Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compughterratings

No, I didn't misspell the title. Here's how they rank the LSC members. The first number is national ranking. The last 2 numbers are offense and defense, which are nationally ranked as well.

For example, WT is ranked 69th in the nation, 6th in the conference, 94th in offense, and 32nd in defense.

http://www.compughterratings.com/D2/rankings

9 Tarleton St Lone Star 0.26 0 0 9 6 7 12
    10 TAMU-Commerce Lone Star 0.26 0 0 10 11 13 9
    17 Midwestern St Lone Star 0.21 0 0 17 15 3 48
    53 Eastern New Mexico Lone Star 0.07 0 0 53 40 60 24
    56 Angelo St Lone Star 0.06 0 0 56 27 21 45
    69 West Texas A&M Lone Star 0.02 0 0 69 66 94 32
    84 TAMU-Kingsville Lone Star -0.05 0 084 75 63 90
    124 Western New Mexico Lone Star -0.18 0 0124 115 99 122
    132 Texas-Permian Basin Lone Star -0.20 0 0132 109 104 109

Re: Compughterratings

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    No, I didn't misspell the title. Here's how they rank the LSC members. The first number is national ranking. The last 2 numbers are offense and defense, which are nationally ranked as well.

For example, WT is ranked 69th in the nation, 6th in the conference, 94th in offense, and 32nd in defense.

Looks like it'll be between Tarleton and Commerce going by this with UTPB and WNMU competing in the Basement Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
      Looks like it'll be between Tarleton and Commerce going by this with UTPB and WNMU competing in the Basement Bowl.
      Believe it or not these were pretty close to being right last year

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        Believe it or not these were pretty close to being right last year
        Not going to go back a year to check. Impressive.

Comment

Not going to go back a year to check. Impressive.
          I'm not sure you can. But on the TAMC broadcast we followed them all year and they had some head scratchers early on that ended up being right. Not sure if it was luck - I usually put zero stock in these types of things - but I'll keep an eye on it again this year. For instance they've got us much higher than the other ratings posted on here a few days ago from a magazine (#10 vs #22)

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Sounds like our Buffs have some issues to work on in order to get back to being a playoff contender.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
              I'm not sure you can. But on the TAMC broadcast we followed them all year and they had some head scratchers early on that ended up being right. Not sure if it was luck - I usually put zero stock in these types of things - but I'll keep an eye on it again this year. For instance they've got us much higher than the other ratings posted on here a few days ago from a magazine (#10 vs #22)
              I would probably rate you around the 20's as well since you are bringing in a new coach.

Especially since he has had a winning season (over .500) only 5 times in his 14 seasons as a Head Coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
                I would probably rate you around the 20's as well since you are bringing in a new coach.

Especially since he has had a winning season (over .500) only 5 times in his 14 seasons as a Head Coach.
                IMHO he has a lot to prove. Not sure what AD was looking at when he selected Bailiff to run the ship. Seems to me there would have been a lot of quality applicants up and coming. Heck, I know some HS Coaches who I would feel better about in his spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                  IMHO he has a lot to prove. Not sure what AD was looking at when he selected Bailiff to run the ship. Seems to me there would have been a lot of quality applicants up and coming. Heck, I know some HS Coaches who I would feel better about in his spot.
                  He probably was looking at just needing someone who could maintain the program, didnt want to risk it blowing up on a new commer.
                  I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Just flip a coin and you will find that your accuracy will probably beat the nerds computer program.

If these things were right and/or consistent, lots of folks would be cleaning it up in Vegas. THEY ARE NOT!

Use them for entertainment only.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      Just flip a coin and you will find that your accuracy will probably beat the nerds computer program.

If these things were right and/or consistent, lots of folks would be cleaning it up in Vegas. THEY ARE NOT!

Use them for entertainment only.
                      So you're saying there's a reason the games are played and not simulated?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
                        Sounds like our Buffs have some issues to work on in order to get back to being a playoff contender.
                        Hughes hopes to address them. That's why he hired a young dynamic OC to shake up the offensive scheme. And the new DC to build on a decent defense and take it to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                          Hughes hopes to address them. That's why he hired a young dynamic OC to shake up the offensive scheme. And the new DC to build on a decent defense and take it to the next level.
                          I thought Hughes wanted the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense?

Are you saying they may look at going back to the spread?

Comment

So you're saying there's a reason the games are played and not simulated?
                            Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
                              I thought Hughes wanted the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense?

Are you saying they may look at going back to the spread?
                              3 yards and a cloud of dust didn't work. It failed miserably. Didn't have the horses up front and the OC's play-calling was worse than a bad Scott Linehan in your nightmare. I don't know what the new guy will do, but when I talked to him he said a lot of "take what the D gives you," "getting the ball in space to your playmakers," and "being unpredictable," Time to use what works with your personnel rather than trying to fit a size 9 shoe on a size 12 foot. We'll see. It will certainly be interesting to see what the Buff offense looks like in 2019.

Hughes wants to win. Desperately. That's why he changed OC's and probably schemes.
                              Last edited by BuffaloChip; 07-24-2019, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X