Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&M System names sole finalist for Tarleton President

https://www.tarleton.edu/scripts/pre...ay.asp?id=6119

Dr. James Hurley will be the next president of Tarleton.

Re: A&M System names sole finalist for Tarleton President

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
    https://www.tarleton.edu/scripts/pre...ay.asp?id=6119

Dr. James Hurley will be the next president of Tarleton.
    As far as football and wanting to move to D1, this is a very, very peculiar hire. I guess I was rooting for a football guy, and more specifically either someone with D1 experience or D2 to D1 transitional experience.

Very peculiar indeed.

Comment

https://www.tarleton.edu/scripts/pre...ay.asp?id=6118

More Tarleton growth as building number # 2 in Fort Worth is scheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        As far as football and wanting to move to D1, this is a very, very peculiar hire. I guess I was rooting for a football guy, and more specifically either someone with D1 experience or D2 to D1 transitional experience.

Very peculiar indeed.

They should have hired a football coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
          Or promoted Reisman?

Comment

They should have hired a great academic who knows the value of a winning football program and IF TSU really wanted to move to D1, they would have hired a person from D1....or better yet, if possible, a person who transitioned a school from D2 to D1 or was in the Admin that did so.

With Dr. D stepping down, and now this hire, I believe big daddy A&M does not want any A&M affiliated school moving to D1. This is strictly my theory based on some things I have seen, read, and heard......but I don't believe big daddy A&M donors want these schools competing for recruits in any sport.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
              They should have hired a great academic who knows the value of a winning football program and IF TSU really wanted to move to D1, they would have hired a person from D1....or better yet, if possible, a person who transitioned a school from D2 to D1 or was in the Admin that did so.

With Dr. D stepping down, and now this hire, I believe big daddy A&M does not want any A&M affiliated school moving to D1. This is strictly my theory based on some things I have seen, read, and heard......but I don't believe big daddy A&M donors want these schools competing for recruits in any sport.
              Ding, Ding, Ding - me think's we have a winner!!!!

Comment

I think the whole tarleton-to-D1 thing is a reality only in the minds of a select few. I suspect it was never talked about on any serious level, other than some long-toothed ball coach fantasizing about it and talking it up constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
                  I'm not sure they care that much. Let's be honest there is a difference between D1 SEC and D1 Southland. Football is going to be 2 stars vs 5 star recruits.

Coming to other sports (even like Tennis or baseball) TAMU funding, resources and facilities is going draw different recruits. That doesnt mean that schools like Sam Houston, SFA or a D1-Tarleton cant win occasionally. However to act like tamu regents fear D1 Tarleton is just silly
                  Tarleton State Texan
                  Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post
                    However to act like tamu regents fear D1 Tarleton is just silly
                    Agreed

Comment

I think the whole tarleton-to-D1 thing is a reality only in the minds of a select few.

Comment

How many A&M System schools not in College Station sponsor football and are competing at the Division I level? (This is largely rhetorical, but food for thought nonetheless.)

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                          https://www.tarleton.edu/scripts/pre...ay.asp?id=6118

More Tarleton growth as building number # 2 in Fort Worth is scheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post
                            How many A&M System schools not in College Station sponsor football and are competing at the Division I level? (This is largely rhetorical, but food for thought nonetheless.)
                            Prairie View

Comment

[QUOTE=chrisattsu;2406312 However to act like tamu regents fear D1 Tarleton is just silly[/QUOTE]

You too are entitled to your opinion, but nothing in what I said indicating the regents "feared" TSU or anyone else. That is just your spin of something not said or implied. The TAMU regents are all about building a system as is UT and several others. They want to build a total enrollment base, but athletics is not their focus. Take a look at the new presidents hired in many of our system universities that are not inclined toward D1 - maybe a pattern? The system money seems aimed at overall enrollment growth - the satellites are having to find their own sources of athletic money.

Fact is that several years ago the NCAA and major powers tried to make it tougher to move to D1 & that has not really worked as well as they planned. I suspect more changes in the D1 arena are not too far away.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X