Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commerce Football

Originally posted by Mattportman View Post
    Phase one of a 3 part project from what I understand...extremely proud the administration and donors for putting the student athletes first, they deserve it most. The lipstick on Memorial Stadium is character, game day experience, and the Natty and that very much does it for me :)

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      Wait til you get to watch the retirees and handicapped folks try to get to their seats and negotiate the dilapidated, uneven stairs. It's like a game within the game. They need to spend money in smarter ways.

Comment

The great Donovan Lewis from The Ticket in Dallas will be handling PA duties at Memorial Stadium in Commerce this season...pretty awesome!

Comment

While your sporting those navy and gold sunglasses do us a favor. Go to the stadium a couple of hours early before the game walk around and actually really inspect it and then you will either keep your blinders on as a true homer or you will come to the conclusion that TAMUC deserves better.
          Last edited by Techster88; 08-17-2019, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            While your sporting those navy and gold sunglasses do us a favor. Go to the stadium a couple of hours early before the game walk around and actually really inspect it and then you will either keep your blinders on as a true homer or you will come to the conclusion that TAMUC deserves better.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
              The great Donovan Lewis from The Ticket in Dallas will be handling PA duties at Memorial Stadium in Commerce this season...pretty awesome!
              I like listening to Donovan, but he doesn't seem to have a PA type voice. Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                He definitely has the largest of shoes to fill, replacing the great Roger Emrich is impossible. Another great example of how we embrace our own.

Comment

Commerce has an 8am scrimmage scheduled for Saturday, followed by a meet & greet on the field immediately after in case anyone is interested.

Comment

Defense looked outstanding today. Gonna be a real challenge for anyone to score on them much this year I think. The offense looked solid. I think they will look even better when they arent playing against our defense. Miklo Smalls got first reps at QB, if that means anything. Good looking athlete. Made throws on time and has good running ability. Made one or 2 questionable throws and put the ball on the ground once or twice though. 3rd reps at QB was, I think, Gunnar Palacios. He looked really good. Strong accurate arm and can tuck & run with quickness. Our WR Corp is the biggest I've seen here in commerce. Most of them looked to be 6`2 or better. They should give opponents lots of matchup problems. Let's get it on! Should be another outstanding year here for these guys.

edit: also the kicking game was God awful. Hope it doesnt bite us in the ass this year.
                    Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 08-24-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Comment

Yeham Kristov Martinez was sitting a couple seats over from me during the scrimmage. I was tempted to try to get him to grow some facial hair, dye his hair blonde, change his name to Chris Martin, and re enroll.

Comment

What specifically was wrong with the kicking game? I had planned on going but could not make it.........

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post
                            What specifically was wrong with the kicking game? I had planned on going but could not make it.........
                            Couldnt make an extra point, couldnt make a field goal. I believe I saw one successful attempt out of 6 or 7 kicks while I was there.

Comment

Lions will be on ESPN3 twice this year, against Midwestern and West Texas

Comment

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...es/2128793001/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X