Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

WBB already??? WT football hasn't even lost their 1st game yet!!!! ;)
    It won't be long once the season starts. Then people will be talking about how "if WT can just run the table..." which of course they won't.

6-5.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

It won't be long once the season starts. Then people will be talking about how "if WT can just run the table..." which of course they won't.

6-5.
      If they do go 6-5 it should be a total dismissal of all coaching staff.

They no longer have the excuse of Tarleton and Commerce around to justify two losses.

Comment

6-5.
        9-2 WORST CASE

Comment

• Probably will take 9-2 to make the play-offs

That means Wt will "just miss" with 8-3
          Siting a much-improved record (1 game) Wt will retain Hughes
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

If they do go 6-5 it should be a total dismissal of all coaching staff.

They no longer have the excuse of Tarleton and Commerce around to justify two losses.
            While I agree, I don't think McBroom is ready to hire another .500 coach, because it would make him look bad.

Remember, the previous AD hired Carthel, but McBroom canned him to hire Nesbitt, a fine NAIA coach. Hughes isn't a head coach at any level.

Comment

9-2 WORST CASE
              O?W7

Comment

O?W7
                You said 6-5, I said 9-2......

Avatar Challenge? If they are 7-4 or worse you win, 8-3 or better I win.

BET?

Comment

BET?
                  So I would change mine to a football?

Comment

BET?
                    WT_TKW I know there has to be a little sarcasm here but I will play along.

Where do you see the 5 losses coming from?

Western Colorado possible but game is in Canyon.
                    Angelo State on the road is possible.
                    Midwestern State on the road is possible.
                    Central Washington possible but game is in Canyon.

They lost to Western Oregon and UTPB last year but suspect they should be favored to win this year.

I am with GWB that 8-3 should be the worst case scenario.

Bottom line WT needs to win all 5 games at home and limit the losses to Angelo State and/or Midwestern on the road.

I think the "improved" record is a smokescreen given that Commerce is out of the conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

WT_TKW I know there has to be a little sarcasm here but I will play along.

Where do you see the 5 losses coming from?

Western Colorado possible but game is in Canyon.
                      Angelo State on the road is possible.
                      Midwestern State on the road is possible.
                      Central Washington possible but game is in Canyon.

They lost to Western Oregon and UTPB last year but suspect they should be favored to win this year.

I am with GWB that 8-3 should be the worst case scenario.

Bottom line WT needs to win all 5 games at home and limit the losses to Angelo State and/or Midwestern on the road.

I think the "improved" record is a smokescreen given that Commerce is out of the conference.
                      A Hughes team can lose any game, at any time, to any opponent not from the NAIA. The WOU and UTPB games are great examples. They were expected to be easy wins. Hughes was out-coached and heckled before the game by the jerk who is the UTPB head coach. UTPB was 5-5 for the year. WOU was 4-6. The other teams WOU defeated were Simon Fraser (twice) and Lincoln, both dreadful football schools.

Our wins against Angelo and Kingsville (which beat WOU by 2 TDs) were primarily due to both teams making a lot of mistakes. The only impressive win we had last year was against MSU, which was by 3 points.

The only question I have is how many consecutive games will the WT offense give up a safety?

"Up the middle to mediocrity".

Comment

So I would change mine to a football?
                        Noooo. To Angelo State logo.

Comment

Noooo. To Angelo State logo.
                          This seems odd, since according to you, you are no longer an ASU fan. However, I will agree to do it for a week after the bet is decided. Does that work for you?

Comment

This seems odd, since according to you, you are no longer an ASU fan. However, I will agree to do it for a week after the bet is decided. Does that work for you?
                            Why is it odd??? I always like to see ASU win because my son played football there. I am not an alum and have no allegiance to Angelo State. I am not invested in their games. Like I am not upset if Angelo loses.....understand? It doesn't ruin my day...70707.

I like to see ALL LSC teams do well. Especially out of conference.

The last two seasons I was pulling for TAMUC, with their move, I will be pulling for ANGELO & WTAMU. Is that OK with you?? HAHA.

If not too bad. Unlike you, I am free to be a fan of any D2 team. My ALLEGIANCE rides with my alma mater, a D1 (BIG A = FBS) university. Is that also ok?? Hahaha

I say you must wear the "colors" for 1 month not just a week.

Are you in or out?? I am willing to back up my mouth. You?

P.S.IF ANGELO STARTS WINNING I MIGHT JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON TOO!!!!! H3LL, MIGHT BE A MIDWESTERN FAN ALSO!!! H3LL, I MIGHT FLIP FLOP EVERY WEEK BASED ON WHO'S WINNING. AND GUESS WHAT, I CAN!!!!! 7070707070707

Comment

Why is it odd??? I always like to see ASU win because my son played football there. I am not an alum and have no allegiance to Angelo State. I am not invested in their games. Like I am not upset if Angelo loses.....understand? It doesn't ruin my day...70707.

I like to see ALL LSC teams do well. Especially out of conference.

The last two seasons I was pulling for TAMUC, with their move, I will be pulling for ANGELO & WTAMU. Is that OK with you?? HAHA.

If not too bad. Unlike you, I am free to be a fan of any D2 team. My ALLEGIANCE rides with my alma mater, a D1 (BIG A = FBS) university. Is that also ok?? Hahaha

I say you must wear the "colors" for 1 month not just a week.

Are you in or out?? I am willing to back up my mouth. You?

P.S.IF ANGELO STARTS WINNING I MIGHT JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON TOO!!!!! H3LL, MIGHT BE A MIDWESTERN FAN ALSO!!! H3LL, I MIGHT FLIP FLOP EVERY WEEK BASED ON WHO'S WINNING. AND GUESS WHAT, I CAN!!!!! 7070707070707
                              It's odd because your current avatar is not Angelo's.

I think Angelo will have a very good season. If they make the playoffs I will pull for them. I would do the same for any LSC team in the playoffs, with the possible exception of UTPB, because their coach is a jerk.

I can do 2 weeks with the avatar but that's it.

Comment

It's odd because your current avatar is not Angelo's.

I think Angelo will have a very good season. If they make the playoffs I will pull for them. I would do the same for any LSC team in the playoffs, with the possible exception of UTPB, because their coach is a jerk.

I can do 2 weeks with the avatar but that's it.
                                I say the loser has to display this as their avatar for the 2023 season.

Attached Files

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X