Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SR4 keeps shrinking. This might lead to a regional realignment at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

SR4 keeps shrinking. This might lead to a regional realignment at some point.
      I can see it..

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I'm actually taking a different tack for all these Texas schools in FCS and potential D2 schools making a future move up.

I'm hearing the newly formed WAC will soon implode with the Texas WAC schools forming a new all-Texas FCS conference. It would include Stephen F, Sam Houston, ACU, Lamar, Tarleton, UIW, Commerce, and invites to WT and Angelo. Other potential invitees include UTPB, Prairie View, Texas Southern, Houston Baptist. Add in UTRGV and Corpus for all other sports. That would be a solid 9 FB schools, potentially 13.

Travel costs much less than the WAC. Natural rivalries. More prominent media coverage. Pluses outweigh minuses. It's a natural evolution that makes sense.

Comment

I doubt it. Another LSC team would just take that spot most likely. The team may not be as talented, but their record and resume would still warrant a spot. I doubt this changes the NSIC playoff picture much at all other than a likely realignment soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I doubt it. Another LSC team would just take that spot most likely. The team may not be as talented, but their record and resume would still warrant a spot. I doubt this changes the NSIC playoff picture much at all other than a likely realignment soon.
            I wouldn't be too sure. Remember the LSC schools will have to find an extra game to fill the Commerce absence. That would mean choosing an out of conference D2 school with a crap record to hurt SOS or an NAIA/D1 school that wont count for anything. Now you are looking at Angelo St., Midwestern St., UTPB, and Possibly WT again being the 4 contending teams which doesn't really strike fear into anyone including the SOS. I see it being evenly distributed more between the RMAC, NSIC, and LSC schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I wouldn't be too sure. Remember the LSC schools will have to find an extra game to fill the Commerce absence. That would mean choosing an out of conference D2 school with a crap record to hurt SOS or an NAIA/D1 school that wont count for anything. Now you are looking at Angelo St., Midwestern St., UTPB, and Possibly WT again being the 4 contending teams which doesn't really strike fear into anyone including the SOS. I see it being evenly distributed more between the RMAC, NSIC, and LSC schools.
              Um....Midwestern is undefeated as of now and beat TAMUC.

Also....what happens to all the DII level talent that was being recruited by TAMUC? Do they go to other DII programs or will these DII level players still get recruited by TAMUC and try to compete at FCS level? Is there really that much difference in talent level?
              Last edited by ASUPops; 09-30-2021, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Also....what happens to all the DII level talent that was being recruited by TAMUC? Do they go to other DII programs or will these DII level players still get recruited by TAMUC and try to compete at FCS level? Is there really that much difference in talent level?
                  Commerce let him off the hook in that game. Midwestern mostly has a history of losing in the first round and the few times they reach the second round they get obliterated.

Just my opinion they have an FCS competitive team right now with injuries to key positions. Not much difference in talent level but its the depth of scholarships that usually hurts D2 teams when playing up to FCS teams.

Comment

Commerce let him off the hook in that game. Midwestern mostly has a history of losing in the first round and the few times they reach the second round they get obliterated.

Just my opinion they have an FCS competitive team right now with injuries to key positions. Not much difference in talent level but its the depth of scholarships that usually hurts D2 teams when playing up to FCS teams.
                    Reminds me of the smack down midwestern took at Mankato in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Comment

Yeah, because that's what Commerce is known for. *Eye Roll*

;)

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

THAT was a spanking. I think Mankato had over 500 yards rushing!

Comment

I think the talent level between DII and FCS is pretty close. Three may be more of the "two inches too short, tenth too slow" kids in DII.

The difference mostly comes down to depth between teams in these divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

I think the talent level between DII and FCS is pretty close. Three may be more of the "two inches too short, tenth too slow" kids in DII.

The difference mostly comes down to depth between teams in these divisions.
                              So the question remains.....does TAMUC still recruit the same talent, but just more players? Or do many of these players go to other Texas DII programs.

Also, TAMUC attracted some top talent since they won a Natty. Now that they will no longer be a potential division powerhouse, do they lose that edge in recruiting.

So many IFS!!

Comment

So the question remains.....does TAMUC still recruit the same talent, but just more players? Or do many of these players go to other Texas DII programs.

Also, TAMUC attracted some top talent since they won a Natty. Now that they will no longer be a potential division powerhouse, do they lose that edge in recruiting.

So many IFS!!
                                Just a guess, but I would venture to say that they still recruit at least half of the kids they have been. They may be able to get more 3 stars.

Look at how NDSU did it. Still recruited the same kids, but also got more of them, and a few closer to 4 stars.

But then, I have never been the HC of any program...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X