Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo @ CWU

Nice 4th qtr win for Angelo.

14-9 Angelo State over Central Washington U.

The teams combined for 455 yards of offense and completion percentage under 40%.

It was a defensive struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      Nice 4th qtr win for Angelo.

14-9 Angelo State over Central Washington U.
      A very ugly win, but still a W.

Again the defense played well but the offense struggled; only around 270 yards, but the "D" only allowed CWU to around 200.

Again, special teams hurt: two blocked punts and three missed field goals.

ASU was down 9-7 with 3:41 left in the game and starting on their own 31. They drive the length odf the field and scored with just under a minute in the game and held on to win.

ASU has been road warriors so far, logging over 7,000 miles (St. Louis, MO, Chadron, Nebraska, and Ellensburg, WA) during 3 of the first 4 weeks, and winning all three away games.

Through all of that, I am still unsure what they have this year other than a good defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
        The teams combined for 455 yards of offense and completion percentage under 40%.

It was a defensive struggle.
        Angelo's rushing game & two int's by Angelo were the difference.

CWU gave up two plays during Angelo's last drive that won the game.

Congrats to Angelo on a big win!

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

A very ugly win, but still a W.

Again the defense played well but the offense struggled; only around 270 yards, but the "D" only allowed CWU to around 200.

Again, special teams hurt: two blocked punts and three missed field goals.

ASU was down 9-7 with 3:41 left in the game and starting on their own 31. They drive the length odf the field and scored with just under a minute in the game and held on to win.

ASU has been road warriors so far, logging over 7,000 miles (St. Louis, MO, Chadron, Nebraska, and Ellensburg, WA) during 3 of the first 4 weeks, and winning all three away games.

Through all of that, I am still unsure what they have this year other than a good defense.
          Start QB out makes a difference.

Angelo appears to have a strong run game & good defense. BUT I seen them destroyed through the air vs MSU.
          Last edited by ASUPops; 09-26-2021, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Start QB out makes a difference.

Angelo appears to have a strong run game & good defense. BUT I seen the destroyed through the air vs MSU.
            I agree, and not to take anything away from MSU, or make excuses for ASU, but a lot of that yardage that MSU got was on three or four long plays that were the result of busted coverage. Now, don't get me wrong, you might be able to write-off one play, but when you are consistently blowing coverages, like ASU did in that game, it kills you, and you get beat 35-17 (and it didn't even look that close).
            On the other hand, IF (notice that is a BIG if) you can fix that problem, or at least mitigate it, you don't get run out of the stadium like MSU did to them.

Of course, it might not be feasible to fix that problem, or it might have been MSU's system being able to exploit that problem. If that's the case, that problem will repeat itself again against a moderately good passing team (UTPB, TAMU-Commerce, WTAMU, etc.) and it will be a very long year!

We shall see if it was a one-off, or a persistent deficiency because I expect those teams mentioned above to look at the MSU film and test ASU to see if they fixed that problem. I know I would if I were on the other side of the ball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X