Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT vs WNM

I'm thinking the Buffs win this one in a laugher. Even if we miss all field goals and average 20 yards on punts, both quite likely, we should still be victorious. Running on first and second down will probably work fine. Maybe they can use some onside kicks and trick plays on punts, they might work this week. No cheerleaders or buffalo, but we've got the fabulous on-campus stadium. I still haven't heard anything about the midnight pep rallies though.

When the Houston Astros attendance was lagging in the Astrodome they would sometimes schedule concerts after the game to boost attendance. A lot of people showed up in the 8th or 9th inning, but it still counted toward the Astros attendance as one ticket covered both. Maybe WT can try this. After all, concerts were one of the reasons we needed an on-campus stadium, as no concert could have been held a mile from the campus. Who has been to one?

The Astros wanted their own stadium, and threatened to leave if they didn't get it. So of course the taxpayers paid for it. The year it opened the Astros traded several good players, reasoning that fans would come to see the new stadium, even if the team sucked (which it did). I used to be a regular at games in the Dome, but I stopped going once they got their new stadium.

Based on how WNM looked against Western State this one should be over very early. If it's not I think WT is in a lot of trouble the rest of the season.

Comment

I'm confused.....is this thread about WT football (see separate thread "WT Football"), is it about the WNM (i.e. another NAIA) at WT game, is it about the on campus stadium, is it about concerts, is it about the Hoyston Astros, is it about the Astrodome, or is it about something hidden within your post?? ;) I figured the WT Football thread was all encompassing. No?

Comment

WT by 40+

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          I'm confused.....is this thread about WT football (see separate thread "WT Football"), is it about the WNM (i.e. another NAIA) at WT game, is it about the on campus stadium, is it about concerts, is it about the Hoyston Astros, is it about the Astrodome, or is it about something hidden within your post?? ;) I figured the WT Football thread was all encompassing. No?
          Thanks for asking Joe. Yes, it's all about the Hoyston Astros, the Dome, and excessive punctuation. I would have a longer answer but I am at a concert in a new stadium that was too expensive. ;)

In the past we have separated the games with separate threads. Hey, I always thought WNM was a D2 team since they are in the LSC. However, I am wondering if I should pay the $10 to watch the slaughter or save it for the following week, when we will find out what kind of team we really have. Alternatively I could watch reruns of Rawhide. These are difficult decisions.

Comment

After that arse kicking WT received from UTPB I am not sure what they have and a butt kicking over WMN may not be a given. If this game is in any way close then WT football is in some severe dire straits.

Comment

Hughes's weekly video finally surfaced today on https://gobuffsgo.com/ . I agree with a lot of what he said. Best of luck, Coach!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Thanks for asking Joe. Yes, it's all about the Hoyston Astros, the Dome, and excessive punctuation. I would have a longer answer but I am at a concert in a new stadium that was too expensive. ;)

In the past we have separated the games with separate threads. Hey, I always thought WNM was a D2 team since they are in the LSC. However, I am wondering if I should pay the $10 to watch the slaughter or save it for the following week, when we will find out what kind of team we really have. Alternatively I could watch reruns of Rawhide. These are difficult decisions.
                Your welcome Kamala.

I have never been a Hoyston fan....in any way, shape or form. Not of the nasty city or any of its world class sports teams. 7070707. But for you I will sing "Whore-ay for Hoyston".

WNM, I hear is part of the LSC, but after last week, I believe they must be a NAIA team. ;)

I am interested in seeing WT play a contender and see where they are. I knew the UTPB program was progressing.....they came a long way in a short time. So maybe they showed us exactly where WT is.

I wouldn't spend $1 to watch this week's game.

Actually, I am interested in seeing Midwestern @ Angelo. I think this game will tell where Angelo is. ALSO, Angelo WILL have a pregame concert, not at their on campus, modest stadium, but at the Ram Jam (held at the Alumni Center).

Next, I want to see TAMUC playing W. Florida. Maybe there is an upset brewing.

