Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Gotta get permission from ASUPop first. He finally graciously allowed us to post a thread in the football forum.
    There was NOTHING gracious about it!

Comment

• Pretty standard M.O.

When a WT team sucks or is not winning the LSC Championship, etc., jump to WBB thread to divert attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Gotta get permission from ASUPop first. He finally graciously allowed us to post a thread in the football forum.
        I gave up on D2 FOOTBALL LSC Messageboard being a FOOTBALL messageboard.

It's mainly an ALL THINGS WT Messageboard. Majority of other posters left or stopped posting a long time ago.

On another post, a while ago, a WT poster said that during off-season they do OT threads because there isn't much to talk about. Not sure I buy that. On a D1 FBS I belong to its ONLY football talk YEAR round,and everyone respects that.

On the Dallas Cowboys board, it's FOOTBALL ALL YEAR. No one starts threads about the Mavericks or Stars. Because it's a FOOTBALL board.

Anyway, here at D2 "Do as the Romans".

Let's talk Angelo State baseball on the WT WBB thread!! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
          Can we talk about GNAC basketball in this thread? CWU Center Samantha Bowman led the nation in double-doubles and rebounding.
          I know nothing about the GNAC, however, Google is my friend. Wt did sign a girl out of the portal from NNU. On paper looks like she will make an impact.
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• West Texas A&M Women's Basketball head coach Josh Prock has announced the addition of Sam Houston State transfer and former Lady Buff Braylyn Dollar for the 2022-23 campaign.

"Braylyn is someone who the people of West Texas A&M are very familiar with. We are thrilled that she has decided to come back to WT to finish out her career. She will bring an athletic strong presence to our post position" said Prock "Braylyn will also bring versatility to our front line, she is someone who has the ability to score on the block and is able to step out and hit the open jump shot. Braylyn also is very comfortable with putting the ball on the floor and making plays."

Dollar spent the 2021-22 campaign at Sam Houston State in Huntsville, Texas as she saw time in 24 games for the Bearkats. The 6'0 forward went 11-of-32 (34.4%) from the floor including 2-of-4 (50%) from deep and 5-of-6 (83.3%) from the free-throw line to average 1.2 points per contest to go along with 39 rebounds (nine offensive, 30 defensives), five assists, three blocks, and six steals.

The Lubbock Monterey product saw time in 87 games with 11 starts for the Lady Buffs from 2018-2021. She averaged 18.7 minutes per game, going 203-of-406 (50%) from the floor while grabbing 438 rebounds to go along with 117 assists, 41 blocks and 80 steals to average 6.9 points per game. Dollar is a two-time winner of the Lone Star Conference Sixth Woman of the Year Award.

"It is also nice to be able to bring someone in who has experience of playing in the Lone Star Conference. As people know about our program defense is a strong priority for us and she is someone who is able to defend multiple positions which will give us a lot of versatility defensively" added Prock "I know a lot of supporters of West Texas A&M women's basketball a very excited to see Braylyn back in a Lady Buff uniform as are we and we look forward to seeing what she will be able to accomplish this coming year."

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
              West Texas A&M Women's Basketball head coach Josh Prock has announced the addition of Sam Houston State transfer and former Lady Buff Braylyn Dollar for the 2022-23 campaign.

"Braylyn is someone who the people of West Texas A&M are very familiar with. We are thrilled that she has decided to come back to WT to finish out her career. She will bring an athletic strong presence to our post position" said Prock "Braylyn will also bring versatility to our front line, she is someone who has the ability to score on the block and is able to step out and hit the open jump shot. Braylyn also is very comfortable with putting the ball on the floor and making plays."

Dollar spent the 2021-22 campaign at Sam Houston State in Huntsville, Texas as she saw time in 24 games for the Bearkats. The 6'0 forward went 11-of-32 (34.4%) from the floor including 2-of-4 (50%) from deep and 5-of-6 (83.3%) from the free-throw line to average 1.2 points per contest to go along with 39 rebounds (nine offensive, 30 defensives), five assists, three blocks, and six steals.

The Lubbock Monterey product saw time in 87 games with 11 starts for the Lady Buffs from 2018-2021. She averaged 18.7 minutes per game, going 203-of-406 (50%) from the floor while grabbing 438 rebounds to go along with 117 assists, 41 blocks and 80 steals to average 6.9 points per game. Dollar is a two-time winner of the Lone Star Conference Sixth Woman of the Year Award.

"It is also nice to be able to bring someone in who has experience of playing in the Lone Star Conference. As people know about our program defense is a strong priority for us and she is someone who is able to defend multiple positions which will give us a lot of versatility defensively" added Prock "I know a lot of supporters of West Texas A&M women's basketball a very excited to see Braylyn back in a Lady Buff uniform as are we and we look forward to seeing what she will be able to accomplish this coming year."
              I remember seeing her at a game in Huntsville and was thinking she played for WT a couple of years before that.

Good for her and welcome back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                Can we talk about GNAC basketball in this thread? CWU Center Samantha Bowman led the nation in double-doubles and rebounding.
                This is the girl Wt signed from the GNAC.

West Texas A&M Women's Basketball head coach Josh Prock has announced the addition of Northwest Nazarene transfer Nyalam Thabach for the 2022-23 campaign.

"We are very excited to announce the signing of Nyalam. We knew coming into this Spring we were needing to add our post position, Nyalam is a very versatile young lady who is comfortable playing inside and out" said Prock "She is a very skilled young lady who has a very good understanding of the game of basketball. We feel like with her size she will be able to give us a great presence on the defensive end as well."

