Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Javelina Stadium Storm Damage

I'll take a bright future over a golden past.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
      I'll take a bright future over a golden past.
      Definitely, Just make sure that the name Tarleton stays with your university so you don't have to cross that bridge.

Comment

The thing is the name change didn't really have an impact on the football program even with some of the reliable Alums withholding or drastically reducing their contributions after the change. I mean as late as the late 2000's going into the early 2000 teens, we were a regulars in the playoffs and eventually losing to the would be national champs on a few occasions in the semis. I think what has hurt is the lack of attention to the facilities and the fact kids have been given the power to pick schools who offer bling and no one in college sports world is on the path to stop it . Social media has put this into overdrive of course. Now there were some voices in and out of the program in the mid 2000's who very much saying we need to drive the locomotive to maintain our status in the LSC and D2 , but they were ignored and the common refrain was no school at our level could match the NFL drawing power we HAD and it would overcome all this window dressing stuff. And seriously to this day you still have some people thinking along those lines despite the fact we haven't had a player drafted in decade and some change or longer as witnessed by not having one active former Javelina on an NFL roster. Now we are very much stuck on the caboose trying to play catch up.

Comment

Any updates on whether or not the damaged press box will be replaced or if the repair will become part of some other larger capital budget project>

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
            Any updates on whether or not the damaged press box will be replaced or if the repair will become part of some other larger capital budget project>
            Haven't heard a peep. And really I am starting to think it's wishful thinking anything will ever get done with our stadium other than the toilet paper and paper towels being restocked in the restrooms that were built so far away from the stadium, most people don't even bother using them. We just need to accept the fact it's not going to happen anytime soon if at all.

Comment

Saw two comprehensive A & M System budgets on-line, not sure which one is accurate since they are different dates..., but each shows five-year budgets for each of the 11 or so schools in the System...

If I recall, the most recent shows Kingsville getting some amount of athletic facility $$$ in 2020, 2021, but the bulk of big $$$ shows being expended in 2023, the last year of the five year period. Generally, when everything is jammed into the longest out year (2023), it is just "filler", or a placeholder.

However, a System-wide budget dated Jan 2018 is more interesting, for Kingsville. It shows three line items for 2020, and three for 2021, various labeled: "Athletic and Intramural Support Building", "Athletic Campaign Building", "Kinesthetic Studies Facility", "NCAA Women's soccer Fields and Field House", "Athletic Venue Improvements", and "Health and Rec Renovation". All of these aggregate $55.7 million.

Most likely submitted when Dr. T. was there.... wonder what the current thinking/status is..., and if this budget was ever seriously discussed.

lantana

T

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X