Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Threads For Everything

Why do people feel compelled to start a NEW THREAD for every single possible thing that comes to mind? (including me obviously)

Are we now like FAKE NEWS? Using "headlines" to grab attention?

I have ZERO expertise, but it would seem better if there were an ongoing thread for each institution....

WT Thread
    TAMUC Thread
    Angelo State Thread
    Etc....
    Etc....

Then ANYTHING having to do with your institution could be posted in that thread.

I tried doing ONE OT/Offseason Thread to address this issue. - "Off Season & OT Thread.....everything else".

But guess that might "steal attention" from those seeking it. 7070707
    Last edited by ASUPops; 05-22-2019, 10:08 AM.

Re: New Threads For Everything

Because, like normal conversations, they venture off into other topics anyway.

I used to want them to be all organized like you described. I have come to realize that is not how we communicate.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      Why do people feel compelled to start a NEW THREAD for every single possible thing that comes to mind? (including me obviously)

Are we now like FAKE NEWS? Using "headlines" to grab attention?

I have ZERO expertise, but it would seem better if there were an ongoing thread for each institution....

WT Thread
      TAMUC Thread
      Angelo State Thread
      Etc....
      Etc....

Then ANYTHING having to do with your institution could be posted in that thread.

I tried doing ONE OT/Offseason Thread to address this issue. - "Off Season & OT Thread.....everything else".

But guess that might "steal attention" from those seeking it. 7070707
      Thanks for this revelation, Pops.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        Because, like normal conversations, they venture off into other topics anyway.

I used to want them to be all organized like you described. I have come to realize that is not how we communicate.
        HA!! Just one glimpse in the Off Topic forum will cure anyone from that thinking. :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
          Thanks for this revelation, Pops.

You are very welcome my good Sir.

Comment

For those of you who are into podcasts, there are two that I think most people would find fascinating.
            The first, is one that is more geared to people in the healthcare industry but is called Dr. Death about a neurosurgeon in Dallas.
            The second is called Gladiator: Aaron Hernandez (the last episode gets a little political into CTE/football) but the rest is fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
              For those of you who are into podcasts, there are two that I think most people would find fascinating.
              The first, is one that is more geared to people in the healthcare industry but is called Dr. Death about a neurosurgeon in Dallas.
              The second is called Gladiator: Aaron Hernandez (the last episode gets a little political into CTE/football) but the rest is fascinating.
              Mike Rowe's "That's the Way I Heard It" is pretty great, too.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post
                Jon Bois from SBNation is pretty good...

Comment

Originally posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post
                  Found another one that is pretty interesting, its called Legal Wars. It is dramatized of course, but goes into some of the details of some of the highest notoriety cases in America.

Comment

Found another one that is pretty interesting, its called Legal Wars. It is dramatized of course, but goes into some of the details of some of the highest notoriety cases in America.
                    Well, definitely going to add that to the list.

Comment

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Ron Burgandy podcast.
                      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Dr Death is amazing.

Right now I'm listening to one about Mystery Science Theater. Yes, my nerd is showing.

Comment

One of the best ones that I have listened to in a long time is called "Last Seen." It is a true crime podcast about the still unsolved art theft that occurred in 1993 at the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum in Boston. Two guys went in there after hours, ties up two guards and made off with about 13 items that are currently valued at around $500,000,000. None of the items have been seen since. It has organized crime, as well as really quirky subjects.

The podcast is 10 episodes (about 30 to 45 minutes each) long. I thought it was very good. There has also been a lot written about this as well.

If you like true crime and mystery, this one is done really well.

Here is the link: https://www.wbur.org/lastseen

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                            Dr Death is amazing.

Right now I'm listening to one about Mystery Science Theater. Yes, my nerd is showing.
                            Working on my MBA with Healthcare Management currently, and we discussed this case in our legal course this past semester. That case is incredible both from a medical point of view but also from the hospital admin side and legal side of things. Definitely set a precedent going forward to that type of legal action.

Comment

Why is there a Texas tech thread in d2?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X