Thabach comes to Canyon following two seasons at Northwest Nazarene in Nampa, Idaho where she saw time in 39 games with 33 starts for the Nighthawks where she was a Second Team All-GNAC honoree. The 6'4 forward went 184-of-382 (48.2%) from the floor including 85-of-119 (71.4%) from the free-throw line to average 11.9 points per game to go along with 157 rebounds, 29 assists, 33 blocks, and 35 steals.

The Boise, Idaho native registered a standout prep career at Borah High School under head coach Jason Willer as she was a First Team All-SIC selection as a senior, averaging 19 points and 13 rebounds per game while also lettering in volleyball and track.

"Nyalam comes from a very competitive conference and produced very well during her time at Northwest Nazarene" added Prock "She has an amazing personality and is someone the people of West Texas A&M will love to get to know. Nyalam is a very intelligent young lady and will adapt very well to WT and the Canyon community."

Comment

• Looks like we jump off in the deep end to start.

The defending South Central Regional Champion Lady Buffs of West Texas A&M will open up their 2022-23 campaign in Kansas City, Missouri on November 5-6 as they take part in the D2CCA Tip-Off Classic hosted by the MIAA at the historic Municipal Auditorium.

The eight-game, two-day event will showcase eight of the top women's basketball programs from the Central and South Central regions. The teams represent six different states and four different conferences including 2022 Elite Eight participants Missouri Western and West Texas A&M and 2021, 2019, and 2016 National Champion Lubbock Christian.

Tickets for the event will be available for purchase online in advance and will also be available for purchase at the Municipal Auditorium box office. Live coverage will also be available for all eight games via The MIAA Network.

Josh Prock guided the Lady Buffs to the NCAA Division II Elite Eight during his first season in Maroon & White, finishing the campaign with an overall record of 26-11 as WT claimed the LSC Regular Season and Tournament Titles followed by a run to the South Central Regional Championship at the First United Bank Center in Canyon.

2022 D2CCA Women's Basketball Tip-Off Classic Game Schedule

Comment

• Next year's roster has been posted. As of now 15 players, including 4 returning starters and 5 Freshmen. Last year's team had a lack of depth.
                    We also did not shoot the ball well. Those issues have been addressed with the new players. Braylyn Dollar is returning after one year at Sam Houston State.
                    She had been the LSC 6th Woman of the year in her previous two years at WT. With the addition of Dollar, Decker (from ENMU), and Thabach (from NWN) we will have a solid
                    and experienced front line. Lenz returns, after knee surgery, to a guard spot. The impact Freshman will be Mattie Boyd from Canadian. She is a 6'1" front-line player.
                    Hollie Stalder and Bree Brattain will add shooting and depth to the guard spot. Guard is the deepest position, point guard, and shooting guard.

On paper, this team appears to be ready for another deep run. This is the most talent we have had in a few years. (post-Kellog)
                    I look forward to a very competitive team.

Comment

• Surprised to see Lentz's name on the roster, after her injury I thought she was thru with the game, I guess sitting on the bench last season gave her the spark to continue, good for her and the Lady Buffs!

Comment

• Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
                        Surprised to see Lentz's name on the roster, after her injury I thought she was thru with the game, I guess sitting on the bench last season gave her the spark to continue, good for her and the Lady Buffs!
                        I agree. She has had 3 knee surgeries, on the same knee. She got hurt one week before the first game last year. At that time she was the starting 2 guard, over Karley. She has lived in the weight room during rehab. She is probably the strongest guard on the team. She watched Taylor and Lexi develop a mid-range jumper and be very effective with it, she has one now. With Zam, Karley, and Sienna Wt probably has the best guard rotation in the LSC. The good thing is having Karley and Sienna for two more years. At that time Bree and Hollie will be ready to step in.

Comment

Next year's roster has been posted. As of now 15 players, including 4 returning starters and 5 Freshmen. Last year's team had a lack of depth.
                          We also did not shoot the ball well. Those issues have been addressed with the new players. Braylyn Dollar is returning after one year at Sam Houston State.
                          She had been the LSC 6th Woman of the year in her previous two years at WT. With the addition of Dollar, Decker (from ENMU), and Thabach (from NWN) we will have a solid
                          and experienced front line. Lenz returns, after knee surgery, to a guard spot. The impact Freshman will be Mattie Boyd from Canadian. She is a 6'1" front-line player.
                          Hollie Stalder and Bree Brattain will add shooting and depth to the guard spot. Guard is the deepest position, point guard, and shooting guard.

On paper, this team appears to be ready for another deep run. This is the most talent we have had in a few years. (post-Kellog)
                          I look forward to a very competitive team.
                          WBB already??? WT football hasn't even lost their 1st game yet!!!! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

WBB already??? WT football hasn't even lost their 1st game yet!!!! ;)
                            Only because they haven't played.

I would be glad to post about football - if there was any information available.
                            The silence is deafening. Even when you see one of the coaches, no one is saying anything.

One of the things the fan base likes about Coach Prock is how transparent everything is.
                            ALL of the practices are open. The players are available for community work.
                            Prock and his staff return all calls and texts.
                            It's more of a family environment than anything.
                            Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 06-21-2022, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I would be glad to post about football - if there was any information available.
                              The silence is deafening. Even when you see one of the coaches, no one is saying anything.

It was that way for spring training too. They will just be running up the middle, with desperation passes when that doesn't work. That's hardly worth holding a press conference to announce.

I'm glad the basketball teams are on the right track even if I don't care for the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

It was that way for spring training too. They will just be running up the middle, with desperation passes when that doesn't work. That's hardly worth holding a press conference to announce.

I'm glad the basketball teams are on the right track even if I don't care for the sport.
                                Yeah you would like to hope that they have this secret haul of ringers like Carthel used to do during the prime days of WT football and wanted to keep the news private.

If WT finishes strong with a playoff spot then most peeps won't care how they run the practices.

Sh!t the bed again and they can keep all the secrets they want at different programs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X