Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

THIRTY accepted penalties in the Pueblo vs Highlands game totaling nearly 300 yards. And these weren't a bunch of personal fouls at once or any sort of skirmish that took place. The first half took nearly 2 hours.

Comment

Highlands as far as football is concerned is much different than they used to be which is nice. Still penalized often but it is no longer the trash talk or personal fouls...at least in the games I have seen. That game was tough to watch though, first half took about 2 hours to get through and I became very familiar with the referee's voice.

Comment

IMHO, this game will prove Hughes right. A team of seniors is hard to beat. Wt has 7 seniors - Commerce has 27.
        With Smalls back and a senior team, this game could be over at half-time.
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
          IMHO, this game will prove Hughes right. A team of seniors is hard to beat. Wt has 7 seniors - Commerce has 27.
          With Smalls back and a senior team, this game could be over at half-time.
          How so prove him right? Just curious what interview I missed.

I am starting to agree with you that he will probably be back if he beats at least two top 25 teams, definitely three of them (Angelo State or Commerce/Midwestern).

Its hard to imagine a better setup than they have had this year having all the strong teams at home to play and beat for a playoff spot. Most of those road games and decisions have been brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

How so prove him right? Just curious what interview I missed.

I am starting to agree with you that he will probably be back if he beats at least two top 25 teams, definitely three of them (Angelo State or Commerce/Midwestern).

Its hard to imagine a better setup than they have had this year having all the strong teams at home to play and beat for a playoff spot. Most of those road games and decisions have been brutal.
            When Hughes was hired he stated that Wt football would be built around 5th-year seniors. Wt can't get players to stay for 4 years much less five. His long-range plan is a failure by any standard. To win he must change his recruiting, other schools have.
            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Comment

So the 1st quarter is nearly over and WT hasn't thrown a pass? How imaginative. NOT.

Comment

5-0 Commerce, end q1.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                    5-0 Commerce, end q1.
                    The stats shows 3-0.

In the first quarter, WT had 30 yards total offense, all on the ground. What a genius the OC is!

Special thanks to the indifferent web site designers that don't know how to handle an ampersand. "Tex. Aamp;M-Commerce vs West Tex. Aamp;M" ; it's been like that all year.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

The stats shows 3-0.

In the first quarter, WT had 30 yards total offense, all on the ground. What a genius the OC is!

Special thanks to the indifferent web site designers that don't know how to handle an ampersand. "Tex. Aamp;M-Commerce vs West Tex. Aamp;M" ; it's been like that all year.

Comment

https://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=353816

[SG] GERBER, Nick pass incomplete, ruled intentional grounding. AMC SAFETY, score nullified by penalty (Play was confirmed after review). PENALTY WTA Intentional Grounding on GERBER, Nick enforced at the spot of the foul for a result of a 8 yard sack loss after the change of possession to the WTA0, penalty results in a loss of down, from the the spot of the ball when the foul occurred, -8 yards credited to passer and receiver on the play.

Comment

Halftime, still 5-0 no matter what the stats say. This is not very good football from either team.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                            Halftime, still 5-0 no matter what the stats say. This is not very good football from either team.
                            It's not just wishful thinking that the safety was allowed? The online stats aren't fantastic but they usually have the score right.

Looks like the OC kicked the WT offense into high gear! Gerber passed for 38 yards in the second quarter alone, on just 8 attempts! WT now has an amazing 86 total yards of offense, but still no points at halftime.

I got online late and decided not to pay the $10 to watch this, after I paid $10 last night to watch softball.

Is Harris hurt, or did he just get tired of running it up the middle? I hope he's okay.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

It's not just wishful thinking that the safety was allowed? The online stats aren't fantastic but they usually have the score right.

Looks like the OC kicked the WT offense into high gear! Gerber passed for 38 yards in the second quarter alone, on just 8 attempts! WT now has an amazing 86 total yards of offense, but still no points at halftime.

I got online late and decided not to pay the $10 to watch this, after I paid $10 last night to watch softball.

Is Harris hurt, or did he just get tired of running it up the middle? I hope he's okay.

Comment

Intentional grounding from the end zone is a safety and 2 points fro the defense. Refs awarded a safety, Announcers say it is 5-0, scoreboards in the stadium say it is 5-0.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X