Clear All

• Texas Tech Amarillo lands Vet School

https://www.kcbd.com/2019/05/21/cons...hool-possible/

Re: Texas Tech Amarillo lands Vet School

*Yawn*

NEXT......

Comment

lol I'm sure A&M is concerned about Texas Tech-Amarillo getting all the kids they wanted. A&M vet only accepts like 36% of their applicants into vet school.

Comment

Tech Vet is going to be a huge coup for that part of the world. With the number of cattle ranchers (and ranchers in general) in the panhandle, New Mexico, Oklahoma, etc. the need for good vets is going up. While it may not hurt Texas A&M initially, I could see that it might draw some students that would originally apply to A&M. I think this is good for all parties. I know for ASU students who want to go that route, there aren't a ton of options are that are close in proximity to their location and having one in Amarillo will be a nice addition.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
          lol I'm sure A&M is concerned about Texas Tech-Amarillo getting all the kids they wanted. A&M vet only accepts like 36% of their applicants into vet school.
          You missed the point completely. It's not about the welfare of Texas A&M, it's about the welfare of the state of Texas and the supply and demand of those who are in desperate need. This same arrogance was played out in El Paso when UT decided that there was no need for a Medical School there. UTEP could only sit idly by while Texas Tech established a Medical School there. By A&M NOT establishing smaller Vet Schools around the state they opened the door and Tech walked through.

This arrogance isn't anything NEW to A&M. The only reason Tarleton is part of the A&M system was because the state was going to establish West Texas A&M in Sweetwater so those folks in the area would have a school. After initially rejecting Tarleton, the folks at College Station decided it would be a great idea to have Tarleton in the system and there wouldn't be a need for the Sweetwater school. The point is IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT YOU!!!!

If I was an alum of WT, Tarleton or TAMUK I would be very disappointed and to some extent Commerce also. Those millions of dollars that could have went to these schools is now going straight into the coffers of Texas Tech.

Comment

where did it land?

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
              You missed the point completely. It's not about the welfare of Texas A&M, it's about the welfare of the state of Texas and the supply and demand of those who are in desperate need. This same arrogance was played out in El Paso when UT decided that there was no need for a Medical School there. UTEP could only sit idly by while Texas Tech established a Medical School there. By A&M NOT establishing smaller Vet Schools around the state they opened the door and Tech walked through.

This arrogance isn't anything NEW to A&M. The only reason Tarleton is part of the A&M system was because the state was going to establish West Texas A&M in Sweetwater so those folks in the area would have a school. After initially rejecting Tarleton, the folks at College Station decided it would be a great idea to have Tarleton in the system and there wouldn't be a need for the Sweetwater school. The point is IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT YOU!!!!

If I was an alum of WT, Tarleton or TAMUK I would be very disappointed and to some extent Commerce also. Those millions of dollars that could have went to these schools is now going straight into the coffers of Texas Tech.
              How does something benefiting Texas Tech disappoint WT, Tarleton, or TAMUK? Friend of mine in Hereford says WT is spending masses of cash of new Ag and Vet buildings and programs. The more the merrier. Plenty of education to go 'round.

Some of your posts are starting to run a pretty good bit off the rails. Such as posting a bunch of garbage about vet schools in a D2 football forum. Have you had a med check lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                How does something benefiting Texas Tech disappoint WT, Tarleton, or TAMUK? Friend of mine in Hereford says WT is spending masses of cash of new Ag and Vet buildings and programs. The more the merrier. Plenty of education to go 'round.

Some of your posts are starting to run a pretty good bit off the rails. Such as posting a bunch of garbage about vet schools in a D2 football forum. Have you had a med check lately?

Comment

Good stuff wrong website.

Go to www.whogivestwofarts.com

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X