Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Yes. Man went through a great deal. But it was amazing he survived as long as he did. I remember reading about his story a few years back.

Why do you feel like Hughes leaving didn't have a negative impact on the defense?
    Coach Leo was there (in Pueblo) from day 1 of the program, which surely helped. He was all in on "the Pack way" in addition to being a great coach that could connect with the players. Nothing against Hughes or his knowledge and ability to coach but Leo was able to connect with his guys in a way that Hughes didn't. Perhaps Hughes is/was more an old school type guy that is learning that kids now don't respond the same way to his style. This is all just speculation from a very outside view of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Coach Leo was there (in Pueblo) from day 1 of the program, which surely helped. He was all in on "the Pack way" in addition to being a great coach that could connect with the players. Nothing against Hughes or his knowledge and ability to coach but Leo was able to connect with his guys in a way that Hughes didn't. Perhaps Hughes is/was more an old school type guy that is learning that kids now don't respond the same way to his style. This is all just speculation from a very outside view of course.
      Like Pete Shinnick?

Comment

Like Pete Shinnick?
        I don't know his coaching style or ability to connect with his players so can't comment on that. I do know that Hunter was tough to play for and to work with while he was at Pueblo, not sure if that's still the case. I also saw the difference in how Leo connected with his guys and I think having fun while you play brings out the best. I wish the best for Hunter and WT, but said long ago there was a reason that he stayed as a DC for so long even with the success he had for several years. Again, all just personal observations, perhaps I'm entirely wrong...it happened once before.

Comment

I don't know his coaching style or ability to connect with his players so can't comment on that. I do know that Hunter was tough to play for and to work with while he was at Pueblo, not sure if that's still the case. I also saw the difference in how Leo connected with his guys and I think having fun while you play brings out the best. I wish the best for Hunter and WT, but said long ago there was a reason that he stayed as a DC for so long even with the success he had for several years. Again, all just personal observations, perhaps I'm entirely wrong...it happened once before.
          All who knows Pack "D" knows who really ran the defense and that was Coach Leo! After Hughes left and Wristen brought in a DC from Big Time USFL Las Vegas and Division 1 schools, I personally saw him on the sidelines confused with the defenses and Coach Leo bail him out more than once! Once Hunter told me that he had had many offers from other schools but was waiting for the right HC position and said he found it in West Texas. I wonder if he still makes calls to Wristen to kidney punch him once a month? Or did Wristen finally get smart and stop answering the calls. All is good when you have the right staff in place to hold all the pieces in place. But when a wrench gets thrown into it, well it falls apart like this year for CSUP.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post

Sorry, but I don't talk sh!t in sports.

7070707HAHAHAHA7070707
            Seriously, I've learned over the years there is always someone that knows more/better what the cause/effects are, and that Murphy and his dang law will bite you every chance given.

Comment

Seriously, I've learned over the years there is always someone that knows more/better what the cause/effects are, and that Murphy and his dang law will bite you every chance given.
              Murphy is gonna be around for a long time. Seams like he is always hungry to bit someone or team.

Comment

Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
                Great game Buffs, no matter who's coaching or what other posters are spouting about!!!!
                Congrats on doing what you should do every year!!! SMH This series shouldn't even be close.

Comment

Haha....same here.

Comment

Very, very true!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X