Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Colby Carthel to Texas Tech?

Lubbock news reporting that Matt Wells is terminated at Texas Tech. Since Tech keeps hiring ex WT coaches in multiple sports and SFA almost beat then earlier this season?

Reports: Texas Tech Head Coach Matt Wells terminated (kcbd.com)

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    Lubbock news reporting that Matt Wells is terminated at Texas Tech. Since Tech keeps hiring ex WT coaches in multiple sports and SFA almost beat then earlier this season?

I would like to see Sonny Dykes be offered the Job.

Comment

I think I would pass on Tech, unless the money is sky high and guaranteed. I always thought Kliff Kingsbury was a marginal college coach, but look what he's done in the NFL. So like with the Houston Texans, it doesn't really matter who the coach is, they aren't going to be great.

However, I would be THRILLED if Hughes took his entire staff to Tech. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by WT&TTECHfan View Post

I would like to see Sonny Dykes be offered the Job.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I think I would pass on Tech, unless the money is sky high and guaranteed. I always thought Kliff Kingsbury was a marginal college coach, but look what he's done in the NFL. So like with the Houston Texans, it doesn't really matter who the coach is, they aren't going to be great.

However, I would be THRILLED if Hughes took his entire staff to Tech. ;)

I bet you would.

Comment

Cartel has proven he can coach. He should toss his name in the hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
              Carthel has proven he can coach. He should toss his name in the hat.
              Yeah, he and his dad are great coaches. It's Tech that is the problem.

Comment

Comment

Just seeing what Dykes is doing at Smu is pretty good but true could be another Matt Wells at Utah State fluke.Jeff Traylor from Utsa has been mention but not sure I would put all my money on him.Carthel would be a great hire
                  I think this is the winning line regarding Carthel. Not as much about him (Carthel), but the downside risk is too big for Horcut.

Comment

Comment

Just seeing what Dykes is doing at Smu is pretty good but true could be another Matt Wells at Utah State fluke.Jeff Traylor from Utsa
                      The state champion Gilmer, Texas HS coach has done well at the FBS level. He knows how to recruit Texas. He would be my pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

The state champion Gilmer, Texas HS coach has done well at the FBS level. He knows how to recruit Texas. He would be my pick.
                        Yeah I think Todd Dodge left Southlake Carroll in the mid 2000's to coach North Texas. Not a power 5 school obviously but those rare jumps have been made.

Comment

Yeah I think Todd Dodge left Southlake Carroll in the mid 2000's to coach North Texas. Not a power 5 school obviously but those rare jumps have been made.
                          And he was a disaster!!!!

Comment

Comment

Actually Jake he is busy coaching Mt Vernon HS. He is in your neck of the woods. You should go to one of his Friday Night games. My Vernon has been a lot better since he took over. My granddads home town.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X