Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic: Tarleton Basketball Schedule and Transition

Imagine being a Tarleton freshman playing road games in Silver City and Portales, New Mexico to now playing road games at Stanford, Kansas, Michigan, Air Force, and Gonzaga.

They only lost to Michigan and Gonzaga by 9 points and routed Air Force on the road.

I know hiring Billy Gillespie and increasing the talent level has been a big part of it.

Makes me wonder if WT can make the quick transition in basketball as Tarleton has if they ever go the D1 route.

Deep thoughts on a New Year's Day in the football off season. Haha.

The LSC should be interesting this year with Lubbock Christian ranked #1, Buffs ranked in the top 10 and a much improved Commerce team in the top 25.

Comment

Ok... Pump the breaks. We beat a crappy Air Force team at home and will be lucky to get to .500 in our own conference. Stating that we have made a quick transition is absurd.

Comment

WT is going D1?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
          WT is going D1?
          Yes! You haven't heard???

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
            Ok... . We beat a crappy Air Force team at home and will be lucky to get to .500 in our own conference. Stating that we have made a quick transition is absurd.
            Hahaha,, RIGHT?

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
              Ok... Pump the breaks. We beat a crappy Air Force team at home and will be lucky to get to .500 in our own conference. Stating that we have made a quick transition is absurd.
              Good grief. I wasn't claiming Tarleton to be a top 25 Juggernaut. I was noticing their uptick in talent and coaching.

Not many if any D2 programs (maybe NW Missouri on a great day) or a lot of non power 5 D1 programs out there are going to play Gonzaga or Michigan that close on the road.

Tarleton's transition seems to be quicker than the average d2 program making the jump, does that work for you?

Comment

Not that I'm a basketball fan by any stretch of the imagination but I can say the ESPN feeds for the football games are quite an improvement over the D2 feeds which I watch both.

Comment

FYI.....In case you did not know. D2 Football has messageboards for BASKIEBALL

PLEASE see:
                  https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...uth-central-aa

it's a great place to discuss baskieball and leaving the FOOTBALL messageboards for FOOTBALL topics.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

PLEASE see:

it's a great place to discuss baskieball and leaving the FOOTBALL messageboards for FOOTBALL topics.

Thanks.
                    Wait, is Tarleton in the LSC?....

Comment

PLEASE see:

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Wait, is Tarleton in the LSC?....
                        I believe Islander is using Tarleton for a measuring stick to compare WT to. I think WT was usually better at basketball than Tarleton so his visions of D1 grandeur on how well WT would be are based on that. Just a hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I believe Islander is using Tarleton for a measuring stick to compare WT to. I think WT was usually better at basketball than Tarleton so his visions of D1 grandeur on how well WT would be are based on that. Just a hunch.
                          No. WT was not usually better. Since 2007, WT was only better 3 times '17, '18, and '19.

Tarleton's move to D1 was mainly to compete in D1 basketball, which was pushed HARD for by Lonn Reisman.

Comment

No. WT was not usually better. Since 2007, WT was only better 3 times '17, '18, and '19.

Tarleton's move to D1 was mainly to compete in D1 basketball, which was pushed HARD for by Lonn Reisman.
                            We have a winner!

Comment

Ok. I stand corrected. I just read the WT basketball posts and was lead to believe that their program was the strongest. Personally, I don't keep up with it. I did look since the topic was brought up and Tarleton is 3-1 in the WAC standings. So, it appears that LSC teams can compete in the FCS level schools of basketball. I know there is no FCS of basketball before someone responds it was just referencing those D1 schools which are not FBS.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X