Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT Softball

Chip, what's the latest you have heard about WT getting a new softball coach? Also, any news about recruits/tranfers for WBB?

Re: WT Softball

New coach announced

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2019/6/20...all-coach.aspx

Comment

Comment

Thoughts?
        Mine are that WT could have gotten a bigger name, leaves me saying "meh" will be interesting to see his connections in this part of the world though

Comment

WTAMU is just making sure that all Winona State graduates have a job. :smile-big: At least 3 of the 4 men's BB coaches are Winona graduates.

Comment

I've been informed that Mook lives and breathes softball. His specialty is coaching pitchers. I expect his initial recruiting will take more of a national approach. Expect some great recruits from up north that he was already on to come south to Canyon. A JUCO AA pitcher is coming in this weekend. I hope she likes WT. Someone reminded me that several of WT's AA's have not been Texas kids.

11am Friday press conference and opportunity to meet Mook.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
              I've been informed that Mook lives and breathes softball. His specialty is coaching pitchers. I expect his initial recruiting will take more of a national approach. Expect some great recruits from up north that he was already on to come south to Canyon. A JUCO AA pitcher is coming in this weekend. I hope she likes WT. Someone reminded me that several of WT's AA's have not been Texas kids.

11am Friday press conference and opportunity to meet Mook.
              I hope his coaching skills translate well from NAIA to D2. Even Nesbitt is doing well in the NAIA.

I'm glad to hear pitching is a high priority for him. That will be something new for WT.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                I hope his coaching skills translate well from NAIA to D2. Even Nesbitt is doing well in the NAIA.

I'm glad to hear pitching is a high priority for him. That will be something new for WT.
                How many NAIA coaches have built winning programs at NCAA DII?
                Last edited by ASUPops; 06-21-2019, 10:44 AM.

Comment

It looks like he was at Augustana for a long time, successfully working with their pitchers. That's good to know.

http://www.vcsuvikings.com/roster/24/9/2518

Comment

The 11am softball news conference is at the Legends in the Jack B. Kelley Center. Not the United Bank Center.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      How many NAIA coaches have built winning programs at NCAA DII?
                      Don't care how many have in the past, just care that this one will.

BTW - names don't win games

Comment

Originally posted by WTAMU1975 View Post
                        Don't care how many have in the past, just care that this one will.

BTW - names don't win games
                        It does if your name is Tom Brady, Lebron James, or Max Scherzer. Lol.

It was a REAL question.

It is common knowledge that NAIA programs are about equal to NCAA DIII (talent & program wise....players & coaches).

I am very curious to know who, if anyone, has successfully moved from NAIA to NCAA DII and had a program compete at a national level.......in any major sport. Do you know?
                        Last edited by ASUPops; 06-22-2019, 11:33 PM.

Comment

You just made my point - you named players, not coaches.
                          Coaches don't win games - players do.

If you will notice he was the top assistant coach at DII Augustana, for 6 years, where he was in charge of recruiting and coaching pitchers.
                          Would it have been a better hire had he come straight to Wt from Augustana??

It's unrealistic to think no one has ever made the move from NAIA to DII and had success. My knowledge of DII is limited to the LSC.
                          So I can't answer that question. However, if you will watch you'll see it happen with Wt softball.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            I am very curious to know who, if anyone, has successfully moved from NAIA to NCAA DII and had a program compete at a national level.......in any major sport. Do you know?
                            Mel Tjeerdsma
                            Ken Sparks
                            Chuck Broyles
                            Ron Harms
                            Joe Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                              Mel Tjeerdsma
                              Ken Sparks
                              Chuck Broyles
                              Ron Harms
                              Joe Glenn
                              Jim Wacker
                              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X