Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
    Now that TAMUC is making the jump to the Southland, does anyone know if the game with West Florida will still be on the schedule next September?
    There was no word about 2022 schedules.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

There was no word about 2022 schedules.
      I am sure Tech is chomping at the bit to schedule them for one of those easy Southland conference home wins that they always eek out in the 4th quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I am sure Tech is chomping at the bit to schedule them for one of those easy Southland conference home wins that they always eek out in the 4th quarter.
        They did say they have been taking calls from a lot of teams, so maybe.

Comment

Tim has contacts all over the place. We won't have any trouble with ooc games.

Comment

I read the this will be a 4 year process. Obviously won't be playing the LSC slate, but I assume they can still play a few of the non-conference schools. Looks like 7 football members in the Southland with the addition of TAMU-C. That makes 6 conference games. Right? Will be cool to see how this all plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
              Is anyone missing Commerce yet? Asking for Seinfeld.
              HAHAHA! Good one!

Comment

We really need to get you guys out more.

Comment

Originally posted by nobody special View Post
                  I read the this will be a 4 year process. Obviously won't be playing the LSC slate, but I assume they can still play a few of the non-conference schools. Looks like 7 football members in the Southland with the addition of TAMU-C. That makes 6 conference games. Right? Will be cool to see how this all plays out.
                  Wouldn't be at all surprised to see this at 10 football schools soon.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                    Scored a nice insulated Southland mug at the press conference. Looks like ESPN+ is part of the deal too.
                    Now that Commerce has moved up- I'll have to "move up" to a fitted Lions cap next. I just moved the one that I got at the 2017 quarterfinal game in Mankato from my D2 room to my D1 room. It doesn't seem like that long ago. How does time fly by like that?

Comment

Congrats Lions. I look forward to renewing our President's Cup rivalry.
                      Tarleton State Texan
                      Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Now that Commerce has moved up- I'll have to "move up" to a fitted Lions cap next. I just moved the one that I got at the 2017 quarterfinal game in Mankato from my D2 room to my D1 room. It doesn't seem like that long ago. How does time fly by like that?
                        So far the D1 swag is way better than the D2 swag. They gave us Coleman insulated mugs. Way better than the plastic Tupperware ones we got after the natty. I guess you have to join the SEC to get a Yeti.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see this at 10 football schools soon.
                          I'm actually taking a different tack for all these Texas schools in FCS and potential D2 schools making a future move up.

I'm hearing the newly formed WAC will soon implode with the Texas WAC schools forming a new all-Texas FCS conference. It would include Stephen F, Sam Houston, ACU, Lamar, Tarleton, UIW, Commerce, and invites to WT and Angelo. Other potential invitees include UTPB, Prairie View, Texas Southern, Houston Baptist. Add in UTRGV and Corpus for all other sports. That would be a solid 9 FB schools, potentially 13.

Travel costs much less than the WAC. Natural rivalries. More prominent media coverage. Pluses outweigh minuses. It's a natural evolution that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I'm actually taking a different tack for all these Texas schools in FCS and potential D2 schools making a future move up.

I'm hearing the newly formed WAC will soon implode with the Texas WAC schools forming a new all-Texas FCS conference. It would include Stephen F, Sam Houston, ACU, Lamar, Tarleton, UIW, Commerce, and invites to WT and Angelo. Other potential invitees include UTPB, Prairie View, Texas Southern, Houston Baptist. Add in UTRGV and Corpus for all other sports. That would be a solid 9 FB schools, potentially 13.

Travel costs much less than the WAC. Natural rivalries. More prominent media coverage. Pluses outweigh minuses. It's a natural evolution that makes sense.

Comment

Chip needs to lay off the hard stuff before posting. Visions of grandeur and sugar plums danced in his head.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X