burst your bubble, I don't think the Chinese meant Javelinas since they are not related to the Pig....Peccaries (Javelinas) are not members of the rodent family or the pig family. Positive thinking anyhow...

Comment

Originally posted by KC75Marine View Post
      Sorry to burst your bubble, I don't think the Chinese meant Javelinas since they are not related to the Pig....Peccaries (Javelinas) are not members of the rodent family or the pig family. Positive thinking anyhow...
      Hey, it is not his fault; there is no Zoology program at TAMUK.

Comment

lantana
        Will this be the year the Arkansas Razorbacks have an exemplary season?

Comment

Originally posted by KC75Marine View Post
          INCORRECT Marine. The Peccary IS directly related to the Pig. Both are Suina. Only difference is Genus.

I LIVE for science!!!

Comment

ASUPops...you saved my day....! No wonder I majored in acct and not science....!

Pigs to all of us down here....!

Anyway, T and F going to be a battle between the Rams and Hogs...am going to Kingsville early Thursday morning to start with the decath, Angelo will be well represented...

lantana

Comment

ASUPops...you saved my day....! No wonder I majored in acct and not science....!

Anyway, T and F going to be a battle between the Rams and Hogs...am going to Kingsville early Thursday morning to start with the decath, Angelo will be well represented...

lantana
              Hahaha. Well, for me its biomedical science, physiology, and genetics.....amongst a few others. But, I also hold an MBA & N.D.....so kind of a "jack-of-all trades"....lol

It should be one heck of a battle!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                Hahaha. Well, for me its biomedical science, physiology, and genetics.....amongst a few others. But, I also hold an MBA & N.D.....so kind of a "jack-of-all trades"....lol

It should be one heck of a battle!!!!
                When I grow up, I want to be ASU Pops! LOL!

How many years did all of that take? And are you still at it?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

He may be still working on his BFD......

Comment

INCORRECT Marine. The Peccary IS directly related to the Pig. Both are Suina. Only difference is Genus.

I LIVE for science!!!
                    but is it a pig?? LOL

Comment

lantana
                      I've always wondered why it appears other programs don't put the emphasis on the multis like ASU does. If we perform like the seedings are done currently, ASU will pick up huge points in the multi (especially on the men's side) that could go a long way to determine who wins the whole thing. I guess it is just a difference of opinion and what you are good at. I believe Tom was a multi guy here at ASU when he was running so maybe that is it.

Comment

I LIVE for science!!!
                        So you're saying I can turn them into bacon?

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                          If you can turn a turkey into bacon, why the heck not?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

NO YOU DONT!!!

I really never stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                              Am I saying that?

Show me!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X