Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAMC Press Conference Tuesday

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Well...... bye
    Tarleton State Texan
    Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Is Frisco where the Southland HQ is located?
      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

Is Frisco where the Southland HQ is located?
        Yes. Sounds like they are off to the Southland
        Tarleton State Texan
        Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Dan Wolken confirms.

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status...36119003353093

Comment

Anyone else joining them in the move?

Comment

Originally posted by WT&TTECHfan View Post
              Anyone else joining them in the move?

Comment

Comment

All this enthusiasm, but people were predicting WT was movin' on up yesterday, when all it was was a stupid inaudible fund raiser. Maybe Commerce will move up, if so best of luck.

Meanwhile back at WT the "Cadillac has got a wheel in the ditch. And a wheel on the track." - with apologies to Neil Young.
                  Last edited by WT_TKW; 09-24-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                    All this enthusiasm, but people were predicting WT was movin' on up yesterday, when all it was was a stupid inaudible fund raiser. Maybe Commerce will move up, if so best of luck.

Meanwhile back at WT the "Cadillac has got a wheel in the ditch. And a wheel on the track." - with apologies to Neal Young.
                    For what? Misspelling his name?
                    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

The Southland makes no geographic sense for the Argos, but the games at McNeese and Commerce this year makes this idea look more interesting. The rumor mill on the GSC thread is all about West Florida joining the ASUN, which does make geographic sense for the Argos.

The problem with this move up for West Florida is the triple cost of FCS since the State of Florida refused to help the Argos with the football startup and I doubt they would help with a move to FCS at this time or the near future. An FCS move would likely get the Argos games against FSU, Florida, UCF and other schools in the state and a chance to surprise and/or be thrashed.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

For what? Misspelling his name?
                        Oops! I searched for "Neal Young" and his info came up. Bad.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. You have a heart of gold, Old Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post

The Southland makes no geographic sense for the Argos, but the games at McNeese and Commerce this year makes this idea look more interesting. The rumor mill on the GSC thread is all about West Florida joining the ASUN, which does make geographic sense for the Argos.

The problem with this move up for West Florida is the triple cost of FCS since the State of Florida refused to help the Argos with the football startup and I doubt they would help with a move to FCS at this time or the near future. An FCS move would likely get the Argos games against FSU, Florida, UCF and other schools in the state and a chance to surprise and/or be thrashed.
                          Geographically either conference makes sense. Austin Peay and Central Arkansas are not exactly next door. I have been on the fence with this and really haven't said much until Commerce jumped ship. I was thinking late spring at the earliest if then when I was told about it. One thing I can guarantee you is that there is an open invitation on the table whether or not W Fla can make it happen is on them.
                          Last edited by Techster88; 09-24-2021, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Some other press about the move.
                            A couple of news sources are reporting that the Texas A&M University-Commerce Lions will be leaving the Lone Star Conference in athletics to join the Southland Conference.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Meanwhile back at WT the "Cadillac has got a wheel in the ditch. And a wheel on the track." - with apologies to Neil Young.
                              The speculation was WT because I, along with many others, heard 2 LSC teams were receiving invites. It very well could have been WT and they declined. It also could have been Angelo who would have also declined.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X