Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A&M System names sole finalist for Tarleton President

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
    You too are entitled to your opinion, but nothing in what I said indicating the regents "feared" TSU or anyone else. That is just your spin of something not said or implied. The TAMU regents are all about building a system as is UT and several others. They want to build a total enrollment base, but athletics is not their focus. Take a look at the new presidents hired in many of our system universities that are not inclined toward D1 - maybe a pattern? The system money seems aimed at overall enrollment growth - the satellites are having to find their own sources of athletic money.

Fact is that several years ago the NCAA and major powers tried to make it tougher to move to D1 & that has not really worked as well as they planned. I suspect more changes in the D1 arena are not too far away.
    You are so dead on!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
      Prairie View
      Correct. They were already D1 when they became affiliated with A&M. Their program started in 1907. They affiliated with A&M in 1984.

No one in the A&M system has MOVED to D1 .....EVER.

Take it for what it's worth. BUT.....there is always a first. Right?

Comment

I honestly could care less about going D1. Stephenville is perfect for D2 with our proximity to the metroplex. The money spent on upgrading the campus is paying off with larger and larger enrollment figures = $$$$. Until they build the multipurpose building (arena which was in the 2020 plan) I don't think we will see a fisable D1 offer (other than the WAC). I really like all of the updates on campus (except for the hastily built, cheap housing).

That being said... the hire had to do with the best applicant for the size school we are, and someone who can promote the vision the campus and the A&M system have of Tarleton. Any body outside is merely speculating like I am. So, I am full of S#&@ and so are the rest of you because you are not on the board of regents, nor know what they want for TSU.

In the meantime.... I am really excited about the facility upgrades for both WT and TSU. All good things for the LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
          I honestly could care less about going D1. Stephenville is perfect for D2 with our proximity to the metroplex. The money spent on upgrading the campus is paying off with larger and larger enrollment figures = $$$$. Until they build the multipurpose building (arena which was in the 2020 plan) I don't think we will see a fisable D1 offer (other than the WAC). I really like all of the updates on campus (except for the hastily built, cheap housing).

That being said... the hire had to do with the best applicant for the size school we are, and someone who can promote the vision the campus and the A&M system have of Tarleton. Any body outside is merely speculating like I am. So, I am full of S#&@ and so are the rest of you because you are not on the board of regents, nor know what they want for TSU.

In the meantime.... I am really excited about the facility upgrades for both WT and TSU. All good things for the LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post

I am not on the BOR but Bill M. is an Associate of mine.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X