X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by texcap View Post

I don't think so because I thin you have to be in the top 8 (?) in the regional rankings to get the earned access and I doubt a 3-loss team would be in the top 8.
    From the NCAA's D2 football pre-championhship manual (emphasis mine):

Earned Access. No conference will receive automatic qualification for the 2021 NCAA Division II Football Championship. on the selection Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    This weeks LSC rankings. Source: https://www.versussportssimulator.com/D2/rankings
    They really love the PSAC in their rankings.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    This weeks LSC rankings. Source: https://www.versussportssimulator.com/D2/rankings

They pick Commerce by 10 over WT this week. I think it will be more like 21 unless we have multiple defensive or special team scores.

15 Midwestern St Lone Star 2.49 5 1 17 2 36 41 41
    22 Angelo St Lone Star 2.25 5 2 38 16 38 59 25
    44 Texas-Permian Basin Lone Star 1.20 3 2 51 7 95 123 71
    50 TAMU-Commerce Lone Star 0.95 4 3 49 1 25 34 24
    61 West Texas A&M Lone Star 0.58 4 3 79 18 65 47 98
    69 TAMU-Kingsville Lone Star 0.32 2 3 76 7 75 127 22
    115 Eastern New Mexico Lone Star -1.03 2 4 110 5 121 75 152
    139 Western New Mexico Lone Star -2.14 1 6 142 3 150 133 159

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied
    Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
    The conference as whole is subpar this year.

Losses to WOU, SVSU, CWU, and a bad one to Western Colorado
    Less than impressive wins over SBU, Chadron
    No individuals in the national conversation. Will there be an All-American from the LSC this year?

on the positive side
    Win over CSUP, though they are down this year as well.
    close loss to Colorado Mines, possibly the only undefeated SR4 team at the end of the year.
    That's not much to hang your hat on.
    I agree the conference as a whole is down. No Tarleton and now the distraction of Commerce leaving had to have some effect on them last night. WT is weaker than years past although maybe they can salvage a subpar season with some more surprises. Midwestern looked average against UTPB in the spring. Angelo State was the one promising looking school until the faceplant last night. At this point I believe its going to be only ONE LSC team in the playoffs by default. I wouldn't rule out UTPB winning the conference but they will most likely stumble twice before the season ends.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

There are no automatic qualifiers in the DII football championship, which is unique to DII football compared to other DII tournaments.
    Yes sir I am well aware there are no automatic qualifiers which is why earned access can be used to get a conference champ in there not ranked in top 8, top 10, etc. Its been used a handful of times that I recall.

If MSU wins out its a moot point.

Leave a comment:

• JavsFan
    replied
    The conference as whole is subpar this year.

Losses to WOU, SVSU, CWU, and a bad one to Western Colorado
    Less than impressive wins over SBU, Chadron
    No individuals in the national conversation. Will there be an All-American from the LSC this year?

on the positive side
    Win over CSUP, though they are down this year as well.
    close loss to Colorado Mines, possibly the only undefeated SR4 team at the end of the year.
    That's not much to hang your hat on.

Leave a comment:

• AngeloFan
    replied
    Forgetting earned access. Unless things have changed, LSC gets at least one spot. That team is selected by the regional selection committee and does not necessarily depend on conference standings..

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Gotcha. I thought it was top 10 but its been a while since I have followed the earned access rule. I had to look it up to see if it still existed.
    There are no automatic qualifiers in the DII football championship, which is unique to DII football compared to other DII tournaments.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by texcap View Post

I don't think so because I thin you have to be in the top 8 (?) in the regional rankings to get the earned access and I doubt a 3-loss team would be in the top 8.
    Gotcha. I thought it was top 10 but its been a while since I have followed the earned access rule. I had to look it up to see if it still existed.

Leave a comment:

• texcap
    replied
    JakeTAMUC and ASUPops:

Which begs the question if Commerce wins out and MSU loses out would a 3 loss Commerce receive earned access?

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    JakeTAMUC and ASUPops:

Which begs the question if Commerce wins out and MSU loses out would a 3 loss Commerce receive earned access?

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Well my bold predictions came true that MSU and UTPB would be at the top of the standings going into the last half of the season (Insert eye roll emoji here).

It is looking more likely that the LSC may only get one team in the playoffs. Could there be an outside chance that a 3 loss LSC champion may need earned access?

MSU looks to still be in the drivers seat with wins over Commerce and Angelo St. However the WT and UTPB games are no longer a given with MSU's own recent struggles.

Could the MSU vs. UTPB game at the end of the year decide the LSC championship?

Can Commerce, WT, or Angelo St. run the table and sneak into the playoffs with help?

Has the LSC gotten stronger as a whole and catching up to teams like Commerce or is the whole conference weaker than in the past?

Should be a fun last half of the season.
    I believe only 3 LSC teams left that can make the playoffs: MIDWESTERN; UTPB; ANGELO. All others have been eliminated.

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    started a topic 2021 State of LSC Football

2021 State of LSC Football

Well my bold predictions came true that MSU and UTPB would be at the top of the standings going into the last half of the season (Insert eye roll emoji here).

It is looking more likely that the LSC may only get one team in the playoffs. Could there be an outside chance that a 3 loss LSC champion may need earned access?

MSU looks to still be in the drivers seat with wins over Commerce and Angelo St. However the WT and UTPB games are no longer a given with MSU's own recent struggles.

Could the MSU vs. UTPB game at the end of the year decide the LSC championship?

Can Commerce, WT, or Angelo St. run the table and sneak into the playoffs with help?

Has the LSC gotten stronger as a whole and catching up to teams like Commerce or is the whole conference weaker than in the past?

Should be a fun last half of the season.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X