Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWU Recruiting 2022

Hey LSC folks. Thought I would make my topic about CWU recruiting on here instead of the old GNAC board. Get to know a bit about the kids we recruit out of the PNW!

Marysville-Pilchuck (WA) 6'6" 280 lb OT Kaleb Potts commits to CWU. MPHS had one of the most dominant rushing attacks in the state and CWU has an offer out on their star RB, as well.
    https://twitter.com/Kaleb_Potts75/st...26577687801856
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1356842...d6e408542a0fdf

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    Hey LSC folks. Thought I would make my topic about CWU recruiting on here instead of the old GNAC board. Get to know a bit about the kids we recruit out of the PNW!

Marysville-Pilchuck (WA) 6'6" 280 lb OT Kaleb Potts commits to CWU. MPHS had one of the most dominant rushing attacks in the state and CWU has an offer out on their star RB, as well.
    https://twitter.com/Kaleb_Potts75/st...26577687801856
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1356842...d6e408542a0fdf
    Recruiting here in Texas seems to be different now, since the pandemic started. Teams are so full of talent. Many players that would have went out of state are stating in Texas. Some are even forgoing FCS for DII,just to be closer to home.

I assume the same is true in your neck of the woods.

Interesting for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Recruiting here in Texas seems to be different now, since the pandemic started. Teams are so full of talent. Many players that would have went out of state are stating in Texas. Some are even forgoing FCS for DII,just to be closer to home.

Interesting for sure.
      Hey Pops, what are your thoughts on recruiting in TX for the GNAC schools? Do you see that as opening up for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Hey Pops, what are your thoughts on recruiting in TX for the GNAC schools? Do you see that as opening up for them?
        Just haul those TX boys up there in mid Jan. One step outside in that cold weather and they will outrun that jet getting back to TX.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Interesting for sure.
          Yup, CWU had 57 Freshman and Red-Shirt Freshman on the roster. Only lose 5 Seniors starters.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Just haul those TX boys up there in mid Jan. One step outside in that cold weather and they will outrun that jet getting back to TX.
            Even been in Canyon in mid January?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Immediately, no. But, if they get some coaches with ties to Texas, AND give a decent scholly, you never know. It would be, for sure, be a tough sell otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Aren't you used to snow after last winter? They'd be glad the power stays on during snow and cold.

Comment

Other than Kaleb Potts, no other known commits yet. But a lot of offers still out there. Some of the more notable recruits with CWU offers:

Three QBs in Luke Abshire from Central Valley HS, Justice Taylor from Lakewood HS, and Justin Brennan from Lakes HS.

Two pretty solid RBs: WA state rushing leader Dylan Carson from Marysville-Pilchuck. Rushed for 2671 yards and 46 TD last season! Scorebook Live State Offensive Player of the Year & 3A Player of the Year, Cascadia Preps 3A Offensive Player of the Year, HeraldNet All-Area Player of the Year. Also offered 3-star Oregon 6A Offensive POY Malik Ross from Tualatin HS.

Lots of linebackers including 3-star Dallas Daley from Eastside Catholic, 3-star Quintin Yon-Wagner from Arlington, 3-star 6A All-State Zac Waible from Lakeridge in Oregon. CWU certainly needs to find a replacement for Donte Hamilton.

Tight ends 6'5" 3-star Tyler Hoffman from San Ramon Valley in California and 6'4" Camden Loidhamer from Wenatchee. CWU lost their top 2 tight ends so another needed position.

Some lineman like Cooper Carlson (Capital HS), Tyler Steinbach (Skyline), and Nate Elwood (Marysville Pilchuck)

Comment

More commits beginning to roll in for CWU.

Trishion Sullivan, Spanaway Lake DE who also had offer from Eastern NM
                    Brycen Indell, Thurston (Oregon) LB named All-State 5A 2nd Team

Comment

Two more commits this morning:

Aiden Whipple, DB from Mountain View in Idaho ranked #31 2022 recruit in Idaho. Also held 4 NAIA offers. I think he had an injury in his junior season that hindered his recruiting process.
                      Camden Loidhamer, 6'4" TE from Wenatchee. His brother Chase plays DE for CWU. https://247sports.com/high-school/wa...ack-177966203/

Comment

Glad to have you around, looks like your recruiting is going well, I am not the one to ask about football recruiting.
                        Looking forward to some good road trips.
                        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Even been in Canyon in mid January?
                          Just so you know January 20th 10:10am

Light snow and 15
                          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Light snow and 15
                            Yes, exactly my point. That place is miserable in the winter. Same goes for spring, summer, and fall but that's another discussion. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Light snow and 15
                              By comparison, 43 in Ellensburg right now and to get down to 31 with a high of 44 tomorrow and a 14% chance of rain. I know what that's like though as a couple weeks ago it got down to 8 here and we got 4" of snow in my city 90 miles or so from Ellensburg while they got about 8-10".

I hope to hear more recruiting news as one of the local stand outs committed to D1-FCS EWU. It also good seeing CWU going after 3 star recruits in the region as there was a time CWU got none that were above 1 star.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X