Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Oh, I agree. It's the 2-4 weeks into football season and those fans jump ship and only talk about their winning women's sports. HOWEVER, if WT football is winning, those SAME few talk so much sh!t on the board. Do you want to be in a fox hole with that kind of person? Me neither.

Listen, I am a life long (from the age of 5) Dallas Cowboys fan I KNOW what it's like to have a team NOT win. It's tough knowing we are the RICHEST and most popular sports organization in THE WORLD and can't get a Ship in 26 YEARS. But EVERY season; EVERY game day, I am there....full blown like we are the champions..WIN, LOSE, or DRAW I am there with FULL support. Even in a 0-16 season, I am THERE. And I talk Cowboys 24/7 365.

I too am like that with other teams I support.

Maybe it's the Marine in me. Semper Fi, Do or Die.
    Right, wrong, or indifferent its easier to jump ship in the football LSC D2 world because there isn't a real (not round robin junk) LSC championship game and you are usually out of playoff discussion by loss 3 unless there is a bowl to attend close by and even then its going to be low interest. Even in D2 basketball and baseball a team can get hot in the LSC tournament with an 8-26 record and go to the regional playoffs running the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Right, wrong, or indifferent its easier to jump ship in the football LSC D2 world because there isn't a real (not round robin junk) LSC championship game and you are usually out of playoff discussion by loss 3 unless there is a bowl to attend close by and even then its going to be low interest. Even in D2 basketball and baseball a team can get hot in the LSC tournament with an 8-26 record and go to the regional playoffs running the table.
      WT either declined or asked not to be considered for a bowl a couple of years ago in the 8-3 season. Personally I think post season contests are good for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        One other point about loyal fans......I will NEVER FORGET when LionFan was the ONLY consistent TAMUC poster on this board. And I am talking when TAMUC was the whipping post for d@mn near every team. He was beat up and bullied....but took every bit of it. His loyalty is/was impressive. And although back in the day I was an azz to him, I ALWAYS respected him. I must admit, that I was so d@mn happy for him when TAMUC finally won a Ship.
        I really appreciate that pops, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

I really appreciate that pops, thanks
          Yes Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I can meet you half way on this. WT will show up.
            SMDH ;)

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post

Lion football B.C. was bad. I remember sitting in the rain at the Cotton Bowl against ranked ACU with a 1 or 2 win Lion team. Lions went to overtime and promptly lost on a pick 6.
              I still don't understand why Morriss didnt go for the 2 point conversion in regulation to win it...

Comment

I will be there with my wife just like I always am. Still rep my WT stuff everywhere I go but I can't help but be disappointed in the direction the program is headed. Regardless I will always represent because like Pops ....loyalty is in my genes. Must be the NAVY in me.

Comment

THIS
                  The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I am NOT advocating for this at all but just an observation...

At the University of Texas fans, boosters, donors, etc. were happy with Charlie Strong and Tom Herman for a few years until it was obvious that they were overmatched. Big money donors started squawking and the patient 5-6 year plan that administration kept touting turned into a 3 year dumpster fire and showed both of them out the door.

Hate to use the phrase "at the D2 level" but here there aren't as many fans or donors to really put heat on anyone to care. However if the big donors WT has were to get fed up with it and start withdrawing their yearly support then I have a feeling the administration would be more apt to listen to feelings about coaching or D1 a lot more.

Again just an observation and not advocating for it. I will say I have personally seen at another small university recently where the donor pressure was applied and that coach was finally dismissed.

Comment

This thread preassumes WT will even be in the game.

I'm unconvinced the current staff can get the Buffs ready to compete to win.

I want to be convinced, but...............so far, I have to trust my eyes.

Oh, by the way, I will be attending my first Buff game since 2018. Having only missed 11 games between 1968 and 2018 (missed two seasons while living in Albuquerque in '79 and '80), my paralysis prevented me from making anything in person for '19 and '20.

I am fired up for seeing our new stadium, doing some tailgating, seeing friends, and watching Buff FB in person regardless of the outcome. I'm BACK baby! Wheelchair and all. Ha!
                      Last edited by BuffaloChip; 10-07-2021, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Oh, by the way, I will be attending my first Buff game since 2018. Having only missed 11 games between 1968 and 2018 (missed two seasons while living in Albuquerque in '79 and '80), my paralysis prevented me from making anything in person for '19 and '20.

I am fired up for seeing our new stadium, doing some tailgating, seeing friends, and watching Buff FB in person regardless of the outcome. I'm BACK baby! Wheelchair and all. Ha!
                        That's awesome, Chip. I hope WT shows out for your first game in awhile. Have a blast!

Comment

REAL fan & supporter!!! Very refreshing.

Comment

Comment

Awesome news chip! Hope to see you at the commerce game, it's been a long time

Comment

Counting down to kick-off. I for one think this is going to be a slobber-knocker. And the game of the week.

However, if all WT posters are correct, then WT will get their azzes handed to them.....I'm ok with that too!!! 70707

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X