Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Division II Directors' Cup Standings

https://gobuffsgo.com/documents/2019...ll.pdf?id=6586

WTAMU finishes 3rd for the second year in a row!

Way to go Buffs and Lady Buffs!!!

Re: Final Division II Directors' Cup Standings

Impressive. ASU finished 17th, which I believe is the highest they have been in a while. While it is a good tool to see how the overall athletics department is functioning, I don't put a ton of stock into it due to the amount of sports that are included that the majority of our conference foes don't support. You can count up to 15 sports. ASU sponsors 12. And while that may not sound like a huge difference, Grand Valley (who won it again) score points in Men's golf and Men's Tennis. The LSC had 3 schools in the top 25 (WTAMU,3; ASU, 17; TAMUC, 22)

Comment

I was told that the individual sports are more important. Each individual championship in T&F, swimming, wrestling, etc. count as points toward the Cup along with the team championships. I think that is why Grand Valley is so dominant.

I think it is a measuring stick for each program. I said before, and was roundly booed, that I think it is nothing more than your AD's report card!

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
        Impressive. ASU finished 17th, which I believe is the highest they have been in a while. While it is a good tool to see how the overall athletics department is functioning, I don't put a ton of stock into it due to the amount of sports that are included that the majority of our conference foes don't support. You can count up to 15 sports. ASU sponsors 12. And while that may not sound like a huge difference, Grand Valley (who won it again) score points in Men's golf and Men's Tennis. The LSC had 3 schools in the top 25 (WTAMU,3; ASU, 17; TAMUC, 22)
        Simon Frazier finished 15.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
          I was told that the individual sports are more important. Each individual championship in T&F, swimming, wrestling, etc. count as points toward the Cup along with the team championships. I think that is why Grand Valley is so dominant.

I think it is a measuring stick for each program. I said before, and was roundly booed, that I think it is nothing more than your AD's report card!
          That's not exactly accurate. Although your team is helped by winning individual championships, you don't get additional points for individual championships in those sports.
          A track team for instance could have four individual national championships but that's all and finish seventh in the team standings with 40 points while another team could have five runners-up for 40 points and finish tied with them for 7th. For the Director's Cup they would add the points for 7th and 8th together and divide by the two to give each program the same scores in the Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
            That's not exactly accurate. Although your team is helped by winning individual championships, you don't get additional points for individual championships in those sports.
            A track team for instance could have four individual national championships but that's all and finish seventh in the team standings with 40 points while another team could have five runners-up for 40 points and finish tied with them for 7th. For the Director's Cup they would add the points for 7th and 8th together and divide by the two to give each program the same scores in the Cup.
            Thanks! I got that information from an individual that I assumed he knew what he was talking about. I guess I should have known better!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X