Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I can feel your pain. The only thing I question about Mook is his determination to keep Guerike on the field. So far she’s played SS, 2nd, and 1st. Not a very good hitter but he must see something we don’t. She does have a strong arm.

Previously you talked about losing Cordell and McBroom. They were important but so was Vessels at 2nd. Mook taught her to hit last season after having a career batting average of less than .200, she became a reliable and powerful hitter. She was always an excellent fielder.

Valforte has missed a lot of time this season, is she hurt again? She’s our best power hitter. Lair won over 20 games last year but has clearly not recovered from her surgery. The last time I looked she was 3-3.

I think Neira is also missed. She was a quirky slapper who could get on base when others couldn’t.

Last year I hoped we would win 2 post season games. We were won a lot more than that. This year I am hoping for 2 post season wins again. These girls can play better, everyone knows that, except maybe them.

Mook is STILL The Man.

Nice to see an optimistic WT poster in a mediocre season. Wish that held true in football.

Comment

• Wt defeats Cameron 4-0 in the first game. Lair pitched the last 3 innings. Faced 9 batters, struck out 4.

#1 UT Tyler next.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
        Wt defeats Cameron 4-0 in the first game. Lair pitched the last 3 innings. Faced 9 batters, struck out 4.

#1 UT Tyler next.
        UTT's Tatum Goff with a perfect game against WT.

St. Mary's with a walk off HR to win the opening game, but give up a walk off to lose game 3.
        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

UTT's Tatum Goff with a perfect game against WT.

St. Mary's with a walk off HR to win the opening game, but give up a walk off to lose game 3.
          They forgot to mention that on the WT website. However I don’t think it’s a perfect game as 1 batter was hit by a pitch. There were no hits or walks though.

Lair came in and couldn’t get anyone out. It was an embarrassment that’s for sure.

At least Booth and Guerike weren’t any worse than their team mates this time. I think both of them should go to D3.

What is up with Valforte?

Comment

• If Lady Buffs receive an invitation to the regional tourney, it will be a token gesture of respect as defending NC. Hope they do, but I will be surprised.

Comment

• Commerce shut out Angelo 3-0 today. Facing Tyler tomorrow night. I’ll probably ride down there for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                Commerce shut out Angelo 3-0 today. Facing Tyler tomorrow night. I’ll probably ride down there for it.
                Good luck.

Comment

• Lions defeat Tyler 5-4. Face Kville at noon for the title.

Comment

• Lady Lions defeat nationally ranked #7 Angelo, #1 UT Tyler, and #2 Kingsville to win their first LSC tournament. Regional matchups should be interesting. I expect Tyler to remain at the top and host, even though Commerce did play really good teams that they lost to.

Comment

• I would like to remind everyone that regional rankings are numbers-based only, there is no human element.

Comment

I would like to remind everyone that regional rankings are numbers-based only, there is no human element.
                        And strictly by the numbers commerce was in first place, yet wt hosted in WBB. What’s your point? Commerce shouldn’t host in softball, Tyler should. I remain consistent in my analysis.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

And strictly by the numbers commerce was in first place, yet wt hosted in WBB. What’s your point? Commerce shouldn’t host in softball, Tyler should. I remain consistent in my analysis.
                          What cost Commerce hosting the regional WBB was not finishing your schedule. Whoever made the decision to not play the postponed game against UAFS left you one game short in the conference. That cost you hosting. IF I remember correctly Wt was 2-0 against Commerce. One of which was the tournament championship game. Enjoy D1 where you have no chance at a regional title.

Comment

• I think the committees got it right in both sports...

Comment

• Seven Lone Star Conference teams - UT Tyler, Texas A&M-Commerce, Texas A&M-Kingsville, Lubbock Christian, Angelo State, Oklahoma Christian, and St. Mary’s - were selected to participate in the 2022 NCAA Division II Softball Championship.

UTT, the LSC champions, is the top seed and host of the South Central 1 Regional with LCU, ASU, and Colorado Christian competing in the double-elimination tournament set for May 12-14.

TAMUC, the LSC tournament champions, welcomes TAMUK, OC, and StMU in the South Central 2 Regional.

Four teams will participate at each of the 16 regional sites in double-elimination tournaments, held May 12-14. Winners will advance to the super regionals, slated for May 19-20.

The finals will be held May 26-31 at the Assembly Athletic Complex in Denver and will be hosted by Metropolitan State University of Denver.

2022 NCAA Division II Softball South Central Regional 1 (Hosted by UT Tyler)
                              No. 1 *UT Tyler (39-5) vs. No. 8 Colorado Christian (49-8)
                              No. 4 Lubbock Christian (37-10) vs. No. 5 Angelo St. (36-10)

2022 NCAA Division II Softball South Central Regional 2 (Hosted by Texas A&M-Commerce)
                              No. 2 *Texas A&M-Commerce (42-13) vs. No. 7 St. Mary's (34-17)
                              No. 3 Texas A&M-Kingsville (43-9) vs. No. 6 Oklahoma Christian (39-13)

Comment

Seven Lone Star Conference teams - UT Tyler, Texas A&M-Commerce, Texas A&M-Kingsville, Lubbock Christian, Angelo State, Oklahoma Christian, and St. Mary’s - were selected to participate in the 2022 NCAA Division II Softball Championship.

UTT, the LSC champions, is the top seed and host of the South Central 1 Regional with LCU, ASU, and Colorado Christian competing in the double-elimination tournament set for May 12-14.

TAMUC, the LSC tournament champions, welcomes TAMUK, OC, and StMU in the South Central 2 Regional.

Four teams will participate at each of the 16 regional sites in double-elimination tournaments, held May 12-14. Winners will advance to the super regionals, slated for May 19-20.

The finals will be held May 26-31 at the Assembly Athletic Complex in Denver and will be hosted by Metropolitan State University of Denver.

2022 NCAA Division II Softball South Central Regional 1 (Hosted by UT Tyler)
                                No. 1 *UT Tyler (39-5) vs. No. 8 Colorado Christian (49-8)
                                No. 4 Lubbock Christian (37-10) vs. No. 5 Angelo St. (36-10)

2022 NCAA Division II Softball South Central Regional 2 (Hosted by Texas A&M-Commerce)
                                No. 2 *Texas A&M-Commerce (42-13) vs. No. 7 St. Mary's (34-17)
                                No. 3 Texas A&M-Kingsville (43-9) vs. No. 6 Oklahoma Christian (39-13)
                                LSC Tourney part two, minus one team.

Need less to say whomever wins this should be a super regional host.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X