Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I get your point but ACU and IW weren't exactly LSC playoff power houses when they made their jump. Omaha dropped theirs and concentrated on basketball.
    UIW/ACU & WT are not apples to apples. The first two are private universities. UIW's plan from day one of its new football program was to go to D1 within 5 years. They had no intentions on doing anything else. That was the deal when Tom Benson funded the program & stadium.

WT fans/Alum have been talking about moving to D1 or another conference for the 13 years I have followed D2. CAN THEY PLEASE MOVE ALREADY?? LMAO.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Fred View Post

If they do move on from Hughes, they need someone else in charge of the hiring. McBroom has proven he is completely uncapable of hiring and handing football coaches.

Stupid posts like this always amuse me. They sure do seem to win a bunch of championships in all the other sports for someone who doesn't know what they are doing. Who would you put forth to make the football hiring decisions from this point on?

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

UIW/ACU & WT are not apples to apples. The first two are private universities. UIW's plan from day one of its new football program was to go to D1 within 5 years. They had no intentions on doing anything else. That was the deal when Tom Benson funded the program & stadium.

WT fans/Alum have been talking about moving to D1 or another conference for the 13 years I have followed D2. CAN THEY PLEASE MOVE ALREADY?? LMAO.

Might be a few fans that want to move. Not sure WT has ever mentioned such. I don't keep up with it a lot. Maybe I need correction on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Might be a few fans that want to move. Not sure WT has ever mentioned such. I don't keep up with it a lot. Maybe I need correction on this.
            I think the discussion is because we don't want to see WT left behind if several LSC schools leave for the Southland or WAC and the LSC folds. For me it would be hard to get fired up to see them play Adams St., Black Hills, South Dakota Mines, etc.

If the LSC stays intact and can even poach Pueblo, Central Oklahoma, etc. then I would be down for the status quo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I think the discussion is because we don't want to see WT left behind if several LSC schools leave for the Southland or WAC and the LSC folds. For me it would be hard to get fired up to see them play Adams St., Black Hills, South Dakota Mines, etc.

If the LSC stays intact and can even poach Pueblo, Central Oklahoma, etc. then I would be down for the status quo.

Comment

• Season ticket holders in sections 206 to 210 have access to the club. As with anything the higher profile games create the most traffic. There is a pregame buffet and beer is for sale. (if you call Bud beer) There are also 4 flat-screen TV's to watch the game. As the weather gets colder more people stay in the club. With the flow of people, it would be hard to say how many use the club.
                For set down events (press conferences etc.) the club will easily hold 150 people.
                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Stupid posts like this always amuse me. They sure do seem to win a bunch of championships in all the other sports for someone who doesn't know what they are doing. Who would you put forth to make the football hiring decisions from this point on?
                  Your right it is stupid to think anyone other than the AD would lead the search for a new football coach. I will admit McBroom has done a good job with all the other sports where there is little to no pressure. What he has done with the University's most visible program over the last 15 years has been a dumpster fire at best. I have no faith in him that he will get it right this time. I guess 4th time is the charm right??

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred View Post

Your right it is stupid to think anyone other than the AD would lead the search for a new football coach. I will admit McBroom has done a good job with all the other sports where there is little to no pressure. What he has done with the University's most visible program over the last 15 years has been a dumpster fire at best. I have no faith in him that he will get it right this time. I guess 4th time is the charm right??
                    I'm not sure football is the most visible program, I'm sure Brown, Prock, and Mook will be glad to know there is no pressure to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I'm not sure football is the most visible program, I'm sure Brown, Prock, and Mook will be glad to know there is no pressure to win.
                      Football used to be and should be the most visible. I only care about 2 sports, football and softball. I did not even know WT had a softball program until I met some of the players at the football games. I'm really glad I did, and have followed softball very closely since.

Everyone knows Northwest Missouri fields great football teams annually. How do their other sports fare? I don't know or care.

The previous AD hired Don Carthel and Kevin Blaskowski. Love them or hate them, they were both very successful. Carthel won 10 games in his first year, after years of sub .500 play.. Blaskowski resurrected a dormant program and won many playoff games and a natty. Both hold the record for most WT wins in their respective sports.

McBroom made his buddy Nesbitt head football coach; he was a major flop. Hughes is 21-20 so far, but at least we have an on-campus stadium, thanks to fleecing the students. Club level? Who cares? I want to see some quality football.

McBroom understandably named Abrams his interim softball coach but later made it official, she wasn't bad record wise but the players hated her. You could tell they couldn't wait for the seasons to end. Thankfully Michael Mook is a fantastic hire.

I'm happy most of you guys enjoy the other sports, but I don't.

Comment

• FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL.

Enough said!

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Football used to be and should be the most visible. I only care about 2 sports, football and softball. I did not even know WT had a softball program until I met some of the players at the football games. I'm really glad I did, and have followed softball very closely since.

Everyone knows Northwest Missouri fields great football teams annually. How do their other sports fare? I don't know or care.

The previous AD hired Don Carthel and Kevin Blaskowski. Love them or hate them, they were both very successful. Carthel won 10 games in his first year, after years of sub .500 play.. Blaskowski resurrected a dormant program and won many playoff games and a natty. Both hold the record for most WT wins in their respective sports.

McBroom made his buddy Nesbitt head football coach; he was a major flop. Hughes is 21-20 so far, but at least we have an on-campus stadium, thanks to fleecing the students. Club level? Who cares? I want to see some quality football.

McBroom understandably named Abrams his interim softball coach but later made it official, she wasn't bad record-wise but the players hated her. You could tell they couldn't wait for the seasons to end. Thankfully Michael Mook is a fantastic hire.

McBroom was backed into a corner with the hiring of Nesbitt and Patel. Both took over for coaches that left mid-season. McBroom had no choice. When Hughes was named HC for the football program expectations were high. Those expectations have not been met or even approached. I do not know who the other candidates for the position were. If I remember correctly Hughes was not the first choice. The first choice wanted a long-term contract. I don't think anyone at Wt, as a D2 school, has ever had more than a one-year contract. IMHO, if Hughes does not return there will be no shortage of high-quality applicants.

You are missing out by not supporting other sports. Just like the girls on the softball team, VB and WBB have quality athletes on and off the court. One of the basketball girls is working part-time for me till the season starts. You should go to some of the WBB practices and meet the Coach and players, you will be glad you did.

Comment

McBroom was backed into a corner with the hiring of Nesbitt and Patel. Both took over for coaches that left mid-season. McBroom had no choice. When Hughes was named HC for the football program expectations were high. Those expectations have not been met or even approached. I do not know who the other candidates for the position were. If I remember correctly Hughes was not the first choice. The first choice wanted a long-term contract. I don't think anyone at Wt, as a D2 school, has ever had more than a one-year contract. IMHO, if Hughes does not return there will be no shortage of high-quality applicants.

You are missing out by not supporting other sports. Just like the girls on the softball team, VB and WBB have quality athletes on and off the court. One of the basketball girls is working part-time for me till the season starts. You should go to some of the WBB practices and meet the Coach and players, you will be glad you did.
                              You are correct. I believe Tremaine Jackson the defensive coordinator from Sioux Falls was the first choice. Turned out to be a horrible decision since he went on the be ACU's defensive coordinator and now is the head coach of D2 Colorado Mesa.
                              Last edited by Buffalo/Islander Alum; 09-14-2021, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

McBroom understandably named Abrams his interim softball coach but later made it official, she wasn't bad record wise but the players hated her. You could tell they couldn't wait for the seasons to end. Thankfully Michael Mook is a fantastic hire.

Good thing that schools like Gonzaga can get by on basketball and baseball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X