Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTPB GETS FBS QB TRANSFER

QB Suddin Sapien transfers from UTSA to UTPB.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mrt...l-16296689.php

I think this is a HUGE grab for UTPB. This guy was a beast at Midland. I think he might make his name known in the LSC and DII.

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    QB Suddin Sapien transfers from UTSA to UTPB.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mrt...l-16296689.php

I think this is a HUGE grab for UTPB. This guy was a beast at Midland. I think he might make his name known in the LSC and DII.
    Why did he wash out at UTSA if he was such a beast at Midland HS? Just curious. Not being derogatory.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Why did he wash out at UTSA if he was such a beast at Midland HS? Just curious. Not being derogatory.
      Didn't "wash out" at all. Talked with UTSA contact. They are very upset. He wanted to be closer to home for personal reasons. And don't believe me about him being a beast, lolol.....he was MaxPreps Player of the Year. Enough said.

Comment

Didn't "wash out" at all. Talked with UTSA contact. They are very upset. He wanted to be closer to home for personal reasons. And don't believe me about him being a beast, lolol.....he was MaxPreps Player of the Year. Enough said.
        Sounds like he could be as good as ZADOCK DINKLEMANN!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Sounds like he could be as good as ZADOCK DINKLEMANN!
          Don't know about Dinkwhateva....

But Sapien was MaxPreps POY. I mean.......

I saw this young man play. He is a beast. He will run over a Mike and has a laser.

You tell me what you think.....

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6327979...d6a412d8834222

TRY to take your maroon glasses off while you watch....HAHAHA

Comment

I saw this young man play. He is a beast. He will run over a Mike and has a laser.

I just watched the video of the Transfer QB and was extremely impressed. Pops is spot on he has size and a great arm as well as accuracy. Saw some touch passes in there as well. If he doesn't get injured Peanut Butter just got off the charts better. This guy is a playmaker. Not going to be fun for opposing Defenses.

Comment

Comment

Dinklemann is the Kingsville QB. Both are blessed with very unusual names.

Yes, Sapien looks very impressive. Strong arm, but can throw touch passes. He can run. All good things.

Comment

I wondered what the backstory was. That still seems very odd. I wonder if there might be more to the backstory than your USTA contact either didn't know or wouldn't tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I wondered what the backstory was. That still seems very odd. I wonder if there might be more to the backstory than your USTA contact either didn't know or wouldn't tell you.
                    Don't think it really matters. He passed up some great offers when he went to UTSA just to stay in TEXAS. It's a GREAT grab by UTPB of a outstanding young man, with great character, intelligence, and the MaxPro POY. How much better can you get?

Personally, I am happy for UTPB and the young man.. I wish them both the best.

Comment

Don't think it really matters. He passed up some great offers when he went to UTSA just to stay in TEXAS. It's a GREAT grab by UTPB of a outstanding young man, with great character, intelligence, and the MaxPro POY. How much better can you get?

Well, yeah, of course. Still seems odd.

Comment

So, with this turn of events UTPB getting the 3 star QB does this change your mind where they will finish in the conference this fall?

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

So, with this turn of events UTPB getting the 3 star QB does this change your mind where they will finish in the conference this fall?
                          Preseason polls are usually worthless. Take a look at the final standings in May and see what you come up with. Odds are they will do the same.

Click on the CONFERENCE column and scroll down.

https://www.versussportssimulator.com/D2/rankings

Comment

Looks like more of a reason and incentive for WT to not overlook them the first conference game of the season,

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I'm not sure Tech.

As I mentioned in another post, I expect UTPB to surprise some folks with their progress....and maybe even pull an upset this season.

But what do I know.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X