Well...figured I would throw in some other topics other than that of WNM @ WT.....since that seems like the theme of this party. ;)

Oh and just for you Ms. Harris !!!!!!??????!!!......????""""";;;;;:::,,,,,,,,,,!! !!!

Comment

Your welcome Kamala.

I have never been a Hoyston fan....in any way, shape or form. Not of the nasty city or any of its world class sports teams. 7070707. But for you I will sing "Whore-ay for Hoyston".

WNM, I hear is part of the LSC, but after last week, I believe they must be a NAIA team. ;)

I am interested in seeing WT play a contender and see where they are. I knew the UTPB program was progressing.....they came a long way in a short time. So maybe they showed us exactly where WT is.

Actually, I am interested in seeing Midwestern @ Angelo. I think this game will tell where Angelo is. ALSO, Angelo WILL have a pregame concert, not at their on campus, modest stadium, but at the Ram Jam (held at the Alumni Center).

Well...figured I would throw in some other topics other than that of WNM @ WT.....since that seems like the theme of this party. ;)

Oh and just for you Ms. Harris !!!!!!??????!!!......????""""";;;;;:::,,,,,,,,,,!! !!!
                  Joe, I am sorry you think I am Kamala, but that is just your nature. I really enjoyed all the punctuation though, and the comments about my city.

When I made the previous post you didn't like I mentioned a greedy pro team (is there any other kind?) that got the taxpayers to pay for a new stadium they didn't need. However they wanted Sky Boxes! WT also got students (and fans) to pay for something many didn't care about, for reasons only they know. Maybe so they can sit in the fancy Club Level seating to feel important, while watching below average football. So both WT and Angelo must be screwing up big time by having their concerts outside of their fabulous on-campus stadiums. WT just had one in the FUBC. That's the place with so many seats covered in plastic almost all of the time. It makes me so sad to see those empty seats. Maybe they could tear it down and build something smaller, especially since on-campus enrollment is dropping. Cost is no object when it's not your money.

If WT scheduled a concert after the football game, then more students would show up to watch some of the football. As I mentioned, it worked for the Astros. However, if WT scheduled it before the football game, and most people left, the team would get their feelings hurt. That could result in poor defense, missed field goals, and terrible punting.

I tend to agree about WT's matchup this week. $1 is a lot for a game like that. I might also be more interested in the MSU and Commerce games, though I don't expect Commerce to win this one. I'm thinking Rawhide might be the best choice.

Comment

Your welcome Kamala.

One thing is for sure. If WT is sitting at 3-3 after a loss to Angelo then its time to start that head coaching search.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Joe, I am sorry you think I am Kamala, but that is just your nature. I really enjoyed all the punctuation though, and the comments about my city.

When I made the previous post you didn't like I mentioned a greedy pro team (is there any other kind?) that got the taxpayers to pay for a new stadium they didn't need. However they wanted Sky Boxes! WT also got students (and fans) to pay for something many didn't care about, for reasons only they know. Maybe so they can sit in the fancy Club Level seating to feel important, while watching below average football. So both WT and Angelo must be screwing up big time by having their concerts outside of their fabulous on-campus stadiums. WT just had one in the FUBC. That's the place with so many seats covered in plastic almost all of the time. It makes me so sad to see those empty seats. Maybe they could tear it down and build something smaller, especially since on-campus enrollment is dropping. Cost is no object when it's not your money.

If WT scheduled a concert after the football game, then more students would show up to watch some of the football. As I mentioned, it worked for the Astros. However, if WT scheduled it before the football game, and most people left, the team would get their feelings hurt. That could result in poor defense, missed field goals, and terrible punting.

I tend to agree about WT's matchup this week. $1 is a lot for a game like that. I might also be more interested in the MSU and Commerce games, Thord ugh I don't expect Commerce to win this one. I'm thinking Rawhide might be the best choice.

I'd certainly pay $1 to attend tonight's game.

Especially since I already pay for 3 season tickets on the 45/50 yard line at the top row aisle steps away from our luxurious Buffalo Club area. Ha! I just got my portable power lift that is supposed to be able to put me in a vehicle. Alas, my son, busy running our Subs and TB, has failed to get it unboxed. So I'll be watching tonight on the video stream. I WILL be at the Mines game for my first in-person look at the finished Buffalo ON-CAMPUS Stadium. I'll be in my portable fold-up wheelchair right behind our seats.

