Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 WT Football Season Thread

Pretty much official. Nick Gerber is your QB for the 2019 season. The little I've seen so far, he is miles ahead of where we have been in that position the last few years.

Re: 2019 WT Football Season Thread

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    Pretty much official. Nick Gerber is your QB for the 2019 season. The little I've seen so far, he is miles ahead of where we have been in that position the last few years.

Comment

https://twitter.com/CBrakebill/statu...82982064054273

Quick interview with Gerber at practice.

Comment

HUGE upgrade at QB!!

Comment

https://twitter.com/CBrakebill/statu...82982064054273

Quick interview with Gerber at practice.

Comment

My main concern is the O-Line. Anyone have any updates? I talked to a few of the players the other day and they said Bassett has done a great job with them and are excited to see the improvements on the field. It seems like that has been our weakest spot other than QB play the past few years. But part of the QB play in my opinion is they were running for their life half the time or in long situations because the running game just couldnt get going.

Comment

My main concern is the O-Line. Anyone have any updates? I talked to a few of the players the other day and they said Bassett has done a great job with them and are excited to see the improvements on the field. It seems like that has been our weakest spot other than QB play the past few years. But part of the QB play in my opinion is they were running for their life half the time or in long situations because the running game just couldnt get going.
              I wish I knew more about so far this fall but what I observed in the spring is that the transfers were not running first team. Both Ederson and Close were 2nd team. I was hopeful both of them would be immediate starters. Josh Campbell is a RS FR and was starting at guard along with Lesone Smith Parker Hanna was the LT again and Tucker Kisel was the center. I don't remember the RT but I think it was Sawyer Ulmer. A lot of the same faces really, outside if Campbell. Only 3 of the freshmen OL last year returned after redshirting. The incoming class has a lot of size but it's hard to expect a bunch to make an impact this year. Bassett has said this class already has way more size than what's returning. I agree on the OL play, it's been the weakest link in Hughes first 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                I wish I knew more about so far this fall but what I observed in the spring is that the transfers were not running first team. Both Ederson and Close were 2nd team. I was hopeful both of them would be immediate starters. Josh Campbell is a RS FR and was starting at guard along with Lesone Smith Parker Hanna was the LT again and Tucker Kisel was the center. I don't remember the RT but I think it was Sawyer Ulmer. A lot of the same faces really, outside if Campbell. Only 3 of the freshmen OL last year returned after redshirting. The incoming class has a lot of size but it's hard to expect a bunch to make an impact this year. Bassett has said this class already has way more size than what's returning. I agree on the OL play, it's been the weakest link in Hughes first 2 years.
                I agree, I list the three biggest area of improvement needed is. (1) solid offense of line, one that can protect the quarterback, and open holes for the run game. (2) quarterback play, make open throws and protect the ball, and be a good game manager. (3) which is overlooked a lot is the kicking game, missed a lot of field goals after a long drives last couple of years. Considering we were 6 and 4 last year, and all three areas were poor at best. fixing two of the three areas would be a huge improvement this year.

Comment

OC Jake Brown gave a nice shout out to QB Max Perez in a interview posted on twitter.

Comment

I'm planning on going out to this afternoon's practice. Anyone else going to be out there?

Comment

I'm planning on going out to this afternoon's practice. Anyone else going to be out there?
                      Give us a good report. I'd like to go, but I've been laid up with a real sh!tty back for over 3 weeks. :crying:

Comment

Comment

You do know we can be improved and still finish 6-5.
                          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                            Give us a good report. I'd like to go, but I've been laid up with a real sh!tty back for over 3 weeks. :crying:
                            Biggest thing that stood out to me is the number of players out this year. Definitely up from last year. The 1st team OL was a little different, Parker Hanna LT, Chris Johnson LG, Tucker Kisel C, Lesone Smith RG, Zane Madison RT. Gerber is 1st string QB, Hood 2nd and Perez 3rd. Duke was suited out but didn't play much, didn't see Vallo. At receiver, one of the transfers caught a TD from Hood. Gerber was picked off by Tobias on one of the first drives, the secondary shouId be a strength imo. I didn't stay for the whole thing but both the offense and defense each had some moments. The DL is going to have some good numbers this year but I agree with the post above they need a little more size. Rivera, probably one of the biggest DL they have if not the biggest was out with his arm in a sling. I think overall they are going to be more athletic across the board this year, at least it appears to me after watching today. Whether that means more wins, IDK. I'm hopeful the offensive production will be up this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                              You do know we can be improved and still finish 6-5.
                              Explain to the "stockholders" how the company is better but still took a $200M loss. Hahaha....GOOD LUCK.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X