Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    How can the football team have only 1 QB on the roster? Did Wendler banish the rest to junior colleges?

https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/footbal...?sort=position
    WT has signed 4 freshmen QBs for the fall and have either signed and not announced a QB transfer as well as having several portal QB offers out there. There will be plenty of competition for QB this fall. Too bad the Culwell kid transferred before Lynn got a real chance to talk to him. He would've had a great shot at being the QB this fall. He'll be completely starting over at Central Missouri.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

WT has signed 4 freshmen QBs for the fall and have either signed and not announced a QB transfer as well as having several portal QB offers out there. There will be plenty of competition for QB this fall. Too bad the Culwell kid transferred before Lynn got a real chance to talk to him. He would've had a great shot at being the QB this fall. He'll be completely starting over at Central Missouri.
      It would be preferable not to start a freshman. If we could get a transfer comparable to Gerber, that would be wonderful.

Taking 10 days to fire Hughes gave the impression he would be back next year. Thankfully some good players like Bogardus withdrew from the portal when Lynn was hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

It would be preferable not to start a freshman. If we could get a transfer comparable to Gerber, that would be wonderful.

Taking 10 days to fire Hughes gave the impression he would be back next year. Thankfully some good players like Bogardus withdrew from the portal when Lynn was hired.
        Here are some more offers since signing day:

Charlie Leota 6'3 330 NG NMMI
        Aisea Hahina 6'2 235 LB/Edge NMMI
        Miles Cannon 6'3 250 DL College of San Mateo, CA
        Mario Keanon 6'3 270 DL Sacramento Juco
        Weston Eget 6'3 205 QB NM State
        Clifton McDowell 6'3 220 QB Central Arkansas

Commit:
        Tycen Williams 5'11 185 S/RB All-State

So, as you can see, lot's of recruiting going on. These are a few found on Twitter that have announced WT offers..

Transfers don't have to be announced till the final roster; 10 days after 1st day of classes.
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-02-2023, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Here are some more offers since signing day:

Charlie Leota 6'3 330 NG NMMI
          Aisea Hahina 6'2 235 LB/Edge NMMI
          Miles Cannon 6'3 250 DL College of San Mateo, CA
          Mario Keanon 6'3 270 DL Sacramento Juco
          Weston Eget 6'3 205 QB NM State
          Clifton McDowell 6'3 220 QB Central Arkansas

Commit:
          Tycen Williams 5'11 185 S/RB All-State

So, as you can see, lot's of recruiting going on. These are a few found on Twitter that have announced WT offers..

Transfers don't have to be announced till the final roster; 10 days after 1st day of classes.
          Clifton McDowell just committed to Southern University,
          Eget looks to have a lot of FCS offers, he might be a long shot for WT.

Comment

• I saw where they offered QB Blake Short from SFA

Comment

From a player's parent, I heard that there is a potentially very good transfer QB already signed.

Comment

• I follow what UTPB, ENMU and WT are doing on twitter. I think its interesting. It seems to me that UTPB and ENMU are dropping offers to a lot of kids in the portal. UTPB is getting a bunch of them, ENMU not so much. It makes me wonder how UTPB is paying for all these kids. It seems WT is being a little more selective and really competing with a lot of the FCS schools. It seems like WT is in the market for, QB,OL, DT

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred View Post
                  I follow what UTPB, ENMU and WT are doing on twitter. I think its interesting. It seems to me that UTPB and ENMU are dropping offers to a lot of kids in the portal. UTPB is getting a bunch of them, ENMU not so much. It makes me wonder how UTPB is paying for all these kids. It seems WT is being a little more selective and really competing with a lot of the FCS schools. It seems like WT is in the market for, QB,OL, DT
                  Well last I check UTPB is close to if not fully funded and ENMU might be a fraction of that?

Part of it might be the drastically differences in offensive strategy that UTPB and ENMU will run so ENMU may not get the enthusiastic QB and WR commits that UTPB might get.

WT may be in the market for anybody with special skills set that they can get their hands on given the time they wasted firing Hughes waiting for weeks instead of seconds.

Comment

• I know a number of Transfer QBs & players in general that have reached out to Lynn and staff. Almost all of them got no reply from anyone on the new staff.
                    these aren’t fringe players either, most of them D2, FCS and a hand full of FBS guys.

Makes me wonder if Lynn & Co. just need to check their emails/DMs to find the right guys with the time they have left.

UTPB is fully funded (36) last I’ve heard.

Comment

• Yes UTPB is 36 full. I am surprised to see UTPB #1 in transfer portal rankings. They are doing an incredible job in recruiting. I have not seen WT or any of the LSC really having success in the portal. Anyone hearing anything differently?

Comment

• Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
                        I know a number of Transfer QBs & players in general that have reached out to Lynn and staff. Almost all of them got no reply from anyone on the new staff.
                        these aren’t fringe players either, most of them D2, FCS and a hand full of FBS guys.

Makes me wonder if Lynn & Co. just need to check their emails/DMs to find the right guys with the time they have left.

UTPB is fully funded (36) last I’ve heard.
                        I hope some of the members of this board who live in the Canyon area will check with Lynn to see what the issue is. We definitely need good players!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred View Post
                          I saw where they offered QB Blake Short from SFA
                          Blake Short just committed to CSU-Pueblo, it seems WT is just barely missing out on the guys they want. Perhaps being too picky? Or maybe they aren’t offering full rides for the guys who think they deserve one.

Comment

• Originally posted by QB11111 View Post

Blake Short just committed to CSU-Pueblo, it seems WT is just barely missing out on the guys they want. Perhaps being too picky? Or maybe they aren’t offering full rides for the guys who think they deserve one.
                            Even in WT's playoff runs only 1 or 2 guys at most ever got a "full ride".

They were always topped off with athletic scholarships of some kind.

If the rumors are true and the scholarships have been reduced from 36 to 27 then there is no way in hades any guy short of a 5 star can't miss Joe Burrow will get a full ride at WT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Even in WT's playoff runs only 1 or 2 guys at most ever got a "full ride".

They were always topped off with athletic scholarships of some kind.

If the rumors are true and the scholarships have been reduced from 36 to 27 then there is no way in hades any guy short of a 5 star can't miss Joe Burrow will get a full ride at WT.
                              WT scholarships are fully funded. They have 36. This confirmed by our AD.

Comment

• Originally posted by UTPBFalcons1 View Post
                                Yes UTPB is 36 full. I am surprised to see UTPB #1 in transfer portal rankings. They are doing an incredible job in recruiting. I have not seen WT or any of the LSC really having success in the portal. Anyone hearing anything differently?
                                the transfers there signing I am sure they are having to give them very good offers. I am not sure how you can sign the high school class they signed and then add 30-40 transfers on top of that. With those transfers you run out of money pretty quick. I hope the head coach knows what he is doing..

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X