Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the tav View Post

Those expenses the last few years are getting tougher and tougher to make with alumni donations going down from previous years. We've lost some of our wealthier donors for what I think are for selfish reasons. Just my opinion. But, we could do so much better in fundraising with someone who is creative in that position. I've always thought a cash cow fundraising idea is with our location being the World Mecca of Hops. Is creating a CWU IPA Craft Beer with some of our Alumni Craft brewers in Yakima. Serve the Beer at games with 100% of sales going to Athletics. And the local Taverns and Restaurants in Ellensburg and Yakima giving 50% of profit going to Athletics. And whatever Craft Brewery that makes the Beer giving 50% or more of the sales to CWU Athletics. Maybe CWU should've hired me. HaHa... bottom line with the climate that we're currently in with all the travel expenses our donations have to go up if we want to continue to be able to compete
    What are the reasons you are hearing of why wealthy donors are leaving?

I don't think the AD is creative. There are more than 75,000 CWU alums in the greater Puget Sound region. Get an average of $100/alum and it is 7.5MM.

As well, what are they doing for outreach or gathering alums at away games? I have hosted tailgates when they have played in Montana. Invited Gaudino and he showed up. I travel to away games as well. Not a peep from AD. I just think they are out of touch unless you can give in the mid five figures and above.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

What are the reasons you are hearing of why wealthy donors are leaving?

I don't think the AD is creative. There are more than 75,000 CWU alums in the greater Puget Sound region. Get an average of $100/alum and it is 7.5MM.

As well, what are they doing for outreach or gathering alums at away games? I have hosted tailgates when they have played in Montana. Invited Gaudino and he showed up. I travel to away games as well. Not a peep from AD. I just think they are out of touch unless you can give in the mid five figures and above.
      Guess I need to clarify. That the most generous donors not necessarily the wealthiest donors have not made donatiois or have been less generous. I'm trying not to walk on egg shells or be too vague but your observations or experiences are on the right path regarding the AD. Common theme from some Alumni is a massive disconnect with reaching out to Alumni. Some of the coaching moves or firings of a certain coach and former Alumni didn't not go well with some of those donors.

Comment

Guess I need to clarify. That the most generous donors not necessarily the wealthiest donors have not made donatiois or have been less generous. I'm trying not to walk on egg shells or be too vague but your observations or experiences are on the right path regarding the AD. Common theme from some Alumni is a massive disconnect with reaching out to Alumni. Some of the coaching moves or firings of a certain coach and former Alumni didn't not go well with some of those donors.
        you., that one was not good.

Thanks. Glad you have been posting!

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

you., that one was not good.

Thanks. Glad you have been posting!
          HaHa.. Got tried of some of the BS on here. Figured I'd login when I saw CWU kids being attacked for transferring. Plus I seen that my Texas brother HOGSVRR from another Mother is still around.

Comment

Those expenses the last few years are getting tougher and tougher to make with alumni donations going down from previous years. We've lost some of our wealthier donors for what I think are for selfish reasons. Just my opinion. But, we could do so much better in fundraising with someone who is creative in that position. I've always thought a cash cow fundraising idea is with our location being the World Mecca of Hops. Is creating a CWU IPA Craft Beer with some of our Alumni Craft brewers in Yakima. Serve the Beer at games with 100% of sales going to Athletics. And the local Taverns and Restaurants in Ellensburg and Yakima giving 50% of profit going to Athletics. And whatever Craft Brewery that makes the Beer giving 50% or more of the sales to CWU Athletics. Maybe CWU should've hired me. HaHa... bottom line with the climate that we're currently in with all the travel expenses our donations have to go up if we want to continue to be able to compete
            Love the idea and I would drink my share for sure. I am concerned as well about the financial aspect of being able to compete. Some things need to change or I fear we will not be able to compete at D2 because of the travel costs with multiple flights, busing and hotel costs each year.

Comment

Personally, I would like to see CWU make the playoffs.

All in all, this has been an unusual year in D2 Football. Can I get an amen on that?

Comment

Yeah I think the covid year has definitely muddied the water

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Price View Post
                    Personally, I would like to see CWU make the playoffs.

All in all, this has been an unusual year in D2 Football. Can I get an amen on that?
                    nema.

It has been unusual.

Comment

Commerce also has the advantage of Pueblo and West Florida's OOC record for SOS. If Saginaw Valley finishes over .500 then add them to the help.

Comment

The upsets this weekend were CRAZY!

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...hat-you-missed

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X