Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-season talk

Spring sports have wrapped, I think its time to turn the page to looking at the fall and the return of football. I pasted Lindy's top 25 below. What do you think? What do you know about the program you follow? Who is going to surprise? Who is going to disappoint. It is only about 7 weeks until teams traditionally report for practice.

Lindy's Sports Preseason Top 25
    1. West Florida
    2. Lenoir-Rhyne
    3. Ferris State
    4. Minnesota State
    5. Slippery Rock
    6. Northwest Missouri State
    7. A&M-Commerce
    8. Valdosta State
    9. Colorado School of Mines
    10. Notre Dame (Ohio)
    11. Ouachita Baptist
    12. Colorado State-Pueblo
    13. Tiffin
    14. Indianapolis
    15. Bowie State
    16. Shepherd
    17. Lindenwood
    18. Grand Valley State
    19. Harding
    20. Indiana (Pa.)
    21. Tusculum
    22. Wingate
    23. Augustana
    24. Central Missouri
    25. Virginia Union

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict at LEAST 23 of the 25 teams above will NOT be playing in the National Championship Game.

Comment

Slippery Rock and Colorado Mines are not top 10 schools.

Comment

Neither are we, at least since Carthel left.

I'm hoping we can beat Angelo this year so we can finish second to Commerce.

Comment

Comment

Time for Commerce to move up. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
              Neither are we, at least since Carthel left.

I'm hoping we can beat Angelo this year so we can finish second to Commerce.
              Yeah its time for some playoff appearances now that Tarleton has moved up. Even if its a 7 seed getting trounced by Minnesota State.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah its time for some playoff appearances now that Tarleton has moved up. Even if its a 7 seed getting trounced by Minnesota State.
                Why do you act like Tarleton was some major D2 force? LOL707 They had what, 2 good years? The FORCE in the LSC is Commerce and they have been since Carthel took over.

And as far as WT. It is sh!t or get off the pot time for Hughes. Unless WT is OK with football mediocrity.

Comment

As far as Angelo State. I am not exactly sure what to expect. They are tough in the trenches. Defense has gotten so much better than past teams.

Girsch's first year as HC and he posted an 8-3 record. Then the COVID year. So this will be his 2nd regular season as HC. Thus far, he proved he can win in just his first year.

The offense, other than the trenches, is a mystery to me. With that said, I venture to say defense and special teams, and ball control will be what wins games for the Rams.

I think I'm more curious to see where the Rams are verse any other LSC team. Also curious to see were UTPB winds up. Their coach made it clear that he is coming for Hughes this season. Should be a fun year.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Why do you act like Tarleton was some major D2 force? LOL707 They had what, 2 good years? The FORCE in the LSC is Commerce and they have been since Carthel took over.

And as far as WT. It is sh!t or get off the pot time for Hughes. Unless WT is OK with football mediocrity.
                    Well Tarleton smashed both WT and ASU every year since 2016 and most likely would have smashed them the last two years so yeah its an advantage to have them out of the LSC.

Completely 100% agree with your last point. Its make or break for WT especially since most of their tough games are at home.

Comment

Well Tarleton smashed both WT and ASU every year since 2016 and most likely would have smashed them the last two years so yeah its an advantage to have them out of the LSC.

Completely 100% agree with your last point. Its make or break for WT especially since most of their tough games are at home.
                      In 2016 Tarleton was 5-6 and WT beat them.

In 2017 Tarleton was 6-6 and WT did lose.

2018 Tarleton was 12-1

2019 Tarleton was 11-1 (last year in LSC)

Like I said, only two good years and that was because 2018 & 2019 they recruited very well due to the fact they were moving up to FCS.

They were nowhere near being the known LSC Powerhouse. No deep playoff runs or natty appearances.

COVID Season (spring 21) they were 5-3. LMAO. What a POWERHOUSE! hahaha.

Comment

In 2016 Tarleton was 5-6 and WT beat them.

In 2017 Tarleton was 6-6 and WT did lose.

2018 Tarleton was 12-1

2019 Tarleton was 11-1 (last year in LSC)

Like I said, only two good years and that was because 2018 & 2019 they recruited very well due to the fact they were moving up to FCS.

They were nowhere near being the known LSC Powerhouse. No deep playoff runs or natty appearances.

COVID Season (spring 21) they were 5-3. LMAO. What a POWERHOUSE! hahaha.
                        Tarleton beat New Mexico State and Dixie State. What more proof do you need that they are a D1 POWERHOUSE?

Comment

I'm pretty confident WT will defeat the NAIA teams!

Comment

As far as Angelo State. I am not exactly sure what to expect. They are tough in the trenches. Defense has gotten so much better than past teams.

Girsch's first year as HC and he posted an 8-3 record. Then the COVID year. So this will be his 2nd regular season as HC. Thus far, he proved he can win in just his first year.

The offense, other than the trenches, is a mystery to me. With that said, I venture to say defense and special teams, and ball control will be what wins games for the Rams.

I think I'm more curious to see where the Rams are verse any other LSC team. Also curious to see were UTPB winds up. Their coach made it clear that he is coming for Hughes this season. Should be a fun year.
                            Why?? What am I missing?
                            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Kind of sad that LSC only has ONE top 25 team. Preseason rankings have some merit I guess.

UTPB seems to be steadily improving and their HC is positive they will be competing for a playoff spot since they toppled MW during Covid.

WT and Angelo should be in the mix as well. I wonder if WT fans will be ok if they miss the playoffs again. To this point tbh I have not been impressed with Hughes. But, to his credit there has been a slow gradual improvement.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X