Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    But they played really good teams so they should be ranked first.
    Any word on what happened with Coach Bruister?
    I was expecting something to be said a couple of months ago, but it's like they don't expect anyone to notice who the coach is
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

Any word on what happened with Coach Bruister?
      I was expecting something to be said a couple of months ago, but it's like they don't expect anyone to notice who the coach is
      Nobody has said a word around here.

Comment

But they played really good teams so they should be ranked first.
        Still salty over the Women's Basketball? Too bad Commerce couldn't advance to get that third and final butt kicking out the LSC door. ;)

Comment

Commerce, on the heels of a solid 2 game sweep of #15 Oklahoma Christian, visits UT Tyler today to close the regular season. 2 wins by Commerce will earn a share of the LSC title and hosting duties for the conference tournament. One win by Tyler and they take the regular season title and host the tournament.

Comment

Commerce, on the heels of a solid 2 game sweep of #15 Oklahoma Christian, visits UT Tyler today to close the regular season. 2 wins by Commerce will earn a share of the LSC title and hosting duties for the conference tournament. One win by Tyler and they take the regular season title and host the tournament.
            Isn't Commerce like in 6th place???

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Isn't Commerce like in 6th place???

Comment

PLEASE help me understand:

https://lonestarconference.org/stand...?path=softball

SCHOOL LSC OVERALL
                UT Tyler 26-4 40-4
                Texas A&M-Kingsville 23-7 43-8
                Lubbock Christian 23-7 37-9
                Angelo State 22-8 38-9
                Oklahoma Christian 22-8 38-12
                Texas A&M-Commerce 22-8 39-13
                St. Mary's 19-11 35-16
                West Texas A&M 17-13 28-15

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

PLEASE help me understand:

https://lonestarconference.org/stand...?path=softball

SCHOOL LSC OVERALL
                  UT Tyler 26-4 40-4
                  Texas A&M-Kingsville 23-7 43-8
                  Lubbock Christian 23-7 37-9
                  Angelo State 22-8 38-9
                  Oklahoma Christian 22-8 38-12
                  Texas A&M-Commerce 22-8 39-13
                  St. Mary's 19-11 35-16
                  West Texas A&M 17-13 28-15
                  They were 22-6 entering the game on Saturday. 2nd in conference. If commerce won both they would have been 24-6 and so would Tyler.

Comment

Very disappointed in the Wt Softball team. A defending National Champion should be better than 17-13 the following year.
                    At times they looked like Champions, other times they looked like what they were, a very young team. They were not a good defensive team.
                    The hitting never lived up to its potential. The pitching was the bright spot.
                    It would be easy to dump responsibility for this year on the Coach.
                    I really don't know the "inside" story as to what happened.
                    It's very possible that last year was an "outlier."
                    If Wt returns to Championship form next year, we will know which year was the "outlier."

EDIT: Just noticed there will be 10 teams in the tournament - One more home game for Wt.
                    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 05-01-2022, 10:11 PM.
                    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

They were 22-6 entering the game on Saturday. 2nd in conference. If commerce won both they would have been 24-6 and so would Tyler.
                      But now they finished in 6th, right??? If not explain how they are 2nd?

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

But now they finished in 6th, right??? If not explain how they are 2nd?
                        Were second. Past tense. Now tied for fourth. They will be the 4 seed in the conference tournament via tiebreakers.
                        Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 05-02-2022, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                          Very disappointed in the Wt Softball team. A defending National Champion should be better than 17-13 the following year.
                          At times they looked like Champions, other times they looked like what they were, a very young team. They were not a good defensive team.
                          The hitting never lived up to its potential. The pitching was the bright spot.
                          It would be easy to dump responsibility for this year on the Coach.
                          I really don't know the "inside" story as to what happened.
                          It's very possible that last year was an "outlier."
                          If Wt returns to Championship form next year, we will know which year was the "outlier."

EDIT: Just noticed there will be 10 teams in the tournament - One more home game for Wt.

Comment

• Guerike looks like a good fit at second to me. I have noted Mook recruits a lot of players labeled as Utility/inf/of. That makes for a lot of flexibility however, to me it shows
                            a lack of skill set being developed for a specific position. Guerike is shown as an INF. IMHO she has the arm to play all INF positions, however, lacks the range for SS. That makes her a good fit
                            for 2nd or 3rd. Maybe Mook needs to recruit specific proven position players?? Then again what do I know??

Appears to me Lair is lacking in self-confidence. She is not nearly as aggressive as last year. IF she regains her form our pitching will be hard to beat.
                            The defense was really a question mark. Players not having a set position maybe. The overall talent is very good, seems Mook has trouble deciding where to put it.
                            Still think he is one of the top Coaches in the LSC.
                            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Guerike looks like a good fit at second to me. I have noted Mook recruits a lot of players labeled as Utility/inf/of. That makes for a lot of flexibility however, to me it shows
                              a lack of skill set being developed for a specific position. Guerike is shown as an INF. IMHO she has the arm to play all INF positions, however, lacks the range for SS. That makes her a good fit
                              for 2nd or 3rd. Maybe Mook needs to recruit specific proven position players?? Then again what do I know??

Appears to me Lair is lacking in self-confidence. She is not nearly as aggressive as last year. IF she regains her form our pitching will be hard to beat.
                              The defense was really a question mark. Players not having a set position maybe. The overall talent is very good, seems Mook has trouble deciding where to put it.
                              Still think he is one of the top Coaches in the LSC.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Were second. Past tense. Now tied for fourth. They will be the 4 seed in the conference tournament via tiebreakers.
                                Gotcha!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X