• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 7 LSC Schedule with Point Spreads

Just for fun and setting my own point spreads (D2 Records Only):

Western New Mexico (1-5) @ Texas A&M-Commerce (2-3):Texas A&M Commerce -22
    UTPB (3-0) @ Angelo State (4-2): Angelo State -3.5
    West Texas A&M (2-3) @ Eastern New Mexico (2-3): West Texas A&M -8
    Lincoln California (0-3) @ Texas A&M-Kingsville (2-3): Texas A&M-Kingsville -55
    Midwestern State (5-1) OPEN DATE

If Angelo State doesn't win this game their playoffs hopes albeit as dim as they are now will in all likelihood be over. This is definitely the game of the week in the LSC. Falcons are playing with a lot of confidence. The Rams will need to bring their A game and play with more self discipline. UTPB can score so this will a tough challenge for the Ram defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
      If Angelo State doesn't win this game their playoffs hopes albeit as dim as they are now will in all likelihood be over. This is definitely the game of the week in the LSC. Falcons are playing with a lot of confidence. The Rams will need to bring their A game and play with more self discipline. UTPB can score so this will a tough challenge for the Ram defense.
      Exactly.

It all comes down to what happens in the trenches....and play calling.. Angelo OC called a HORRIBLE game last week. They are a power running team with a top DII back, yet had 47 pass attempts. No wonder they lost to WT. 70707

As I predicted. Angelo overlooked WT and it cost them.

Angelo was playing GREAT in the trenches. But both losses were due to trench play.. not sure what happened, but their dominant trench play went on a vacation.

I am not so sure Angelo bounces back this week. I believe their season ends Saturday. I hope I am wrong. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Exactly.

It all comes down to what happens in the trenches....and play calling.. Angelo OC called a HORRIBLE game last week. They are a power running team with a top DII back, yet had 47 pass attempts. No wonder they lost to WT. 70707

As I predicted. Angelo overlooked WT and it cost them.

Angelo was playing GREAT in the trenches. But both losses were due to trench play.. not sure what happened, but their dominant trench play went on a vacation.

I am not so sure Angelo bounces back this week. I believe their season ends Saturday. I hope I am wrong. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
          Part of the reason that ASU passed a lot last week was due to being behind and having to play catch-up.The ASU secondary is prone to getting lost and leaving receivers open downfield. It appears that UTPB is poised to exploit that weakness this year.

I am with you on the outcome of this one; hoping they bounce back, but not convinced.
          The very first drive along had 8 pass attempts....EIGHT (8)!

Next drive....rush 4 tines and get 2 first downs! THEN pass three in a row and wind up with a 4th down..?????? Huh???

As stated, the play calling was HORRIBLE.

As far as giving up the big pass play,, this has been an ongoing issue through three different coaches. Fix that ONE issue and Angelo is possibly the LSC Champs 10 out of the past 12 seasons. Just baffling to me.
          Last edited by ASUPops; 10-16-2021, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

The very first drive along had 8 pass attempts....EIGHT (8)!

Next drive....rush 4 tines and get 2 first downs! THEN pass three in a row and wind up with a 4th down..?????? Huh???

As stated, the play calling was HORRIBLE.

As far as giving up the big pass play,, this has been an ongoing issue through three different coaches. Fix that ONE issue and Angelo is possibly the LSC Champs 10 out of the past 12 seasons. Just baffling to me.
            I think you are right. Angelo has a great running back and can run the ball well. Hard part, is they can and will struggle if they get behind and need to catchup fast. I was pretty surprised by their competent running game.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Price View Post

I think you are right. Angelo has a great running back and can run the ball well. Hard part, is they can and will struggle if they get behind and need to catchup fast. I was pretty surprised by their competent running game.
              Yes, I completely get having to adjust game plans based on point deficit. However, one must consider several factors BEFORE making knee-jerk adjustments. One being time & possessions. So, on average a team will have 3 possessions per quarter (I guess that was the case in the Angelo at WT game). At the half Angelo was down 2 scores (14 pts), knowing they have at least SIX possessions left. STOP PANICKING and making knee-jerk adjudstmrnts. Stick to your running game. IT WORKS. You have plenty of time AND possessions left to win this game.

Next, it's your starting QB's first game back since coming off injury. He IS rusty. AND he isn't a dynamic passing QB any way. AND you do not have the WRs any way. So.......you throw 8 out of 13 plays on your first drive.....yet get two first downs on 4 runs.....then abandon the run? Dear Angelo OC, ever heard of football analytics? If not, learn. If so, USE IT.

Not to mention a pick 6 and 14 penalties for 124 yards. COACH.......ever heard of DISCIPLINE????

Angelo didn't lose this game, they beat themselves. I saw it coming a mile away. It was so obvious.

Now WT needs to build off this win.
              Last edited by ASUPops; 10-16-2021, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Hogs up 45-14 with 14:38 left in the game. We've missed 4 XPs. How does that happen in college football?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X