Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo State at Lindenwood

The GLVC board doesn't get much traffic, so I figured I'd post this here since there are a few Angelo state fans.

Thoughts on the game?

Anyone gonna take the trip up to St. Charles? If you need any suggestions on places to stay/eat hit me up. If you're tailgating and don't mind the opposition being around, let me know; I always love to meet and mix it up with other D2 fans!
    Cool Story Bro

Angelo is going to be a tough game for everyone this year. I expect them to be ranked mid-pack or better in the top 25 by the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      Angelo is going to be a tough game for everyone this year. I expect them to be ranked mid-pack or better in the top 25 by the end of the year.
      Looks like they had a really tough defense in 2019, with a lot of them returning, no doubt stronger and faster.
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
        they were #25 on that d2football.com video on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Looks like they had a really tough defense in 2019, with a lot of them returning, no doubt stronger and faster.
          Defense should be their strength. Could be the best in LSC. But hard to at this point.

Offense? I think with WR Keke at Mizzou, and not having a top QB, the offense will be stronger at running.

Angelo's season will come down to the battles in the trenches.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Defense should be their strength. Could be the best in LSC. But hard to at this point.

Offense? I think with WR Keke at Mizzou, and not having a top QB, the offense will be stronger at running.

Angelo's season will come down to the battles in the trenches.

Shared my thoughts on the game here....

https://www.d2football.com/2021-glvc-week-one-preview/

Comment

Originally posted by Bryon Ramos View Post

Shared my thoughts on the game here....

https://www.d2football.com/2021-glvc-week-one-preview/
              Enjoyed the read. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Rams up 16-0 first qtr. Safety, 50 yd pass, pick 6

Comment

ASU up 23-7. Running game, and offense in general, has sputtered early, but last drive looked good.

Defense has look good and 9 of those points are theirs (safety and a 25 yard pick-6).

What's been frustrating has been the ASU penalties. After about 22 minutes of game time (middle of 2nd quarter) they officially had 6 penalties for 72 yards, but there were a few multiple flag plays,, including at least three or four Unsportsmanlike calls.
                  Last edited by texcap; 09-02-2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

ASU up 23-14 at half. Stopped Lindenwod and forced aunt with under a minute left in half, but puffed the punt return and turned the ball over at the ASU 35. LU scored with 7 seconds left in the first half.

It was not the best game for either team in the first half, but as I said earlier, the penalties have been the biggest disappointment.

Hopefully both teams got the jitters out in the first half.

I will say that Lindenwood has more cheerleaders/pep squad, etc. than I have ever seen. Must have been 150 of them on the field to start the game.

Comment

LU goes 3 & out on the opening possession of the 2nd half. They get a great punt and pin ASU at their own 4.

ASU then drives, mostly on the ground 96 yards for a TD (46 yard run for score).

ASU 30 Lindenwood 14, mid way through the 3rd quarter

Comment

Another ASU penalty. ASU had LU stopped with a sack on 3rd and 6 and gets called for a face mask, giving LU the ball at midfield.

Still ASU 30-16

Comment

Good news: TD on a pass after an 80 year drive to make it ASU 37 LU 14
                          Bad news: Another stupid Unsportsmanlike penalty on ASU for celebration on the TD

At the end of 3 quarters, ASU has almost 400 yards on offense, whole holding LU to 168, but ASU also has been called for 102 yards in penalties, with at least 4 unsportsmanlike (possibly 5).

Comment

WOW! Add two more unsportsmanlike penalties to ASU, that brings the total to 6 or 7, with 132 penalty yards. ASU has a shot at getting to double digits in just unsportsmanlike penalties since there is still 7:00 minutes left in the game.

In addition add an offsides and a defense holding in the endzone against ASU.

TD Lindenwood, so the score is now SU 37 Lindenwood 20, with 6:42 left in the game.

ASU now has 13 penalties for 135 yards.

Comment

Final ASU 40, Lindenwood 20

AU defense looked good, holding LU to under 300 yards.
                              T he offense finally got going, 460 yards, with 275 on the ground. JC transfer Odom 132 yards on 10 carries.

A win is a win, but the biggest problem for ASU, which hopefully is correctable, is penalties 13 for 135 with at least 6 unsportsmanlike penalties.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X