Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I'm guessing they probably don't want it out on the message board.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
      Yeah I'm guessing they probably don't want it out on the message board.
      Bailiff made it public in an interview with Dave Campbell after media day, so no reason not to discuss it here now.

Comment

Something to note, which GNAC teams all will play too. I know Angelo State and Midwestern State get the honor of traveling to Ellensburg, while Eastern New Mexico and Western New Mexico host CWU. I haven't checked all schedules to see how the scheduling alliance shapes up for scheduling. For CWU it seems they get their harder games at home based on that poll.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Bailiff made it public in an interview with Dave Campbell after media day, so no reason not to discuss it here now.
          Just know what I was told.

Doesn't make a difference to me.

Comment

can anyone give me an honest analysis of what has happened/is happening in wichita falls? i've been away for the past couple football seasons so its been hard to keep track. But its hard to imagine the state of the program is at number 5. Granted when we were running the roost we were still getting picked to finish 3rd and 4th but still.

Comment

Originally posted by 55mustang View Post
              can anyone give me an honest analysis of what has happened/is happening in wichita falls? i've been away for the past couple football seasons so its been hard to keep track. But its hard to imagine the state of the program is at number 5. Granted when we were running the roost we were still getting picked to finish 3rd and 4th but still.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2021/7/26...ason-poll.aspx

About what I expected except UTPB received 5 first place votes.

1. Texas A&M-Commerce (15)
                2. Angelo State (2)
                3. West Texas A&M (1)
                4. University Texas-Permian Basin (5)
                5. Midwestern State
                6. Eastern New Mexico
                7.Texas A&M-Kingsville
                8. Western New Mexico
                I'm ready for next Saturday! Should be a showdown!!
                * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

I'm ready for next Saturday! Should be a showdown!!
                  If UWF is as good as some are saying this won't be a close game in my opinion... maybe if Smalls is back for Commerce but otherwise I just don't see that Commerce offense being able to keep up with UWF.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

If UWF is as good as some are saying this won't be a close game in my opinion... maybe if Smalls is back for Commerce but otherwise I just don't see that Commerce offense being able to keep up with UWF.
                    I think McNeese State respects them more now.

https://www.startribune.com/division...-36/600094027/

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Unfortunately, I think you are 100% correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Unfortunately, I think you are 100% correct.
                        Will definitely be a tough game, uwf is really, really good. But in terms of regional rankings, that pueblo win is more important. That was a huge win.

Comment

Will definitely be a tough game, uwf is really, really good. But in terms of regional rankings, that pueblo win is more important. That was a huge win.
                          As long as Commerce makes a better showing than Duncanville did on the national stage.

Comment

Ill feel a little better about going into the UWF game if Lions offense can put some substantial numbers up against MSU. The Mustangs allowed over 500 yds last week to Quincy. Regardless though, the Commerce defense will be the key to the UWF game. Limit the run, limit stupid penalties, and get an interception or 3 and it might be a close game.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Ill feel a little better about going into the UWF game if Lions offense can put some substantial numbers up against MSU. The Mustangs allowed over 500 yds last week to Quincy. Regardless though, the Commerce defense will be the key to the UWF game. Limit the run, limit stupid penalties, and get an interception or 3 and it might be a close game.
                              I think the CSU-P - GVSU game will be just as telling. UWF deserves credit for being defending champs, and taking down a D1 opponent. But the RMAC columnist noted CSU-P has a very decorated offensive line, and the Lion D Line made them look bad. Are they overrated, 1st game jitters or is the Lion D Line that elite? If Pueblo puts up points all over a blue blood then the Lions start looking pretty scary on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post

I think the CSU-P - GVSU game will be just as telling. UWF deserves credit for being defending champs, and taking down a D1 opponent. But the RMAC columnist noted CSU-P has a very decorated offensive line, and the Lion D Line made them look bad. Are they overrated, 1st game jitters or is the Lion D Line that elite? If Pueblo puts up points all over a blue blood then the Lions start looking pretty scary on their own.
                                Yeah unfortunately there was little to learn from playing in the 40 mph wind at Pueblo except that our run defense and pass rush are pretty good.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X