Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The WT web site said all games will be streamed free.
    also has schedule. I will say WT does a good job, multiple camers with floor cameras. May the best team win!

Comment

• Game Day: Earlier this year CM defeated WT 46 - 43. Wt only shot 27% from the field. Our offense is much better this time around. Karley has settled into her role and is playing much better.
      She was MVP of the conference tournament. If Lewis can stay out of foul trouble and the bench continue to contribute meaningful minutes, Wt should win by 10+
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• LCU leading Pueblo 44-42 going into the 4th.

Comment

• Final 65-57 LCU

Comment

• Mines and Commerce knotted up at 58 headed to the final period...

Comment

• 80-74 Commerce Final

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffAlum06 View Post
                80-74 Commerce Final

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                  Game Day: Earlier this year CM defeated WT 46 - 43. Wt only shot 27% from the field. Our offense is much better this time around. Karley has settled into her role and is playing much better.
                  She was MVP of the conference tournament. If Lewis can stay out of foul trouble and the bench continue to contribute meaningful minutes, Wt should win by 10+
                  The Buffs win 70-64. Wt was up by 19 at one point. Lewis did not stay out of foul trouble and the bench did not make a significant contribution. Wt will need to play much better to defeat a good TWU team. The bench must give us meaningful minutes.

Most of the time the deeper into the postseason a team gets, the more physical the game becomes. At one point both teams went over 2 minutes without getting a shot off due to the officials calling touch fouls. This has been the case the entire tournament. This hurts Wt and LCU more than the other teams, IMHO. The officials need to let the girls play. I had said, early in the season, that Wt could be a sweet 16 team. With one more victory, they will reach that point. This TEAM is a group of young lady's that are over-achievers. Defeating Commerce and LCU twice is very clear evidence of that. All of the higher seeds have won.

Comment

• Anyone have any info on why Jullian Sowell is not seeing any playing time. With our 2 guards playing almost the whole games, I would think she would see some time.She played all the games all 21 games last year and I thought she was a decent player, just wondering

Comment

• Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
                      Anyone have any info on why Jullian Sowell is not seeing any playing time. With our 2 guards playing almost the whole games, I would think she would see some time.She played all the games all 21 games last year and I thought she was a decent player, just wondering
                      Good question, anything I say would be pure speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
                        Anyone have any info on why Jullian Sowell is not seeing any playing time. With our 2 guards playing almost the whole games, I would think she would see some time.She played all the games all 21 games last year and I thought she was a decent player, just wondering
                        This is purely a guess and definitively from the outside looking in. I have not followed either basketball program near as closely as years past due to life becoming abundantly busy! However, my guess would be offensive production... This season she is .259 from the floor and .20 from behind the arc, you have 4 other guards averaging well above that in both categories. Taylor .37 floor and .34 from 3, Mtschenbacher .31 floor and .41 from 3, Williams .32 floor and .20 from 3, and Roberts .36 floor and .32

My question would be what took her from .40 last year to this years numbers. Does she not fit into the new system, is there something else going on?

Comment

• Wt v. LCU This should be a great game tonight. This will be the fourth meeting this year between the two teams. Wt has won 2 of the 3 previous meetings this year. There were 2,200 fans at the last game. Even with spring break Wt. should have around 2,000. This is two evenly matched teams. LCU shoots the ball better, Wt generally has more shot attempts. They are 1 and 2 in the conference in rebounds. Wt has the advantage in blocked shots. Wt also has the advantage in free throw percentage. Wt has taken 100 more 3-pt attempts. IF Wt shoots the ball well from 3 that could be the difference in the game.

In the past several years LCU has had the advantage in Coaching. That is no longer the case. I would say the coaching is even. LCU may have a slight advantage due to having been in this position before.

Once again the officials will determine the style of play. Both teams should be able to adjust.

I hope it's an injury-free game - may the best team win.

Comment

• WT wins the regional and advances to the elite 8. WT 59, LCU 54.

Comment

• The #23 Lady Buffs claimed the program's eighth South Central Regional Championship on Monday night as they outlasted the #19 Lubbock Christian Lady Chaps, 59-54 in a thriller in front of over 2,000 fans at the First United Bank Center in Canyon, Texas.

The win sends the Lady Buffs to the NCAA Division II Elite Eight on March 21-25 in Birmingham, Alabama while handing the reigning National Champion Lady Chaps their first ever defeat during NCAA regional play.

Tournament Most Outstanding Player Karley Motschenbacher led the way for the Lady Buffs as the freshman from Moorhead, Minnesota went 5-of-8 from the floor including 2-of-5 from deep and 4-of-5 from the charity stripe for a team-high 16 points to go along with eight rebounds, three assists, and a steal. Zamorye Roberts was also named to the All-Tournament team as the junior finished the night going 3-of-11 from the floor and 4-of-6 from the free-throw line for 11 points while grabbing six rebounds and dishing out four assists.

The Lady Buffs finished the night going 20-of-54 (37%) from the floor including 4-of-21 (19%) from behind the arc and 15-of-21 (71.4%) from the charity stripe with 35 rebounds (eight offensive, 27 defensive), 11 assists, six turnovers, one block, and four steals.

Juliana Robertson paced the LCU offense as the senior from Kerrville finished her stellar career going 4-of-6 from the floor including 6-of-8 from the free-throw line for a team-high 15 points to go along with 12 rebounds and two assists for a double-double. The Lady Chaps went 18-of-48 (37.5%) from the field including 3-of-10 (30%) from deep and 15-of-21 (71.4%) from the free-throw line with 32 rebounds, five assists, eight turnovers, and two steals.

Comment

• Great game atmosphere, plenty of noise, WTAMU band, lot of LCU fans and the game. Reminded me of the rivalary between ACC and WT in late 80's and early 90's when Bob Schnieder was the coach at WT and the games in the Box that was packed. Go Lady Buffs!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X