2. Midwestern
    3. TAMUC
    4. Angelo State
    5. WT
    6. ENMU
    7.TAMUK
    8. UTPB
    9.WNMU

Interesting that Commerce was picked 3rd. Lack of confidence in new HC my guess. Everyone else just seemed like they looked at last years final standings. WT at 5 might not set well with some.

Re: Dave Campbell’s Texas Football LSC 2019 Prediction

Past performance is not an indication of future results.

It seems the past is playing a major role in the predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by WTAMU1975 View Post

Yep.

ENMU is going to be set to have a good year this year, favorable schedule, Senior QB, defense that has gotten better, and all the flux in the conference with MSU graduating their starting qb and Commerce coaching change, Tarleton graduating some monster players, etc.

The conference looks alot like Lynns 3rd year when Eastern went 8-3 and shared the conference title with Tarleton. Hopefully they can keep from making the same early season mistakes that kept them out of the playoffs.

They could go 2 -9 too!

I personally am getting excited for the season to start as our HS team is returning alot of kids and are favored to return to the title game again!
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

It seems the past is playing a major role in the predictions
        As it does in ALL preseason polls!

Comment

Interested in UTPB as Chadron plays them this year. Any news on their strengths and weaknesses...what type of offense/defense do they run etc...

Comment

It’s the best predictor.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
              It’s the best predictor.
              Not sure it's the best, just the easiest.

Comment

I don't know if ENMU will finish ahead of WT but I know they will beat them. The hounds have won 6 of the last 7 vs the Buffs and this years Wagon Wheel game is at home

Comment

Originally posted by ahshound View Post
                  I don't know if ENMU will finish ahead of WT but I know they will beat them. The hounds have won 6 of the last 7 vs the Buffs and this years Wagon Wheel game is at home
                  Beginning in 1984, we beat Abilene Christian every year until 2003. Going into the 2004 season, we could have said, "I know we'll beat ACU since we've beat them for the last 20 years, but they won. Then they won again in '05, and '06, and then they beat us every year until 2012 when we finally beat them. These things change. Not saying you won't beat WT this year, but this is a really weird game sometimes.

Comment

A little early for smack - however, I'll play

The wheel returns - I heard it from the GWB.

Comment

I think you are right. ENMU will be overlooked this season.....and think they will be better than 2018.
                      Last edited by ASUPops; 07-06-2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I think Commerce and West Texas finish higher. Still waiting on UTPB to take that next step in conference play.

Never have put much stock in these predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                          I think Commerce and West Texas finish higher. Still waiting on UTPB to take that next step in conference play.

Never have put much stock in these predictions.
                          I disagree. I think this is a good indicator of where the teams are. Angelo State pick got the nod over WT and ENMU. Any of those three could go in any order. Until someone else steps up it’s Commerce Tarleton and Midwestern and everyone else.
                          Last edited by Techster88; 07-06-2019, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                            I disagree. I think this is a good indicator of where the teams are. Angelo State pick got the nod over WT and ENMU. Any of those three could go in any order. Until someone else steps up it’s Commerce Tarleton and Midwestern and everyone else.
                            I agree with this completely. I think Angelo, WT and ENMU are interchangeable. I wear maroon tinted glasses and definitely think they are headed the right way but the new offensive coordinator is going to have to work some magic to get WT into the upper echelon.

Comment

Commerce has a tough away schedule this season, at Tarleton, Pueblo, Angelo, Kville, and WT. 2 losses will likely keep us out of the playoffs with the 10 game schedule. We seem to have lost our qb/wr coach Yogi Gallegos this week, but there was no announcement of any kind. Getting very little info from the football team this offseason. Turf has been removed from the field, but no announcement about that was made either at least as far as to the season ticket holders or the general school community. We have the players to compete for the conference title, and even for the natty, but it's been awful quiet around here.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X