Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA PLAYOFFS QTR FINALS - ANGELO @ COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES

Angelo dominates NK and moves on to round 3 (Quarter-Finals).

Mines dominates Bemidji St. and hosts Angelo in Golden.

I see Angelo as the HUGE underdog in this match up. Weather will be beautiful 62 and sunny. The altitude is around 6k. Shouldn't be a huge factor.. However, I am not sure the Rams have enough to beat the Orediggers on the road.

Still, I will be an LSC Homer and pick Angelo by 3+

What are your thoughts/opinions.?

(Also, feel free to post on gameday.)
    Last edited by ASUPops; 11-30-2021, 07:00 PM.

I want to say Mines by 3, but something tells me Angelo will come out swinging.

Comment

Angelo seems to be playing well at the right time of the year. Don't see them losing at the LOS on either side of the ball, that usually means good things.

Comment

Anglo has been controlling the LOS all year. I don't think that changes. ASU by 7
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
          Anglo has been controlling the LOS all year. I don't think that changes. ASU by 7
          I agree, but I will go with Angelo by 10.

Comment

Comment

Mines isn't that great. They lost to Mesa and WT had them down most of the game in Canyon that WT should have won.

Like another poster said if ASU dominates the LOS its game over.

Angelo 38, Mines 21.

Comment

Anyone suspect altitude could hamper Angelo State players? Looks like weather is going to be in the 40s for kickoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                  Anyone suspect altitude could hamper Angelo State players? Looks like weather is going to be in the 40s for kickoff.
                  Couple days ago I was seeing a high in the 60s. Now I see low 50s during the game. I don't think 40s would be an issue at all especially since they like to run the ball.

Comment

They should be good if they get there a couple of days before the game. I used to do business in Golden a lot and I could definitely feel the altitude.

Comment

Altitude starts effecting performance when it's 7,000+ feet. Golden is around 5,600. It will take 1-3 days to acclimate.

But, I'll tell you that when I lived on Green Moutain (Lakewood), altitude 6,800 ft, that killed me. Lol. Took me about 3-5 days to acclimate.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Altitude starts effecting performance when it's 7,000+ feet. Golden is around 5,600. It will take 1-3 days to acclimate.

But, I'll tell you that when I lived on Green Moutain (Lakewood), altitude 6,800 ft, that killed me. Lol. Took me about 3-5 days to acclimate.
                          I'm a little curious, what is the highest altitude of the current LSC schools? That said, when they travel to the GNAC (non football sports) schools altitude won't be an issue with CWU the highest at around 1500 ft.

I also agree on acclimation. Flying out of here and trying to run through the Denver airport for my connection to San Antonio left me out of breath a lot faster than here.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I'm a little curious, what is the highest altitude of the current LSC schools? That said, when they travel to the GNAC (non football sports) schools altitude won't be an issue with CWU the highest at around 1500 ft.

I also agree on acclimation. Flying out of here and trying to run through the Denver airport for my connection to San Antonio left me out of breath a lot faster than here.
                            Most will be at 1,000 feet or less, Angelo State is around 1,800; WT and ENMU are around 3,500 to 4,000; the highest elevation would be WNMU and it is around 6,000. I remember looking at the elevation for them a few years ago.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X