Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Huge CONGRATS to TAMUC and their fans.. This will be a great move for them. The Lions should be able to compete well in the Southland.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

The speculation was WT because I, along with many others, heard 2 LSC teams were receiving invites. It very well could have been WT and they declined. It also could have been Angelo who would have also declined.
        According to General Hawkins, ASU has been doing a serious cost benefit analysis. At the August Chamber of Commerce meeting he said a decision on moving to D1 would be announced the first of the month. Unless I missed it, there was no news Sept.1, so he may have meant Oct. 1.

According to some members of the athletics dept. the General is gung ho for a move to D1 and a decision is coming soon..

Comment

Is anyone missing Commerce yet? Asking for Seinfeld.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
            East Texas State/ TAMUC is the last charter member of the LSC to leave. 1931

Comment

[QUOTE=Techster88;n604194]

East Texas State/ TAMUC is the last charter member of the LSC to leave

nvmd

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Comment

Congrats to Commerce. Good things happen to programs who have very proactive and engaged administrations.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

According to General Hawkins, ASU has been doing a serious cost benefit analysis. At the August Chamber of Commerce meeting he said a decision on moving to D1 would be announced the first of the month. Unless I missed it, there was no news Sept.1, so he may have meant Oct. 1.

According to some members of the athletics dept. the General is gung ho for a move to D1 and a decision is coming soon..
                    I heard Angelo already turned down the invite to join in 2022. Thanks for the information and clarification. I look forward to the announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I heard Angelo already turned down the invite to join in 2022. Thanks for the information and clarification. I look forward to the announcement.
                      That was the Chamber meeting in August. The General made a similar statement at the President's update luncheon in September. I do not have any idea what the final decision was.

I do know that two weeks ago, at Ram Club luncheon, a member of the athletics staff told me that Ronnie really wants to make the move. I got the impression that no final decision had been made at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Oops! I searched for "Neal Young" and his info came up. Bad.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. You have a heart of gold, Old Man.
                        :-)
                        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post

The Southland makes no geographic sense for the Argos, but the games at McNeese and Commerce this year makes this idea look more interesting. The rumor mill on the GSC thread is all about West Florida joining the ASUN, which does make geographic sense for the Argos.

The problem with this move up for West Florida is the triple cost of FCS since the State of Florida refused to help the Argos with the football startup and I doubt they would help with a move to FCS at this time or the near future. An FCS move would likely get the Argos games against FSU, Florida, UCF and other schools in the state and a chance to surprise and/or be thrashed.

Either way, a paycheck awaits.

Comment

Scored a nice insulated Southland mug at the press conference. Looks like ESPN+ is part of the deal too.

Comment

https://www.espn.com/espnplus/player...0-b3fbe6da5b81

Comment

Now that TAMUC is making the jump to the Southland, does anyone know if the game with West Florida will still be on the schedule next September?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X