Tonight I see it WT 45 WNMU 14. The final score depends on how WT's 3rd team plays in the 4th qtr. Western might get a couple more late game gimmes.

GO BUFFS!

Comment

Football is football....

Are there teams that should win in match ups due to resources, talent and other factors sure.

Western NM came into the conference in 2016 and Beat Angelo St and UTPB and almost beat Tarleton St losing by 4.

In 2017 they went 3-5 in conference and beat Kingsville, WT, and Tarleton.

The past couple season they have not done well except for being competitive in a couple games, COVID didn't help and their struggles to find a coach has made it harder.

Adams St. when they came to ENMU last week were not a good team but they were a big step from a NAIA school, they were well coached and played hard Western NM also beating them and then losing to Western ST by a large margin was just a team playing well one weak and getting rolled up on the next like what happens sometimes in football.

My point is that Western NM seems to find a way with the right coaches to play better than they should be able.

I do think WT SHOULD be able to win this game without much struggle but there are no guarantees in life. (Except death and taxes)
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I'd certainly pay $1 to attend tonight's game.

Especially since I already pay for 3 season tickets on the 45/50 yard line at the top row aisle steps away from our luxurious Buffalo Club area. Ha! I just got my portable power lift that is supposed to be able to put me in a vehicle. Alas, my son, busy running our Subs and TB, has failed to get it unboxed. So I'll be watching tonight on the video stream. I WILL be at the Mines game for my first in-person look at the finished Buffalo ON-CAMPUS Stadium. I'll be in my portable fold-up wheelchair right behind our seats.

Tonight I see it WT 45 WNMU 14. The final score depends on how WT's 3rd team plays in the 4th qtr. Western might get a couple more late game gimmes.

GO BUFFS!
                          I'm very glad you will finally get to go to a game at the fabulous on-campus stadium. I hope you continue to improve!

I'm still leaning toward Rawhide, but if I watch the game I will hope to see 1) the Buffs punt whether they need to or not. They have 1 punt so far for 21 yards, plus a trick play from punt formation that failed (badly). They need to work on the punting game, including returns! Next week they will need it to work flawlessly. 2) attempt some field goals whether they need to or not. 3) If they can get up by 21 or more, put in a different QB. I am big fan of Gerber but his backups have been horrible. Put them in the game and make them pass. Just handing off will not help them. 4) Have the defense stop plays from happening, instead of tackling after a catch or run (or not at all). 5) Head 'em up, move 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

One thing is for sure. If WT is sitting at 3-3 after a loss to Angelo then its time to start that head coaching search.
                            I can assure you, McB already has his short list in his holster.

That's just the way he operates. His MO says if he loses a good coach, he will replace that coach with a better coach. Look at BB, women's BB, SB, T&F. All sports with national ranked teams. Well, nearly always......women's BB was the exception last year. Hence, I think it was mutually agreed that the coach should accept her offer to move on and up.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I can assure you, McB already has his short list in his holster.

That's just the way he operates. His MO says if he loses a good coach, he will replace that coach with a better coach. Look at BB, women's BB, SB, T&F. All sports with national ranked teams. Well, nearly always......women's BB was the exception last year. Hence, I think it was mutually agreed that the coach should accept her offer to move on and up.
                              Except for football and softball. Nesbitt was not better than Carthel. I like Hughes much more than Nesbitt, though his record is worse than Nesbitt's, who never had a losing season while the head coach at WT. True, repeated games against McMurry, OPSU, etc helped make his record look better.

Candace was not a better coach than B, but admittedly those were difficult circumstances. However Candace got an extra year until the infamous bus driving incident. Mook is the best coach we have had, maybe in any sport. That guy knows how to turn average and good players into great players. Mook is an intellectual, not a bully.

So in my narrow, 2 sport view of WT athletics, I give McB a 25 out of 100. Not good.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X