• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    Maybe we should check with Kramer.
    I heard the source is Bob Sacamano.

Comment

Comment

How much more you want to make the students pay to subsidize the program.
        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I heard the source is Bob Sacamano.
          I rarely watched Seinfeld so I had to look it up.

Comment

Comment

I don't think anyone is discussing a move to FBS. You can play on a shoe-string football field and/or gym and be FCS, and many do.

Comment

When I looked at Sam Houston's and SFA's numbers a few years ago, the student's were paying about 80-85% of the program's revenues.

The payday games increase revenues some, but expenses increase a great deal. You will probably double your athletic budget.
                Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

... and will give most other sports an easy W.
                  Which other sports? Islander women basketball team won the southland last year. Volleyball team is at the top most years. Baseball was competitive. Basketball will improve in a couple of years under a different coach. Softball may be a push.

Which sports would Kingsville contribute too under a merger besides football?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

I don't think anyone is discussing a move to FBS. You can play on a shoe-string football field and/or gym and be FCS, and many do.
                    Yep look no further than Houston Baptist. They make Nazareth high school basketball look like a FBS program and they are Texas 1A.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Which other sports? Islander women basketball team won the southland last year. Volleyball team is at the top most years. Baseball was competitive. Basketball will improve in a couple of years under a different coach. Softball may be a push.

Which sports would Kingsville contribute too under a merger besides football?

What merger? I don't think Sharp is ready to try that again. They won't be sneaking up on anyone if they do give it another go.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

What merger? I don't think Sharp is ready to try that again. They won't be sneaking up on anyone if they do give it another go.
                          Maybe I read your other comment the wrong way. I thought (and you may still be) you were making the comment that the Islanders were giving the easy wins instead of Commerce.

The talks are always off and on with a Corpus/Kingsville merger. I personally hope it never happens unless Corpus is in danger of dropping to D2.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-23 084046.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	603547
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by HeyBeerManTX; 09-23-2021, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Academic, Athletic, or ...... ???

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Maybe I read your other comment the wrong way. I thought (and you may still be) you were making the comment that the Islanders were giving the easy wins instead of Commerce.
                                I was, but then your response mentioned merger, so I thought you were going in a different direction.

Without much research, I would say in a tamuc-tamucc matchup that tamucc has an advantage in volleyball and womens basketball, while tamuc has the advantage in men's basketball, softball and track & field. IDK about golf or soccer. Either way, IMO, currently athletics-wise, tamuc is better overall than tamucc.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X