Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 WT Football Season Thread

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Biggest thing that stood out to me is the number of players out this year. Definitely up from last year. The 1st team OL was a little different, Parker Hanna LT, Chris Johnson LG, Tucker Kisel C, Lesone Smith RG, Zane Madison RT. Gerber is 1st string QB, Hood 2nd and Perez 3rd. Duke was suited out but didn't play much, didn't see Vallo. At receiver, one of the transfers caught a TD from Hood. Gerber was picked off by Tobias on one of the first drives, the secondary shouId be a strength imo. I didn't stay for the whole thing but both the offense and defense each had some moments. The DL is going to have some good numbers this year but I agree with the post above they need a little more size. Rivera, probably one of the biggest DL they have if not the biggest was out with his arm in a sling. I think overall they are going to be more athletic across the board this year, at least it appears to me after watching today. Whether that means more wins, IDK. I'm hopeful the offensive production will be up this year.
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Comment

You are 100% correct. WTAMU has NO EXCUSES this year. Much better talent....better coaches....better facilities.....better equipment.....netter support. NO EXCUSES. They should be either LSC Champs+ or runner-up....anything less, in my opinion, is a failure.

If you question that......I reference Colby Carthel @ TAMUC who won a NATTY with MUCH less.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
        Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
        Honestly I'd have to watch more to get a good opinion. The only group that doesn't meet the "eye" test is the DL. But I think Hughes likes smaller DL with a little more speed. OL has really good size, receivers are good sized, we know what the RBs can do if healthy. I feel the secondary will be a strong point this year. It's going to come down to OL play and the QB production to take the next step.

Comment

https://www.presspasssports.com/post...s-takes-a-leap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Honestly I'd have to watch more to get a good opinion. The only group that doesn't meet the "eye" test is the DL. But I think Hughes likes smaller DL with a little more speed. OL has really good size, receivers are good sized, we know what the RBs can do if healthy. I feel the secondary will be a strong point this year. It's going to come down to OL play and the QB production to take the next step.
            That like saying, to win the game you have to score more points than the other team. Of course it is going to come down to OL play and QB production

Comment

Not really. I know all teams can say the same thing, but the fact is those are the two weak areas for WT the last two seasons. They have to improve in order to be better this season. If they aren't, I don't see any reason to believe the team will win anymore games.

Comment

Anyone been to practice last week??
                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Nick Gerber is the official starter for week 1....

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	416243
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Comment

Comment

IMHO, Yes this is a must-win game. Need to start this season off right. Open the stadium with a win. There is a lot of excitement around the team, not just the new stadium. We need to compete for the conference title. Tarleton is the favorite to win and should do so. Another 6-5 year will not be acceptable. BTW - The Wagon Wheel needs to come home.
                        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

A friend called today. He's been to a couple practices in the past week. He said Gerber was hitting all his receivers, but the receivers had lot of drops. The offense is more varied. The WRs just need to catch the damn ball. He worries about DL depth and size. It's been three years. Why is DL depth and size an issue?

Comment

I have two general admission tickets to the game saturday that i wont be using. If you know anyone needing tickets, let me know.Just pm me and i will give you my phone number.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                                A friend called today. He's been to a couple practices in the past week. He said Gerber was hitting all his receivers, but the receivers had lot of drops. The offense is more varied. The WRs just need to catch the damn ball. He worries about DL depth and size. It's been three years. Why is DL depth and size an issue?
                                They brought in 4 DL transfers that have some experience. Have several good returners and a couple redshirts I think will be good. I saw Xavier Rivera was in a sling a couple weeks ago, but haven't been out since. Are there others injured also?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X