Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commerce Football

In my opinion, the theme for this year in Commerce should be NO EXCUSES. Anything less than a deep playoff run is cause for big concern. Last season we were driving with 2 minutes left to win at Tarleton. We should be better this year, period.

Bailiff has a loaded pantry of offense, defense, and special teams. Returning QB Wilson is just 2 years from an undefeated Juco NC, and while he was a beat or 2 slow getting rid of the ball early in the season he really started to put it together late. 2 returning junior RBs in Hale and Thompson, both of whom have been starters since they were freshmen. Hale is a pound and run you over kind of back and Thompson is fast and shifty. I expect them to both be close to 1000 yds this season as I dont think Bailiff will be as pass heavy as Colby was. We return a big SR TE in Guice, 4 senior wide-outs. NO EXCUSES

Defensively, our backfield will be outstanding. LA Dawson and JE Cooper were pretty much shut-down defenders by late in the season, and Dominique Ramsey is back to ball hawk. LBs are all experienced and athletic, and I understand pressuring the QB will be an emphasis this season. Coach Adibi says his style is to be VERY aggressive, so he's gonna set the dogs loose. NO EXCUSES

On special teams we lost the all-time lsc points leader in Kicker Kristov Martinez. I have no info on any other kickers on the roster. We have, if not the best then a top 3 or 4 in all of DII, return guy in Ramsey. Im expecting a big play every time he gets the ball kicked to him, and it usually happens.

As far as Im concerned, Bailiff should be able to deliver immediately, and if he doesn't then this program will regress in a hurry.

Oh, and the new turf is down. Looks nice: https://lionathletics.com/galleries/?gallery=334
    Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 07-30-2019, 01:51 PM.

Re: Commerce Football

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Oh, and the new turf is down. Looks nice: https://lionathletics.com/galleries/?gallery=334
    That looks SO MUCH better than the big-headed Lion.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
      That looks SO MUCH better than the big-headed Lion.
      Agreed. It could've been an excuse with how ugly it was but now, NO EXCUSES!

Comment

In my opinion, the theme for this year in Commerce should be NO EXCUSES. Anything less than a deep playoff run is cause for big concern. Last season we were driving with 2 minutes left to win at Tarleton. We should be better this year, period.

Bailiff has a loaded pantry of offense, defense, and special teams. Returning QB Wilson is just 2 years from an undefeated Juco NC, and while he was a beat or 2 slow getting rid of the ball early in the season he really started to put it together late. 2 returning junior RBs in Hale and Thompson, both of whom have been starters since they were freshmen. Hale is a pound and run you over kind of back and Thompson is fast and shifty. I expect them to both be close to 1000 yds this season as I dont think Bailiff will be as pass heavy as Colby was. We return a big SR TE in Guice, 4 senior wide-outs. NO EXCUSES

Defensively, our backfield will be outstanding. LA Dawson and JE Cooper were pretty much shut-down defenders by late in the season, and Dominique Ramsey is back to ball hawk. LBs are all experienced and athletic, and I understand pressuring the QB will be an emphasis this season. Coach Adibi says his style is to be VERY aggressive, so he's gonna set the dogs loose. NO EXCUSES

On special teams we lost the all-time lsc points leader in Kicker Kristov Martinez. I have no info on any other kickers on the roster. We have, if not the best then a top 3 or 4 in all of DII, return guy in Ramsey. Im expecting a big play every time he gets the ball kicked to him, and it usually happens.

As far as Im concerned, Bailiff should be able to deliver immediately, and if he doesn't then this program will regress in a hurry.

Has Wilson left??? He is no longer on the 2019 roster as of today and on his Twitter he is selling his furniture "asap".....
        https://twitter.com/QB_kane504/statu...62412020068355

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          Has Wilson left??? He is no longer on the 2019 roster as of today and on his Twitter he is selling his furniture "asap".....
          https://twitter.com/QB_kane504/statu...62412020068355
          Well that's new, he has been on campus all summer . I will see what I can find out tomorrow.

Comment

Well that's new, he has been on campus all summer . I will see what I can find out tomorrow.
            Ok.

DM me.....I may have some info, just not sure how accurate it is.

Comment

Comment

I think Bailiff will go with a transfer he has history with. Wilson I believe is done.

Comment

No.

Comment

No inside info here but I suspect Bailiff blindsided WT and got Houghtaling to transfer to Commerce. Thus the sudden departure of Wilson with Houghtalings arrival

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                      No inside info here but I suspect Bailiff blindsided WT and got Houghtaling to transfer to Commerce. Thus the sudden departure of Wilson with Houghtalings arrival
                      Maybe it was an even trade!:wink:

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        I think Bailiff will go with a transfer he has history with. Wilson I believe is done.

I guess you mean Smalls. He's not listed on the roster either.
                        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

I don't know, Pueblo lost 9 starters on defense along with 2 very productive RBs and several other guys who contributed to a lot of wins the last few years. They also have no idea who is going to win the QB job. What to expect from CSUP is unknown this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                            I guess you mean Smalls. He's not listed on the roster either.
                            Our website roster isn't up to date.

Comment

If the Lions knock off CSU Pueblo at their place on Sep 28, they could be a force to reckon with.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X