Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
    So, apparently the outgoing President at Tarleton was against moving up. With his departure, does that mean the AD will be in full court pressure mode for the new President?
    Probably. Then again, if I was on the hiring committee for my boss, I would pay attention to the topic
    Tarleton State Texan
    Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Re: OT - College Realignment June 2019 edition

So, apparently the outgoing President at Tarleton was against moving up. With his departure, does that mean the AD will be in full court pressure mode for the new President?
      It wasn't just Dottavio.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        It wasn't just Dottavio.
        Yeah, just heard from some alums how their fundraisers are setting new records every year and that the incoming Pres is on board for D1. So, here it goes again a new round of pushing D1. I will say this in their defense, they are in a lot better financial shape than Bellarmine and Dixie State to make the move.

Comment

Not sure where this info is coming from, but it is incorrect. Moving up to D1 and 15,000 enrollment is part of the master plan put forth by the current prez just a few years ago. Members of the Stephenville business community are also in support of the move up as they believe a move up helps the tax base.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
            Not sure where this info is coming from, but it is incorrect. Moving up to D1 and 15,000 enrollment is part of the master plan put forth by the current prez just a few years ago. Members of the Stephenville business community are also in support of the move up as they believe a move up helps the tax base.

Comment

I haven't had enough conversations with Dr. Dottavio to know his true stance on the issue. He could be in favor of it because it grows the Tarleton brand. He could be against it because it pulls resources away from other capitol projects. This is a common dilemma on college campuses.

Moving to D1 has been in the Campus Master plan since the early-2000s and we've seen the most stride in making that a reality under his watch. A dedicated athletic fee has increased, facilities have improved, a consultant was hired for the move and recommended it, and stakeholders from around the university have echoed it. The item truely preventing the move seems to be a lack of spot in D1. The Southland is preferred but not ready to move. Based on gossip, the WAC was ready to offer but Tarleton has not accepted because football needs a home
              Tarleton State Texan
              Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post
                I haven't had enough conversations with Dr. Dottavio to know his true stance on the issue. He could be in favor of it because it grows the Tarleton brand. He could be against it because it pulls resources away from other capitol projects. This is a common dilemma on college campuses.

Moving to D1 has been in the Campus Master plan since the early-2000s and we've seen the most stride in making that a reality under his watch. A dedicated athletic fee has increased, facilities have improved, a consultant was hired for the move and recommended it, and stakeholders from around the university have echoed it. The item truely preventing the move seems to be a lack of spot in D1. The Southland is preferred but not ready to move. Based on gossip, the WAC was ready to offer but Tarleton has not accepted because football needs a home
                I believe this statement to be 100% true. The WAC cannot be choosy or picky. Might as well scratch Chicago State next with little to no funding and no one within several hundreds of miles from them why even bother. I cannot understand why they will NOT sponsor FCS football and at the very least give the Conference a fighting chance. Even if it is a separate like the Missouri Valley FCS.

The WAC also offered Metro State, Colorado Mesa and Dixie State. Only Dixie made the jump and I am not sure that their football program will survive the jump. The other two declined.
                Last edited by Techster88; 07-01-2019, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X