Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WT managed to sweep always troublesome Cameron yesterday. The second game was a blowout.

I always worry when we play them. This game, which including pitching by 3 of our finest pitchers, always comes to mind when it's time to play Cameron.

https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/softbal.../boxscore/3805

Comment

Boy howdy, that first game with Okie Christian was HORRIBLE. Lose a 5-4 lead into the 7th and lose 8-5. 8 errors and 5 unearned runs. Lady Buffs looked like a silent movie slapstick comedy with several Buster Keatons in the field. Wow!

Comment

Commerce lost both at home to kingsville today.

Comment

Welp. That weak part of the WT schedule isnt working out so easily.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
            Commerce lost both at home to kingsville today.
            Pretty good weekend for us. 3-1 at UT-Tyler and ETSU.

With 10 games to go, 7 teams are with 2 games of first place. At least one good LSC squad is going to get left out of regionals.
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
              Welp. That weak part of the WT schedule isnt working out so easily.
              Your last ten games are against the bottom of the LSC. You can get healthy real quick.
              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                Boy howdy, that first game with Okie Christian was HORRIBLE. Lose a 5-4 lead into the 7th and lose 8-5. 8 errors and 5 unearned runs. Lady Buffs looked like a silent movie slapstick comedy with several Buster Keatons in the field. Wow!
                That's an accurate description. The infield seems clueless and even Salzman seems lost at times. Yes it was windy, but WT trains in that. OCU was not fazed by it at all.

I had to turn off the second game, which was even worse.

Part of the problem is Coach Mook has decided Guerike is not going to cut it as short stop, so he moved her to 2nd. Against Cameron, Johnson played short stop and it worked out okay, but today it was freshman Warren, who understandably had problems in her first start. Johnson didn't play today, I hope she is ok.

Our primary catcher, from D1 ACU, needs to drop to D3. She is a big powerful girl who is not especially good at catcher (2 errors in game 1) and is only hitting .222 (conference). In fact 7 of the errors in game 1 were in the infield, including 2 by Guerike who is now hitting below .200 (conference). She had all 3 errors in game 2. Geidel who has been an outfielder, played some catcher this weekend, did well against Cameron, but not so well today. Still her conference average is .375, even better than Sanchez's (.333 conference) who has been oddly used less at catcher recently.

Last year around this time, WT was swept by OCU, but afterward went 21-2 and won it all. Can they do it again? It's very hard to repeat, and we will have to have much better performances from the infield. Is Mook the right guy? Absolutely.

Comment

Lady Buffs are currently 8th in LSC. Fortunately some easier (let's hope) teams are upcoming. Last year the top 8 made the LSC tourney. So they can't afford many losses to the remaining teams on the schedule. Would hate to see them drop in the standings to one of them and not make the LSC tourney. Go Lady Buffs!

Comment

Comment

The stats say it all for the Lady Buffs. 5th in hitting, 8th in pitching, 11th in fielding. I reckon Mook will make some roster changes next year. It looks like he missed on a few kids. Catcher, 2nd, ss, and need for more production from the bottom of the line-up.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

The stats say it all for the Lady Buffs. 5th in hits, 8th in pitching, 11th in fielding. I reckon Mook will make some roster changes next year. It looks like he missed on a few kids. Catcher, 2nd, ss, and need for more production from the bottom of the line-up.
                        IMHO, The future is bright for the Lady Buffs. #27 Guericke looks real good at 2nd Base, hitting needs to improve, I would leave her there. #24 Warren played a good shortstop this weekend. I like #10 our left-handed catcher. (Leah Deaver I think) Pitching will be stronger with a healthy Lair in addition to Vortherms, Wilson, and Parrish. This is still a very young team. (had one senior) This season was a maturation process.
                        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Last edited by WT_TKW; 04-11-2022, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

IMHO, The future is bright for the Lady Buffs. #27 Guericke looks real good at 2nd Base, hitting needs to improve, I would leave her there. #24 Warren played a good shortstop this weekend. I like #10 our left-handed catcher. (Leah Deaver I think) Pitching will be stronger with a healthy Lair in addition to Vortherms, Wilson, and Parrish. This is still a very young team. (had one senior) This season was a maturation process.
                            The last #10 we had was Kim Lecompte. Geidel wears 0 and Shy wears 18.
                            Last edited by WT_TKW; 04-11-2022, 02:11 PM.

Comment

What are the LSC Softball Standings?

I gather since there are no calls for the death of a coach or his/her exile from the United States, WT must be at or near the top?

Comment

UT Tyler 20-4 34-4
                                Oklahoma Christian 20-4 32-8
                                Lubbock Christian 19-5 33-7
                                Texas A&M-Commerce 18-6 33-11
                                Texas A&M-Kingsville 17-7 35-8
                                Angelo State 17-7 33-8
                                St. Mary's 16-8 32-11
                                West Texas A&M 14-10 25-12
                                Cameron 13-11 25-17
                                St. Edward's 9-15 18-20
                                Texas A&M International 7-17 14-31